2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 70
Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1284
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    Can you make a list of what needs to be done and email it asking for people to sign up for the tasks they can accomplish? I do not think your siblings live too far away to drop by once a week with groceries, prepared food, and general check-up. If people took turns it would be manageable. Of course it never works that way in my family either. If people do not want to contribute their time/effort then they should compensate you with money if appropriate.

Or get your parents to make some phone calls to lay on some guilt trips. My mom finally wised up and quit mailing checks to my sister for birthdays, etc. Sis has to show up at the parents' house if she wants a check.
    My parents gift me money to help cover gas and grocery costs so that is appreciated. I do think that because my siblings know my parents help monetarily with the costs that they have this "she gets paid for it" attitude. My sister-in-law went so far as to write me an email telling me not to expect their help because they have 'busy' lives but they would take their turn if one of my parents were on their deathbed. Pretty sad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Anyway, my to do list for Thursday - to keep me motivated :-)

bake a loaf of bread, 15 cinnamon buns and 30 regular buns
    ironing
    fold laundry
    bake banana muffins
    water garden
    make a start on vacuuming

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today:

Run dishwasher - done.
    Make granola - done.
    Freezer inventory.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fed everybody lunch & dinner yesterday. After kids left yesterday, I unloaded, loaded & ran dishwasher, washed pool towels, picked up, then went out & pulled weeds for over an hour. They come out easy as wet as it is. My garden really took off this week, but so did the weeds. It is too wet to hoe, so I will probably pull more tonight.
    This morning I emptied dishwasher & folded towels. Not sure what I will do after work today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Things to do Friday
    1. Bloodwork
    2. Drop off books at library
    3. Decide on weekend meals

Have a good weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I helped a friend without a car pick up a heavy parcel at the post office. She gave me some cat snacks and toys she doesn't use. Including our cat's favorite toy.

Today:

Recycling station - done.
    Grocery shopping - done.
    Post office with my friend - done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday after work, there was a break in the rain, so we went to the B&O bike trail to walk. We got back to our car after walking for an hour- around 3.5 miles, and DH was missing a hearing aid! He said he took them out when it started to sprinkle & put them in his pocket. He felt he may have dropped it when he was pulling them out of his pocket as we approached the parking area. We looked all over & a young woman who we had passed us running, got into the hunt. It was not in the parking area. The three of us walked shoulder to shoulder down the path, retracing our steps. He knew the area he put them in his pocket & amazing as it sounds, we found it! Lucky for us the weather was not optimum biking weather, and there were very few people out so it was untouched. So we got an additional walk in. After that we went to the library& got some movies. I also got 5 packs of bean seeds from the seed library. I picked the ones that are 55 day to maturity, so they should have time. Came home, grilled steaks, watched movies & took a soak in the hot tub. Today I have done dishes & pulled weeds in the front flower bed, transplanted 3 coleus that had never found a home, & tidied up the front porch. It needs a more thorough cleaning, but every little bit helps. Now I am going to the garden. It is the driest day so far this week. DH is mowing.
    Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine - How are you enjoying having a cat?

Winkie - omg, so glad he sound the hearing aid. I wear one so know the moment of panic when you don't know
    where it is. That is a pricey thing to replace. I will have to see if our library has seeds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I watered the garden last night so of course it rained good today. I am getting small tomatoes and green beans, also 1 small zucchini. I will take whatever I can get.
    Saturday mid-day is dog first aid class for our dog club. A lot of time & effort for me to pull this event but we got a good group discount so I am happy for my final cost to get the training. Otherwise spend some time in the yard on spent foliage and branches, and figure out a menu plan and groceries for next week. And laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Winkie, dlrcpa, Tine, earlybird, and momoffiveboys!

It's hot here too, but then it's July in middle Georgia. The AC has been running a lot, unfortunately, and I know this month we're already over my maximum daily usage cost, but it it what it is. With temps in the mid-90s and humidity close to that, we have no choice. Plus the grass is getting dry and crunchy so we need rain.

We finally got a tomato from one of the plants! There are lots of green ones but they're not ripening very fast. DH made a white bread/mayo/tomato sandwich (a Southern classic) out of the ripe one and he said it was delicious. Wish the others would ripen faster. The Georgia peach crop was awful this year so I've only made peach cobbler a couple of times.

Over the next few days I've got to make out a master list of things to do to the house before DD's baby arrives. Our bathroom needs work---ceiling has a few spots of mold/mildew so it needs scraping and repainting, the tub won't hold water, stuff like that. And DD's room needs repainting, especially the window trim, and carpet needs a good cleaning. Hey, I think I just started my list!

For the rest of the weekend:

1) Plan menus for next week
    2) Work on mid-month finances
    3) Organize some paperwork
    4) Church/errands on Sunday
    5) Put up new bedroom curtains
    6) Probably more, but my brain is fried by the heat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A lot to do today: 1) grocery store 2) garden 3) make potato salad & 3-bean salads 4) laundry 5) library - maybe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Eb, I love our cat. She's so much fun. She liked the old box I sorted through

2017 To-Do Challenge-img_20170709_144929050_crop_583x777.jpg

I'm visiting my family this weekend to celebrate my brother's birthday.
    Last edited by Tine; 07-16-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cute kitty, Tine. ILC, are you getting excited? I just went to a baby shower last week & there are so many cute baby things out there! I love buying baby clothes. i imagine your DD will have baby showers, but after that if there are still items needed, Once Upon a Child is a great place to find things. Grandmas get a special discount. I got a baby monitor for my house there that I have had more than 10 years. It's not all fancy& modern, but we can hear what is happening in the baby room. (We have also used it so we can hear the door bell from the basement!)
    EB, I love our library. The seed part is very cool, but the whole place is just really special. There is a chess board & always guys playing. The children's section has a puppet theater, they show movies & serve popcorn in one of the meeting rooms. Sometimes I just go there on a hot day & enjoy their air conditioning & read magazines. If I was totally retired, I would go more often.
    Dlrcpa, how is the new job going? Sounds like you are getting meals prepped.

Yesterday, I went to my morning meeting, & shopped some. I bought a gift for myself, a huge Boston fern. I hinted @ Mother's Day & my birthday, but didn't get one. It was originally $19.99 marked down to $5.00. I stopped at the ReStore & found a great looking office chair for $15.00. Much better quality than the one I am using. One of the arms has a gouged place, but nothing terrible. I was mostly interested in the back support, which is excellent.
    Shopped @ Aldi & got a chicken with $1.00 off sticker, but the checkout guy gave me $2.00 off, so 5# chicken for $2.80.( I roasted that today for lunch & it was yummy. Will have lots of leftovers for lunches this week.) Went to the local farm stand for zucchini, peppers, cucumbers. Made some str fry veggies for dinner last night.
    Yesterday, I tore my front porch apart, took everything off, swept & used the blower. My attempt to tidy up just fueled the desire to really clean it. I have a very nice potting bench & unfortunately that this the only place I have for it. So I switched it to the other end & got rid of all the extra pots & junk that accumulated. I have three hanging plants & six more pots of flowers on my front porch. I am out of control! There are three big pots along the side of the garage & two each at the front of the garage & on the back deck. Anyway, I made a little sitting area right near the front door & it looks nice. Later DH & I played a couple games of pool & then had a campfire. We also were in the pool & hot tub. Today our church was held outside & we hung out & had refreshments after. We had a live band & a lot of singing with a short sermon. Now I have lunch over, dishes in the dishwasher & am loafing. Great, busy weekend, got stuff done & had a lot of fun. Hope you all did too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine - Your cat is so cute. More fun than 1 cat is 2 cats. Very entertaining to watch. Does your cat travel with you when you visit family?

Winkie - I think our library is a fun place too. I do the puzzle exchange each month. The summer reading program is going on now. Last year I won and got a nice book bag, amazon gift card and assorted reading things like a bookmark, flashlight. Hoping to be lucky again this year. I am going to suggest a seed library. A fun thing at our library is 2 parakeets in a cage. They sit in the childrens section and I always make a stop to listen to them. I go to alot of the programs and craft classes too. And it doesnt cost a penny. Great bargains you got.

ILC - I might have missed it but do you know if granddaughter or grandson? Will they be living at your house? Such a happy time for you.

This month is whizzing by. Monday again already. I will 1) finish grocery list 2) try to get haircut (it needs it) 3) not quite sure yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EB- I hope you win again., those sound like nice prizes. What did you do to win?
    Our library has a fish tank. They used to have iguanas, but they are gone now.