2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 71
Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1284
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning.

EB, we didn't bring her. My mom lives in a one bedroom apartment with two dogs she hasn't meet before.

I saw this picture this morning. It's our queen in a raincoat she made herself out of a tablecloth she liked, the crown prince and his family. I like her quirky sides, how she just wears what she likes, and wore the same dress at multiple state functions.

2017 To-Do Challenge-0d4a7103-6cdb-486f-8d53-0f7aa9c8cca0-12846-00001633b6db9c47.jpeg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, that picture is great! You have an innovative & industrious queen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This may be a dumb question, but why doesn't this thread show up? Is it because there were no recent posts?
    Sunday we went to the state forest & hiked- real hiking thru the woods, over tree roots, crossed streams, etc. We were out probably 2 hours or more. Wore my hiking boots & had no problems with my feet. My toes go numb in tennis shoes for that long of a walk.
    Monday we started a big project trimming & tearing out old bushes along the side of the garage facing the pool. Made a huge mess & got it cleaned up, but not finished. The hedge trimmer died in the middle of this adventure. Tuesday DH bought a new hedge trimmer. He thought I would like to be the first to use it. HaHa. I was in a strange mood & I may have taken it out on the bushes... Oh well, they will either live, or they will die & then we can get new ones... Next we need to run the rototiller & even out some places, then plant a little grass seed & get mulch. I will move a couple of my extra flower pots from the front porch to this back area for the rest or the summer. When I find some shrubs in my price range, I will fill in the naked spots.
    Today:
    Unload dishwasher- done
    Work 8 hours - in progress
    Continue trimming bushes around entire house & get clippings cleaned up.
    Maybe DH will run rototiller- it is supposed to be 90 degrees, so I may give him a break.
    Work on my attitude. I am having some critical thoughts about some people in my life who are making bad choices & I just need to let it go!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, major yard project! I am waiting for azalea bushes to go on sale, probably in the fall.

Watered the garden, it was 95+ degrees here too. I was the only person there so the water pressure was excellent! Really gave everything a good soaking. I have loads of beans in the pipeline. I planted way too many because rodents were doing a lot of damage 6-8 weeks ago. I will brush the dog and clean his ears tonight. Thursday need to blanch beans and freeze.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dlrcpa, I am envious of your beans. I have planted twice & not a bean plant to be seen. I think the birds may have gotten the seed. I am planting one more time, need to get that done in next couple of days. I do have Lima beans coming, but just a few.
    We worked more on the bushes. The area that started the whole project has not gotten any further attention yet. I moved on to trimming all the other bushes & things are looking much more tidy. Got the clippings picked up & disposed of, took a swim & went to a church meeting that I had forgotten about.
    I have 4 azaleas. one is huge & gorgeous, one looks half dead & the other two look good. They are planted in the same bed, all in a row. Not sure what is going on there...
    Today, tomorrow & Saturday - haven't decided the order, but we are having company Sunday for swimming & cookout, so I need a few things done:
    Quick vacuum of whole house
    General pick up of house
    Clean off clutter from kitchen counter
    Inventory fridge
    Grocery store trip
    Work in garden- hoe, weed, plant beans
    Check wild berries- should have enough blackberries ripe to start picking
    Prep food for Sunday
    Spray wasp/hornets nest again
    Make cushion covers for front porch wicker chairs

DH is getting pool water tested & balanced & he will mow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today:

Laundry.
    Run dishwasher.
    Go to the post office and pharmacy.
    Drop things off at the thrift store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Saturday: weed in front of house, blanch & freeze green beans, clean basement

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still keeping busy. Today cleaned inside fridge, cooked green beans from garden. Need to visit garden again - weather is nice today. Dog needs a bath, maybe tomorrow. I have been working on a quilt top and using random pieces of fabric.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am having an awful time with this website. For days I couldn't even read anything because it just kept reloading. Then when I do get on, I have to hunt for this thread. So, it has been a week since I posted.
    I got everything done on my previous list except the cushions...
    Had company, good time.
    Have been hiking again in the state forest, went to a movie @ a refurbished opera house for $3.00. Went to farmers market, got 4 dozen corn for $2.50 each, blanched & froze 12 bags.
    The seeds I planted got dug up....

Way to go on the beans. I guess I will have to buy them I

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spend the afternoon helping a friend move things from her apartment. She's gonna sublet it while backpacking for half a year.

My BF and I are visiting my family this weekend before going to Germany for a few days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to the garden today, more beans and LOTS of cherry tomatoes. I planted carrots and green onions in the patch where the first beans were grown. We're having guests this weekend, maybe I can give some of those away....
    I hear thunder rumbling, we will get rain Friday & early Saturday. No chores planned until Sunday after guests are gone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday I made pretzels & they turned out nice. Did some basic chores, two loads of dishes.
    This morning, DH helped me get stones from the creek bed for a plant I am repotting. The directions said to put a layer of gravel, plus the pot is lightweight & really needed something to keep it steady since the plant is kind of top heavy. Got that done & mess cleaned up. Now cleaning an office chair I bought a couple weeks ago. Then going to garden.
    We are going to a festival this evening & will get roast beef sandwiches. For over 40 years this little town in the next county has been raising money to keep their fire/rescue squad going by having an OX roast. It has grown every year. They are cooking 8,500 pounds of beef & will be sold out by 7:00 tomorrow evening. After that we are going to hear a local band play. Saturday I will run errands, go to grocery. Need to look for a patio table umbrella, I thought it was ok when I got a new one for the pool deck, but now it has a big hole in it.
    We have grand kids coming & going, From Wednesday on, then my son & his girlfriend are going to be here for a week, arriving Aug 5. Luckily I don't have too much to do to be ready for company.
    My garden just started producing. I am just to the point that the zucchini is getting ahead of me. Will need to decide what I am doing with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

zucchini sauce or mock apple pie/cobbler. I made zucchini sauce (just the filling part) and puree'd it last year. I liked it quite well. wishing I had more zucchini this year to deal with. I used lemon juice instead of any vinegar called for.

Mock Apple Crisp with Zucchini - Happily Homegrown
    Zucchini Mock Apple Pie Recipe - Food.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What is zucchini sauce?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

zucchini sauce is like apple sauce. Follow the mock apple pie or cobbler filling, puree the cooked mixture in the food processor and you'll have zucchini sauce. Taking the green peel off results in the color being similar to applesauce too.