2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 72
Page 72 of 86 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1284
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be shopping at several different stores today. I hope to be done/home by early afternoon. Library is open 1-5 and I have a book to pick up there if possible, maybe ride my bike there.

We had lots of rain Friday-Saturday. I picked on Thursday afternoon and am not sure if I need to pick again today or not. I suppose it's a good day to pull weeds since the ground is wet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're visiting my mom in her camper. My aunt and uncle will be here in a few hours.

Here's some pictures of the beach and harbor next to the camper. I spend a lot of summers here as a kid.

2017 To-Do Challenge-img_20170728_211325054-1152x648.jpg

2017 To-Do Challenge-img_20170728_210015656-648x1152.jpg

2017 To-Do Challenge-img_20170728_210732409_crop_1076x648.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody. Busy around here. DD's recent OB appointment showed her to be 21 weeks 5 days pregnant. Baby weighs a pound. Due date December 1. The sonogram showed the fingers, toes, beating heart, but not the gender. Hopefully next appointment will reveal it. The tech said the baby had a long thigh bone so I looked it up and it indicated possibly a tall child, which makes sense, but I have long thighs and I'm only 5' 3.5". DD's baby belly is getting a little bigger every day. I'm still hoping for a boy but if it's a girl I'll be cool with that too. Possible names -- Declan for a boy, Harper for a girl.

A rare summer cold front has come through and it's awesome---cool breeze, warm sun, and very pleasant evenings. The highs will vary from low 80s to high 80s over the next few days with lows 63-70. It's energizing. Plus it sure helps with the AC bills.

We've gotten 2 tomatoes from our plants. There are a number of still-green ones on the vines so DH is trying to be patient. He dearly loves his tomato sandwiches.

DS informed us last night that he is planning on going back to school this semester and finally finish his degree. Hallelujah! We are SO ready for him to be through. He hates driving back and forth to Atlanta for classes but we're hoping he'll make this final push and finish the last few courses.

Had to get new wheel bearings for our car to the tune of $522. Ouch. But it is safe now and even though we'd love a new-to-us vehicle, we plan on keeping this one as long as we can. It's a 2005 but has less than 75,000 miles on it. If we took a lot of road trips it wouldn't be a suitable car but it's fine for what we do.

This week:

1) Clean out fridge
    2) Mopping
    3) Clean up porch once DH finishes a bit of painting
    4) Do some yard work
    5) Pester DH to fix bathtub
    6) Pay August's bills
    7) Major August shopping--Aldi, Walmart, Kroger, Dollar Tree
    8) Send out some cards
    9) Call for mammogram/bone density test appointments

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We decided to save money and drive to Germany instead of taking the ferry yesterday. We'll do some sale shopping today. German prices are lower than Danish. I need new shoes and a few other things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The shoe store I got shoes from last year was closed, and I didn't find shoes somewhere else. Bought two dresses, some of my favorite tank tops I can only get in Germany, and a rain coat on final sale. We got wine and probably too much candy as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine: Is that in the south of Jylland? We spent our summer in the Faroes, went there with the ferry from Hirtshals, and were planning to drive down to the German border afterwards. But when we got back from the Faroes the kids just wanted to get home and relax. I still really want to go, especially to visit the islands on the west coast (Fanø, Rømø, Sylt), but I'm sure there are a lot of other beautiful places in that area.

I'm back at work, but don't really have the heart for it. There are almost noone at the office, so I have a calm and peaceful start to the autumn. But from next week, everything will be back to normal speed; more stress, but also more fun when there are other people around. But life would be much easier if I could get a couple of things done tomorrow that require thinking.

At work:
    1. and 2. Write two case files
    3. Sort out the programme for a conference

At home:
    1. Sort out the laundry
    2. Get an overview of what food we have in fridge and freezer
    3. Make a meal plan for August.

I think we have more than enough food as it is, but I'm also considering going to Sweden for some minced meat to cook up some more lasagnas and pasta sauces.
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Today: 1) garden chores, 2) work on quilt 3) investigate sewing machine problems 4) buy dog food 5) make supper and bake brownies or something

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The Metrological Institute of Denmark define a summer day as a day where the temperature is above 77 F just somewhere in the country. July had one summer day on 7/30 where we had thunderstorms. It's such a cold and rainy summer here while people die from the heat in Southern Europe.

Gaja, no, it's Eastern Funen. I want to go to Vadehavet too. I was ill and didn't go on a school trip there.

I find it fun how Norwegians shop in Sweden, Swedes shop alcohol in Denmark, and Danes go to Germany. How far a do you live from the Swedish border? I'm two hours from Germany.

We're in the airport now waiting for our plane to Stockholm. Our cat wanted to join us I was there on my own five years ago and it's a beautiful city.

2017 To-Do Challenge-img_20170806_110743320_burst000_cover-648x1152.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Tine View Post
    The Metrological Institute of Denmark define a summer day as a day where the temperature is above 77 F just somewhere in the country. July had one summer day on 7/30 where we had thunderstorms. It's such a cold and rainy summer here while people die from the heat in Southern Europe.

Gaja, no, it's Eastern Funen. I want to go to Vadehavet too. I was ill and didn't go on a school trip there.

I find it fun how Norwegians shop in Sweden, Swedes shop alcohol in Denmark, and Danes go to Germany. How far a do you live from the Swedish border? I'm two hours from Germany.

We're in the airport now waiting for our plane to Stockholm. Our cat wanted to join us I was there on my own five years ago and it's a beautiful city.
    We spent a week in Koldingshus a couple of years ago - that is not too far from Fyn, is it? Lovely area! A lot of great (and free) places to play for the kids.

It takes us about 20 minutes to drive to Sweden. How much we save depend on the exchange rates between Swedish and Norwegian krone, but around 20 % is common. I travel to North Jylland for work quite often, and the ferry to Gøteborg is always full of Swedes with trolleys full of beer.

Stockholm is a lovely city, especially the old town. I love the narrow streets and old little cafées and shops. Also, I always try to spend at least 3-4 hours in the area around the University, Natural History Museum, and Bergianska botanical garden.
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Saturday: Laundry & cleaning, work on quilt top
    Sunday: grocery store, garden, cooking for the week
    Oh, maybe I get to relax for 10 minutes somewhere in there....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have had a busy two weeks, worked several long days so I could have extra time with my kids. Aug 3 went with both daughters to ikea. My first time there, it was fun! Then grand son age 8 stayed two nights, grand daughter age 2 stayed the night after. Saturday, my son from out of state arrived with his girl friend & her son & they just left this morning. We all had lots of fun, lots of activities. Today, We went to church, then to family reunion.
    So other than cooking & dishes, not much got done around here.
    Tomorrow:
    Check garden, pick tomatoes & zucchini that are ready
    Strip & wash bedding in guest rooms
    Work a regular 8 hours
    Walk with our Monday night group
    Also need to pull weeds in flower gardens, but that is unlikely to happen tomorrow

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Busy day today, I went out at 11am and didn't get home until 4pm. Was supposed to have a dentist appt but it got pushed to next week. Tomorrow I have more stuff to do, but a lot of it can be done online or over the phone. Cat has a rash again, have to make an appt for her and order more of her special food. Have to register one of the cars online. Inspections and paperwork are done. Have to order more of my meds. Have to complete paperwwork for a medical study I am in.

Hoping the grocery ads show up so I can plan the shopping. Not expecting much in this neighborhood, but the eclipse is Monday and several hundred thousand visitors are supposed to arrive over the weekend, so officials are advising locals to top off gas tanks and do their food shopping early to avoid traffic problems. Monday is going to be.... interesting.

Mostly I have been enjoying the summer, trying to stay off the computer and stay active and get my health back. The hole in my foot finally closed and left a big ugly scar and pockmark, despite the doctor's assurances. Suckage, but I can walk, which is more than I can say for the other foot. I cannot walk or stand normally on the left side. Surgery is set for Nov 6th. DH and I have discussed it, but not begun preparations.

Also I twisted my wrist back in June and strained the carpal tendon. I've been nursing it, using an ice pack as a wrist rest and doing a whole lot of nothing, because I don't have time for another surgery this year.

Sorry if that was TMI. What are y'all up to?
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, wondered where you have been. Sorry about your wrist. I knew you were scheduling the other foot this fall. It it the same exact operation?

I have really lost steam in getting extra things done around here. Keeping the basics done for the most part. When I was remaking the guest rooms, I found a row of lace loose on the top sheet, so now I need to get the sewing machine out & fix it, or find another set of sheets. Neither option will be fast enough... Having overnight guests again in two weeks, plus I just can't stand seeing the bed unmade.
    My garden is so-so. Still getting lots of zucchini. Tomatoes are getting ripe slowly. I had all my salsa made by this time last year. I want to try some new zucchini recipes, but am procrastinating. Just got the stuff I bought @IkeA out of the car yesterday from two weeks ago. DH put two of the three items together today. I insulted him, so he left the big hard one for me...
    Some of our time has been taken up because we are getting back into walking more. That's a good thing, but takes an hour or more out of my day I was doing other things.
    Got my previous list done,including weeding the flower bed.DH sprayed weeds on the drive way, so I don't have to do that.
    Today/tomorrow I need to
    Repair sheet
    Put together IKEA cabinet
    Figure out dinner for today
    Figure out packed lunches for tomorrow
    Get blood work in am
    Hiking

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi Winkie! I'm waiting for some leftover chicken to warm up for lunch today.

I know what you mean about losing steam. Some days it's just about not collapsing before dinner time. I started buying paper plates so there is less clean up and DH doesn't have to run the dishwasher so often. Doing a little less scratch cooking these days too. Walking should help you get some energy back in the long run. I am doing yoga. It about killed me when I went back after surgery.

My garden isn't doing terribly well either. I don't know if it was because I started late, or because we didn't add compost this year, or if it is all the rain we've had. I had a rush of cucumbers, but it is slowing down. Picked the first few tomatoes the other day. They did not get big this year. Usually I have 5-6' plants, this year they are barely out of their cages. Almost lost the garlic, it got so wet it started to rot. Gave up on the potatoes.

Yes, same operation as before. They are removing damaged toe joints and putting a plate on the big toe to keep it in place. Should be 3-4 months recovery.

Well, the cat has an appt and food is ordered.

Tomorrow I am taking a free "summer vegetables" cooking class at the community garden. Maybe I can get some recipes for zuchinni?

Hope you get your guest room fixed up nice.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey CH, good to hear from ya. My new job sucks up an extra 60-75 minutes daily due to commute. It will get worse when school starts back up I guess. It is more money so there you go. My garden has been all cherry tomatoes and string beans with dribs & drabs of other stuff like okra, peppers, cucumber. I just ordered fall seeds. Weekends taken up getting prepared for the work week. I finished 1 small quilt and about to finish another one. Plotting on how to sell them. Saturday I will spend all day at my parents. Sunday will be "catch up" day.