Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today:

Declutter books and paper - done.
    Yard work - done.
    Run dishwasher.
    Meal plan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got Friday list done.
    Sat went to Dg had a coupon $ 5.OFF $25 bEEN LOOKING AT AN OCEDAR DUST mop I WANTED SO I THOUGHT IT BE A GOOD TIME TO GET IT got some things to go in stock pile came home tryed it out sure beats the swifter i have been using.Sun went to church.came home ate left over ham pot pie not sure if i will do anything else today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Busy day today. Got more free squash from the garden friend, need to process that. Freezer is full again so will have to work on that. Went to the garden and did clean up and picked what was available. More green beans to process. I just washed and chopped garden leaf celery leaves and froze in small baggies for soups in the future. Got a ham piece and chicken and italian sausage at the store so those will be suppers this week. Made baked beans in the crock pot today. I like adding BBQ sauce to them. There is a loaf of bread in the machine for breakfasts. I need to repot or plant the plants I bought Saturday but it does not look like I will have time tonight. Hopefully Monday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Squash was processed and plants potted/planted. Tonight cook green beans. Set up crock pot for chicken veg soup on Wednesday. May be rainy this evening. I could do coursework or reading tonight. I signed up for volunteer training in October and there are some videos I can watch in preparation. Also need to do continuing ed for work by year-end.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am going into planning mode for my next surgery. I have 8 weeks, including this one, and one of those is a travel vacation.

I prepped stuff last time, some of it worked some didn't. DH had an incredibly difficult time with the freezer. It didn't occur to me that he would not be able to tell a frozen pork chop from a frozen chicken breast. I am taking more care to label things now. I made a list of where certain foods were, what shelf they were on but DH had trouble finding things. So this time I am taking a photograph of the freezer contents and putting it on the computer, so I can show him before he goes out to the garage.

The ready made foods I put up last time worked well in most cases, but there wasn't enough of it for the 4 months I was down. So I'm making more this time, including soups. Also buying and stocking up on ready made frozen entrees, especially things I can microwave easily for lunch. Stocked up on (sale!) canned soup with pop-tops that DH can take for a hot lunch at work.

So far I've bought a 10lb pack of ground beef and portioned it out. I am tempted to get a 2nd one. I'll be making meatballs, chili, taco filling, etc.

So today I need to make lists, what I'm making, what ingredients I need, what else I need (like storage containers.) I've been trying to eat down the miscellaneous stuff in the freezers to make room, I need to make an assessment of available space. I'm sure more will come to me.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is a big challenge you are facing. I am good at labeling stuff (masking tape and ball point pen). Can you use those lightweight foil pans to assemble casseroles and freeze? Then make a 2 or 3 week cyclic menu menu. You could even label the items "Menu #1" "Menu #2" etc.

1) meat loaf, mashed potato, beans 2) lasagne w/ veggies included 3) beef stew & rolls 4) Hawaiian chicken & rice 5) chili & cornbread 6) ham & sweet potatoes 7) chicken & stuffing 8) pork chops, apples, mac & cheese 9) turkey soup 10) chef salad (eggs, cheese, meat & vegs) 11) pasta & meatballs, vegetable 12) stuffed baked potatoes - I liked creamed spinach over a baked potato 13) mini-pizzas? 14) burritos. Cookies, brownies, pound cake all freeze great too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

More green beans picked at the garden today. Going to throw a bunch in the crock pot tomorrow w/ other vegs and chicken pieces for soup. Also okra and 1 remaining squash. Need a good night's sleep tonight so I can be productive on Wednesday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the suggestions! I am going to be making some things that are easy to heat up. DH is actually very good with preparing vegetables, he knows what to buy and how to cook it, so we are good there. This week I am getting a rotisserie chicken and making pot pie filling (to be served with canned biscuits) and chicken tortilla soup. After that I will work with the ground beef. I plan on making meatballs. I have not figured out how to make a frozen meatloaf taste good. Mine have a metallic taste.

Today I got a shopping list started. I also started cleaning the plant shelf, that was on my to-do list last week, I think.

Tomorrow: yoga. And then we see what we have energy left for.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Busy day ahead:

-- pick up free items at Penzey's
    -- read chapters in disease management book
    -- tidy sewing room
    -- start new sewing project
    -- continue cleaning plant shelves
    -- pick up cat food from vet
    -- usual housework and dinner stuff

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I got the sign it was time to put the dog down. Although he seemed OK this morning, this afternoon when I got home he could not get up or walk. So we went to the vet and it was done in a nice special room they have. He was 16 years and 3 months old. Now I am tidying up and doing laundry. I will wait a month or so before looking for a new dog. Going to miss him a lot....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry abut your doggie dlrcp... Been there, done that, it's tough if they are young, or old.
    Take care.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Hubby will be out of the house most of today but back in time to fix supper.
    I have a lot of miscellaneous chores to do. Water azaleas, finish a library book, cook green beans or find someone to give them to, take a long walk, probably the bank ATM. Started shopping online for Christmas cards and a jigsaw puzzle for a friend. My brother's birthday is in 10 days and need to decide on something for him also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a birthmark on my arm removed on Thursday and it'll be analyzed for cancer. My doctor didn't think it had a high risk, but he wanted to remove it to be sure.

My BF had a office party yesterday and is hungover now, so I'm gonna walk my MIL's dogs alone today.

Today:

Run dishwasher - done.
    Clean kitchen - done.
    Walk dogs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So far it has been a busy day. I got up early and went to the dollhouse museum show, which was amazing but very far out of my price range. It was "free" with museum admission. Got back before lunch and went shopping, and managed to stick to the list. I found pork chops for $1 and bought ten to freeze. DH knows how to cook those. I used some coupons and got bacon for .99. Also got turkey and beef tenders to stick in the freezer. Got the rotisserie chicken, we will have that for dinner with l/o potato salad and green beans. Then the rest of the chicken becomes soup and pot pie for the freezer. I have 7 weeks left, and my plan is to have everything in place in 4 weeks, so I can relax and take care of last minute stuff in the final weeks.

Tomorrow:

I want to go to the renaissance fair in the morning, before it gets hot. We missed it last year because we were sick. Have some coupons to get us a few dollars off the ticket price.

Chicken time. Will put on a pot of soup and a pot of pot pie filling and go lay on the couch after all the walking we did at the fair.

Make sausage biscuit sandwiches for DH's weekday breakfasts.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning.

Decluttered tools, medicine and beauty products yesterday. Ran the dishwasher and went grocery shopping.

Today:

Two loads of laundry.
    Dishwasher.
    Meal plan.
    Make granola.
    Pick elderberries if it doesn't rain.