2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 9
Page 9 of 86 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made Dh a nice meatball sub w/ tomato sauce and mozzarella and very light green pepper. I had the same w/o the bread. Pretty good. We had gotten a layer loaf cake for $2. It was very lemony and super good.
    Tomorrow/tonight is supposed to be 3-5" but icy so we will stay in. I got meds/milk and other stuff. We could use Cat litter but we are not out. Still need to recticy the used coffee maker debaucle but it can wait.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Contractor's crew arrived @ 7:30 am. They started on dining/ kitchen ceiling. I remembered before bed last night to clear out china cabinet, as it had to be moved out of the room, along with a corner cabinet. Brought my coffee maker to the basement, moved most stuff off the counters, then they taped the kitchen cabinets off with plastic wrap. Doorway to sun room also taped up w/ plastic. We are rather confined to the basement, or our bedroom. Swirling ceilings is considered a lost art, so not sure what they will come up with for us. They also started in bathroom, pulled up carpet, removed toilet,found compromised wood which is an extra $50.00 add on already.
    Get this, I open the door to the two guys & one immediately says he needs to talk to me. He asks me if I was in a wreck 13 years ago just down the road & I said yes. He said he was the one who was driving the truck who hit me & he is so sorry. I know he called & apologized the day of the wreck & we talked about it. He was pulling a trailer & the roads were icy, his trailer fish tailed & finally twirled him completely around & hit me in the door. Totaled my paid off car. It was not his fault, he was not speeding . I watched him coming down the road, fish tailing & he actually made it past me , but the spin brought him back around & nailed me. Small world...
    I forgot I have to make a relish tray for a funeral dinner, so I have to go unwrap my kitchen so I can do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got everything done today. Went to CVS and used a coupon and reward bucks and got free mascara that was $7.99

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2017 To-Do Challenge-image.jpeg
    Wrapped up kitchen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie-you seem calm. I'll need the name of your pharmacist. That has prob. been on that poor guys mind for years. I hope the redo goes well. My uncle did ours and it wa good but DD was small and I was making her formula in the indention in the hallway people put the religious statues.I have no idea how we will do the ceiling w/ these tailed goobers running around.
    Woke up to no furncae so i truned it up and its running nice cold air again. Dh and Iwill now have a circle conversation. "I did turn it up,its blowoing cold,last time the relay was stuck. over and over again. For 2 more months?? Yeesh!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Been up restless thinking about my Ds. rearranged the freezer and put about 8 bread loaves in. Moved a few things out of the overflow and into the actual pantry. To me its easier to work when i'm the only 1 up.
    We are getting a few more inches than they said so-chili day for sure. Hope DD didnt eat al the chips.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie--Good luck on the remodel. I have several rooms that need it. Going to start with the laundry room once I get an estimate.
    FW2--I get a lot done when I can't sleep.

Woke up with a pounding headache. It's very windy and suppose to be 80 today and tomorrow. Can't believe it was snowing just a few days ago. Baking for our new worship minister today, taking old hard drive and printer to computer crashers , and then working at the food pantry later today. DH is going to start tilling the garden area today since we didn't get it done earlier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-yeah no sense lying there. I moved all the PButter and the canned pasta and a bunch of juars of tomato sauce got rotated. Got 8-9 loaves in the freezer. Founf the missing boxed pies Dh wanted to get. Just kinda a bit by bit thing. Not really in the way where they are but eventually I'd like things at peak org. and no overflow if poss. When the weather clears I will stay physical donations again but we just got 4.5 or so inches and we are going back up to 40 so melting and more rain. I can write checks for a few months and sit on the deals.

Because I can go anywhere I NEED to go everywhere. So silly. Just going to make chili,do dishes and pick at the pantry project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Forgot to say we have 75 school closed today.Like the commercial tomato soup and wine sales are up.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

56 this morning and light rain moving in. Could almost think it was spring.

I wonder if we will get grocery ads this week. They did not come at all last week. I almost hope they don't because I am done stuffing the freezer but I might want to buy some pantry items. This week I am going to make sure we have the dry goods we need. For example,. taco shells to go with the taco filling, bread crumbs to make meatloaf, mayo for tuna and chicken salad, etc. At least for the first week or two.

Going out today, Target and Bed Bath both claim to have bed trays, I want to look at them (if they are in stock) and see which will work best for me.

Need to go by the PO and buy more Forever stamps before the price goes back up on Jan 21.

Side note: I talked to the manager there yesterday about my missing packages, and he was able to call the PO in Georgia and get them searching for it. So it might yet show up and get delivered. Fingers crossed.

There was other stuff but I can't remember right now.

Hope those of you getting snow/rain stay snug today.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my list for today
    1-wash some sweaters by hand
    2-look through recipes for a scalloped potato recipe that only make enough for 2 i should have laid it out when i seen it
    3-finish filling dw and run it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW so sorry you are having furnace problems again. That is a nuisance. Not sure if you think I am calm with the construction, or with the guy who wrecked me... I was surely ticked when my car got wrecked. That was our horrible year when everything went wrong. I drove a junker for over a year, because I didn't want a car payment. But again, it wasn't his fault. I would not be so forgiving to the young man who totaled DH's CRV in front of our house. We were waiting to turn in our drive & he rear ended us...
    I had my construction melt down when the reality hit me of how much crap I had packed away in the closets... BTW FW, did you keep the hair color, or pitch it when you found it under the sink? You know there are good gloves in there you can save
    GB if you want to get a room redone, just have a pipe break up stairs. We just had the kitchen & dining room redone on our dime a year ago, now this ceiling work & paint job are on insurance. Part of the bathroom is insurance, but the true upgrades are on us.
    Since I am confined to my basement, i brought down the toaster & some bagels & packed myself a little lunch. Yesterday I had to have the workers move some stuff so I could find lunch. Today I am better prepared.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi ladies, hope everyones day turns out good..

I am pooped out, I coughed all night long, ugh, cough drop worked, then, um, there weren't anymore! sigh, spent the rest of the night coughing. hope fully DH is going to town today and can pick up some more..... I had 3 bags, guess everyone else used them up.. oh well.. will nap later..

boy the chinook wind really blew yesterday, too hard, the wind knocked over trees, semi's , but hey the snow is gone!! and it warm!

big goose egg for today, I am not going to wear myself out this time!

Have a nice day..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We went to see DH's sister at the funeral home today. She doesn't look good but then we don't know how long she was dead before she was found. DH is so sad. He and his brother talked a while today and they seem to take comfort from that. I'll be glad when visitation and the funeral are over.

The DMV accepted my birth certificate as legitimate (which it is) so that's now squared away, then we put it in the safe deposit box and ran into Kroger. They had 1/2 gallons of milk marked down to 50 cents each and the expiration dates were all 10 days out so I got some to freeze.

A roast has been in the crock pot since this a.m. and I'll heat up mashed potatoes from last night for supper.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today was productive. Bed Bath had the tray I wanted and I used the coupon on it. I also got one of those rotating christmas disco light balls that were all the rage this year. DH wanted one, but thought they were expensive. Well, they are 70% off now.

The grocery ads came, but nothing is jumping out at me as a must-have. Good.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Page 9 of 86 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast