2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for starting the thread SD. I totally overlooked this one.

Took a small bag of decent clothes the kid and me didn't or should say CAN'T wear anymore... ugh. This was a couple weeks ago.

Have the carpet shampooer sitting on the porch.. which is where it's been for to long... waiting to be taken to the business to recycle.

Threw away a few bottles of vitamins from years ago I had bought either for myself or the kid. Also a bottle of honey and something else ( forget ) in same cabinet.

Tossed a huge stack of nice magazines that come here that hadn't even been taken out of the clear wrapper. Was planning on taking them somewhere to a waiting room but they never made it off the counter. In the trash. I think they come from doing Swagbucks but I honestly have no clue. Cosmopolitan, Better Homes Gardens, Redbook, Allure, Marie Claire.. bunch others.

Slow process. I'm not one for getting rid of stuff.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge May
    $

Grocery Challenge/May
    Goal $250.00
    Total $14.11

Eat Out No More May
    Goal 20
    Accomp/1

No Spend Challenge/May
    Goal 20
    Accomp/

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, no, Niko! Honey never goes bad. You can always put it in a microwave-proof glass container and gently warm it to make it liquid again.

I've been tossing and donating little stuff lately but nothing very noteworthy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Oh, no, Niko! Honey never goes bad. You can always put it in a microwave-proof glass container and gently warm it to make it liquid again.

I've been tossing and donating little stuff lately but nothing very noteworthy.
    OH SD!!! THIS was bad. Like REALLY bad. It was Sue Bee brand so while still honey it was "honey". It was nasty looking and hard. I'm by far not a picky food person but even I wasn't going there. Trust me it was BAD.

Haven't tossed anything else although I'd planned to over the weekend. My cold/cough got me and I didn't move more than I had to. It kicked my ass.

Weekend plans ( among other things ) include taking a deep breath and finding 5 things in my closet to donate or toss. I know they're there... it's just doing the deed. That's huge for me. Also 5 "other" things...ANYTHING.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/May
    Goal $250.00
    Total $14.11

Eat Out No More May
    Goal 20
    Accomp/1

No Spend Challenge/May
    Goal 20
    Accomp/

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've rehabbed dark colored honey that had got hard and full of crystals. Works every time! I'm not arguing though, since I didn't see it and wouldn't have had to eat it. Sorry you had to toss it.

We found a few more counted cross stitch booklets to donate, not much but it all helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, when I was first starting to go through my closet and the decision making process was difficult, I made myself wear the clothes that I never seemed to pick to wear but was having a hard time getting rid of them. By wearing them I usually discovered why I didn't wear them. Sleeves were too short, uncomfortable, bunched in wrong places, ect. It made it much easier to get rid of them.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm moving to an apartment on July 1st and decluttering my things using the konmari method. Went through my closet about a month ago. Did books, papers, office supply, cosmetics, and medicine today. Got rid of 20 cookbooks. I'm giving some of them to friends and family and donating the rest of them. Our recycling bin for papers, metal, plastic, and glass will be emptied today. I'll pick up moving boxes from a friend in couple of hours and start packing my things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not much progress here. Last weekend me and the kid went on a cleaning spree ( mostly her ) and she either pitched or donated several bags full of stuff.. mostly clothes but other stuff too. I think I pitched a couple things.

Didn't do a declutter this weekend off other than several old pantry item things that were way old. Does that count?

I do have a printer/phone/fax/scanner still in the box but way old. Someone would have to manually put it into the computer which isn't as easy as it sounds. I have no use for it so it's leaving sometime this week. It sits in a corner where it's sat for 6 years.

I'd like to find a couple other things to go with it. I can handle a couple.

I need to go thru plastic ware storage again too. Did this quite a while back but now there's more with no lids.

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/May
    Goal $250.00
    Total $14.11

Eat Out No More May
    Goal 20
    Accomp/1

No Spend Challenge/May
    Goal 20
    Accomp/

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bet someone on Freecycle would love your printer. Or put a free sign on it and set it on the curb. Do you have to pay to get rid of it? We do here, a couple bucks or so.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Goodwill, Staples and Best Buy will take old electronics and recycle them. A few years ago we were making weekly trips with DH's old computer junk.

Coming up in the week after Independence Day we have a "trash forgiveness" day. We are limited to 2 bags a week, but on that week we can put out as much as we want. I need to remind DH, so we can get some more crap out of here.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The printer would work. It's still "NIB" just outdated. It would just need someone with the know how to manually put the make model etc manually into the computer. Nu Hope will sell it cheap to someone who needs one versus recycling and part ending up in dump... cause that's where it would end up.

Forgot to bring it with me this morning dang it.

Just a thought... wonder where all those plastic lids end up disappearing to? They must run away with the missing sock.

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/May
    Goal $250.00
    Total $14.11

Eat Out No More May
    Goal 20
    Accomp/1

No Spend Challenge/May
    Goal 20
    Accomp/

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I donated kitchen stuff, old electronics, bedding, and clothes I no longer use. Discarded a ton of old papers.

I'm gonna donate the vacuum cleaner and microwave and toaster oven combo I got from a friend. The oven is too large for my new kitchen, and I bought a used microwave oven for $8. The vacuum cleaner don't have a HEPA filter, so the air quality is poor. I have asthma and like clean air in my home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Filled 1 bag full of my clothes and shoes from the closet. I will take it to Goodwill later this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh, pulled 7-8 storage bins from under parents' beds and it is soooo dusty & dirty under there. Who knows how long stuff has been in those containers. I did not go thru them, just pulled out & stacked up. I can sweep out under the beds at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another day of clean-out at my parents' house - as much as will fit in my car. I scheduled a pickup for Tuesday. We're having guests on the 4th so it needs to be gone!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are going to be collecting a pile this week. We have what they call "trash amnesty" coming up, where you can put out unlimited bags of garbage without paying the usual $2 fee per bag. DH is going to be installing a built-in shelving unit in his office, and has to make space. I'm going to be clearing crap out of the basement. We already collected one bag this week.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast