2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Baby steps here. Yesterday DH used the power washer to clean the kitchen area rugs. They were good quality rugs so I would rather wash them than toss and buy new ones. They are drying on the deck. I am going to spray them with lysol before bringing them in, as they still smell a bit funky and we don't need any more smells in the house.

Bought a new mop because I don't know where the old one went. Now the mats are up the floor needs a good scrub.

Spent an hour this morning cleaning the car in preparation for our big trip. Lots of vacuuming, and I filled a sack with trash. Unscrewed the center console tray so it could be brought in and washed out. Will be loading that with hand sanitizer, aspirin, and antacids for the trip. Also want to spray the seats with lysol to remove the "wet dog" smell in there. We don't own a dog so it shouldn't smell like that. Bought an air freshener puck for under the seats. Should be a comfortable trip.

I pulled an empty box out from under some stuff we had stored in the basement, so one less thing taking up space. DH has cleaned a pile of boxes, packing, and paper out of his office. He is pretty good about keeping up with the new purchases, now if we could get to the stuff that has been under the stairs for the last 20 years...
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Slowly getting my sewing room back in order. It wasn't horrible, so hasn't been too bad. Everything has a place to be, it just has to be put there, which helps a lot.

I decided if we keep having a box available for donations, we will forever have a dang box sitting on a kitchen table. Instead, we're going to try taking stuff in as soon as we go into town again instead of waiting. We don't seem to have tons of stuff all at once anymore so time to change methods.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree about frequently clearing things rather than "big bang". I have a pick-up scheduled again for next Tuesday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I emptied a thread bed in the sewing room, so will be donating that. I seldom sew things anymore that require matching thread, and over the years I acquired multiple spools of similar colors, so as they get used up, I don't need as much storage.

I got the sewing room tidied this week, and plan to start on the cluttered craft table today. That shouldn't take long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another box out of the basement, and all of the 2017 papers filed. Yay!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got rid of the thread bed but bought a nice piece of tee shirt knit for myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can see not having a place to stash donations isn't going to work, so I'm going to compromise and use a smaller box so it doesn't sit around as much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2015 papers filed and a lot of crap sent to recycle. One box gone. Now working on a stash of 2016 papers I found.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Replacements.com bought all I sent them except 1 plate. Yippee, a check for $308 will be coming in the mail. Most of the other stuff not even worth the shipping cost (which was $23 for the box I already sent.) Shred papers are going to the dump box @ work. Need to take old yard waste cans to a dumpster somewhere soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats, DLR! That's a nice bonus.

I started filling a suitcase with clothes to donate. I have 2 suitcases to get rid of and hope to fill both of them before winter.

This winter I'm determined to get better control of the little stuff in this house. It's our biggest clutter problem now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one book shelf and a tv plan on donation then it will be small things i have been getting out some things every week giving old tee shirts towels and stuff for rags to my son to use in shop cut up some things to use on swifter then throw them in trash.Waiting until it get cooler before going through closets again decide what goes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been on a roll these last few months.

My last projects were to complete my craft room (formerly hubby's home office), my disaster preparedness supplies in the basement and my home office.

The only big project I have left really is the garage and it's not horrible.

After that, it will be the smaller tedious projects like organizing photos and recipes and genealogy materials, etc.

Basement craft area - before
    2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge-basement-craft-area-before.jpg

Basement craft area - after moving stuff to new craft room
    2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge-basement-craft-area-after.jpg

Basement - new disaster preparedness area
    2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge-disaster-prep-area-organized.jpg

New Craft Room Collage
    2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge-craft-room-before-after-collage.jpg

Home office - before
    2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge-home-office-before.jpg

Home office - after
    2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge-home-office-after-panorama.jpg
    2018/2019 Pay Off the Windows Challenge: $28086.34/$31,057.34 (Goal: Pay Off By 12/31/2019)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looking good, Marie! I moved some boxes and bags to recycle, and a small tote to the donate bin today. Baby steps.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, what a difference Marie. Great job!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great! Our basement is mostly finished but there are 2 "clutter" rooms. One has the furnace, HW heater, etc. There are 3 tall and 1 short metal shelving units in there. My goal is to declutter/empty and disassemble one of them. The deck furniture and window screens are also stored in there so it's really crowded in winter.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast