2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Put a Playmate cooler in the box for the rescues annual garage sale next year. It is hard to believe we have had that cooler since we were dating and we've been married 37 years. I don't even know if anyone wants coolers like that anymore, maybe for catching fish?
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH took 2 boxes of fishtank hoses and misc out to the garage. It will be given away or donated. I consolidated a few boxes of hobby supplies into a smaller one, and tossed the larger boxes into recycle. Moved some other craft supplies into a new plastic tote, and put another cardboard box into recycle.

I'm going to get DH to help me move some large storage tubs back into the closet. They got pulled out this summer and not put back.

The 55 gal can of wood from our trees has been used and DH dumped the remaining twigs and leaves into compost. One thing gone from the deck. I also cleaned the smoker and dumped a huge pail of wood ash into compost. That has been accumulating for several months.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4 boxes of "stuff" and a bag of clothing (almost all from parents' house) are out for pickup. I will get rid of of old greeting cards this week - going into recycle. Need to figure out what to store in my "free" plastic box.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We finally dragged our old smoker down to the road with a FREE sign on it. It was in good usable condition but with minor damage, so I didn't think GW would want it. It lasted less than 2 hours. I hope whoever took it enjoys it. Now was a good time to put it out, because firearms hunting seasons are just starting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I filled up a medium size box for GW today. Not much, but it will help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We built a rack today for some of the stuff I've salvaged that has just been laying around the yard. In addition to the stuff the rack will hold, we used up quite a few old boards that had been cluttering up the yard along with the four sets of dock legs that were laying around, too. This rack will go a long way toward getting the yard tidied up. I didn't expect to get this done till next year, so this is a big bonus.
    2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge-20181006_154040_1538865942548.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another 2" of parents' old papers will go to the shredder tomorrow. I sorted a bag of old sheets and discarded knit shirts. I cut up the shirts into large pieces (use for potholder filling etc) and small pieces to use for silver polishing. Thinking of things to do w/ various. I sorted out seed-starter pots and a little bit of extra fertilizer and slug bait to give to the neighbor since I won't be gardening next year. Washed the large decorative pots I may use next year (flowers? herbs?) prior to storage.

Will ask hubby about the old coffee maker that is STILL sitting in the garage several months after it broke.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've been making some progress in the garage today. It won't be done till next year but the goal for now is to make more space in there to make it easier to deal with over winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the garage workable for winter. Lots more space than last year. We will have plenty of sorting to do in the spring, but things are looking much more under control out there now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Coffee maker went to recycle. Now thinking to ditch my old iron with repaired cord - not really safe. I'm still cutting fabric scraps into quilt blocks and am almost finished the small random pieces. Moving on to the larger pieces next, maybe 1/4 yard sized. Maybe a patchwork apron?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Put a sports bra in the SA bag this morning. Bought it there and never used it so back it goes.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took the GW box and donated that today, so that's gone.

I went through all the flannel scraps left from the DfG liners I make. I used the pieces I could and trashed the rest, so got rid of that excess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday took a sack of old wore out towels,and other things out to son shop for him to use as shop rags then he can burn them,today put a few more things in sack to give away threw some things in trash slowly getting rid of things.Still got 2 closet go through.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took the half chair to GW, since I got a better chair free earlier this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today youngest dd came over i gave her a coat i got for Christmas a few years back that i had never wore many times it was a little big on me another thing gone and excuse to get a new coat but may not since i really don't need one.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast