2018 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hauled 2 loads to the dump today and filled the truck and trailer both times. One load was assorted metal stuff to recycle plus household trash since last spring, the other was assorted stuff from the yard.

Shipped off the Days for Girls stuff I made, so that's all out of the house now. Now to get to work on some of the UFOs floating around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

10/18 Almost got everything out closet in guest room today put some more things in bag to give away have one box going let d daughters go through before i do anything with the stuff some new pictures frames and decorations still like a few small boxes that on the shelf. I am trying get rid of most dust catchers.(nick nacks Not spelled right)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I scheduled a pickup for Tuesday. Have put clothing in a bag and have 2 boxes of parents' junk to go out. Will probably get another box over the weekend. I read about a local thrift shop that I may take some things to. I hate letting the big organizations pick up breakables since I figure a lot get broken in transit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorted through computer games and found a couple dozen to let go of. That will help tidy up Husby's office a little bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nephew plans to collect furniture he wants from dad's house in early November. I think I have found a local auction place to look at the tools/workshop stuff there and possibly the furniture. Will discuss w/ brother this weekend.

About 7 boxes/bags of stuff were picked up by the donation truck Tuesday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Found a few more things to get rid of next time we go out of town. I finally brought in a soft stuffed footstool that's been in the van for years in the way. Husby has always been convinced the dogs needed it as a seat extender. My opinion is we have 2 rear seats and 2 dogs, and if they can't make that math work, that's their problem.

Found a chain with clips to make a Christmas card garland, so that can go.

Getting rid of a small piece of exercise equipment. I like it but it kills my knees, so I never use it.

Dumping an experimental seat cushion I bought last spring. I've tried it on several chairs and it's not comfortable on any of them.

Still have a big box of dolls I made to sort through. I will probably get rid of them all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, yeah, I made two straps to attach the dog panel to, and strapped it to the back of the rear seat in the van. I used about 4 yds of webbing and a couple parachute buckles for the straps, and now the panel is out of the garage and put back to work, and we don't have to worry about the dogs jumping over the seat and out of the van while we're loading our groceries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent the morning on laundry and de-clutter including stuff brought home from mom's. Probably 30 crochet doilies/arm chair covers and the like, embroidered dresser scarves and so on. Napkins are in the laundry w/ bleach to see how much they improve, some were new but everything stored improperly and picked up stains.

There are 2 very old quilt tops, not quilted, applique on muslin blocks. Trying to decide if they are worth doing anything at all with. Not my style at all and 1 has motif of large bright orange leaves, probably my least favorite color. At least the lattice on that is beige and overall in decent shape. The other is yellow flowers with green lattice. But many individual blocks stained. There are also some butterfly applique blocks only. I will probably store those for a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If the quilt tops have sentimental value, maybe one or a few blocks could be framed or remade into a table runner or something.

I finally sorted out a big box of handmade dolls and put them in the donation suitcase for next week.

I sorted through some canning jars, too, about 3 dozen. I will either give them to someone or donate those next week, too.

I decided, finally, to let go of the big Tupperware cake taker.

I found the box for the small exerciser I want to get rid of, and also the instruction book for it. Now I can get that dusted off and packed up to donate.

Still have another suitcase to donate and hope to fill that before we go out of town, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thursday we took about half our small truck bed full of donations, so that helped.

Today we donated a snow shovel we both hate.

I've been working through stuff on my work table and getting some things put away. I've been tinkering with UFOs, too.

I finally remembered to buy a specialized bolt to replace one missing from a handle on a fancy photo album I bought recently. I replaced that so the album is ready to be put away till I get to sorting our pictures. That was one thing on my table awaiting attention.

I prepped some flannel strips left over from another project, so those are ready to piece together and make into comfy pillowcases. That won't take very long once I get to it.

I bought a bag of 54 spools of thread at GW Saturday and started putting those away. But I realized I will have to remove all my thread from my thread beds and re-sort everything so I can sort it all by color. I used to just put thread wherever there was an empty peg, but I wouldn't be able to ever go back to that disorganization again. Anyway, that has turned into a minor project but getting all that thread for just $2 is well worth a little extra work.

I put away a box of office supplies that belonged in a wall pocket organizer, then took the box apart and put that in recycle, so that's finally done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A load of hazardous waste is going to the transfer station today (amazingly they take it 7 days/week in my county.) Bad fluorescent tubes go to the same place. I have 3 of mom's coats to wash and then donate to the coat closet this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're lucky, DLR. We have hazardous waste collection about once a year here. Otherwise it's a 60 mile drive. We can get rid of fluorescents here though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday I removed most of the overflow pantry items from Husby's office. I cleaned and reorganized the shelving I built early this year under my work table and changed the shelf positions to make better use of that space. Then I organized all the pantry overflow in there. Mostly it's unsalted canned food we either have to order by the case from our small local stores or buy at least 50 miles from home at bigger stores that keep it in stock. Either way it has to be stored somewhere. Previously it's been stashed all over the house, so having it all corralled and organized will be a big help. I saved one 3' shelf for the various tools I use all the time at the work table, so those won't have to sit on top of the table in the way anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday got rid of a tv that was in my BR a friend took it glad it out my way hope some one get some use out of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hooray. Hubby shipped off his trains to his nephews. 3 BOXES of train stuff gone from our basement via FEDEX.
    I plan to take the large garbage bag full of coats to donate tomorrow.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast