2019 House Purge / Declutter Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by jettsmom View Post
    I'm working on the kitchen this week. Ds cleaned it the last time he was here. I need to get it back to how it looked when he left. Some people, (we won't name) can't put things back where they came from and just leave it on the counter. I just push it out of the way so I can cook. Time to clean it up again.
    lol know that one.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

since I was away didn't purge much but left a couple of books I bought on the trip where I was for others. bought home a couple so a wash I guess. not much room in luggage so bought sleeping bags there left one plus air mattress at cousins to use or give away. one sleeping bag here will be giving away too. have a new pile of things started.

purged a few things expired from the fridge that the boys didn't notice.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Loaned my friends lots of party items.....punch bowls, serving dishes, trays etc. Out of my house....but they will be coming back in January...does this count??? LOL

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I noticed a box in the storage area, opened and found it is a lot of REALLY old papers (hubby's). Task this week is to sneak papers from the box out to recycle or shred and hopefully empty box by end of week that I will also dispose of. I have donation pickup coming on Tuesday, need to gather more things. I gave away a few things to co-workers this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

you know what I do now with old papers since it is noisy and long to shred papers.. burn in the bbq.

I gave away a sleeping bag, skirt , british mags to friends. more mags to moms group. getting a pile for thrift store. somethings got from mils place but can't get smell out so to thrift store. will take pics out and get rid of the albums. got rid of sunfaded or too many of the same photos.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have permission to dump shred papers in the big secured boxes at work, they have a service. In winter I could burn in the fireplace but not really necessary.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My friend brought me over some homemade chicken soup which is delicious. I gave her a new set of six pink globlets. She seemed to like them. Also gave her son some pokemon cards and two small stuffed animals for her two girls. Getting rid of stuff...slowly....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorted about 1" stack of parents' papers to dump in the shred bin at work. Also about 1" of paper to go to recycle (envelopes and non-personal stuff.) Organized stuff in the laundry room a bit and vacuumed closet floors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a donation pick-up scheduled this week. Just a few miscellaneous and household items.

I have a bunch of stuff on ebay ( kid books, Halloween mannequin, misc.) and I hope they sell.

Dlrcpa- you reminded me that I have a lot of paper shredding to do as well.

Peg- Anything donated/reverse borrowing is considered a win in my book!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Two large boxes going to GW tomorrow.....got all my shoeboxes packed and sitting in the corner of the living room along with six boxes of fillers and 304 pencil packs....drop off is in November....now I have a ton of empty totes....taking lots of gifts to NY when I leave next week....slowly getting there....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished working on the box of hubby's papers. Salvaged some spiral notebooks. A lot is going to recycle, a few papers I crammed into one of his other boxes. I brought home more things from mom's house, several boxes go be donated. Some silver/plate that I may or may not keep. Usually I polish first to see how nice it turns out. 1 piece looks marketable but replacements.com did not list it as something they are buying. May need to call them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

carload of mils and ours to value village. mix of household, clothes knickknacks etc. have more to go. dd decluttered a bit. will bring a bunch of new stuff to moms group to give away kids little craft kits, science kits etc. offered to one person who homeschools but no reply yet so if I don't hear from her by tues gone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Scheduled another pickup Nov 5. More of mom's junk. Forgot to bring newspapers here for packing but cut up a bad cardboard box to use as separators for things that might knock together.

Has anyone used eBay consignors. I boxed some large chinese ginger jars thinking to donate but they may be worth some $$$. However I don't want to mess around trying to post on eBay myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I look around and see so much clutter. I have a lot of dishes and things from my grandmother. I always thought I should keep them, but really they mean nothing to me. I do have a salad set, that I display in my curio and it looks nice. I have all of her salt and pepper shakers. I loved looking at those as a child. Those are the only things that I feel the need to keep. There are a few other pieces that look nice and I have displayed, but don't really remember them. I have more packed away in the basement. I think it's time to go through it and see if I can turn any into gifts and then just donate the rest. It's time to start getting rid of stuff. That's all it is, is stuff.

I have a huge fabric stash and I need to go through it and give it away too. I did donate a lot of my Christmas fabric one year to a group that was making stockings for the military for Christmas. They weren't expecting so much. Yes I have a problem. I really should just start making some quilts and blankets to give away. That would take care of it.

We still have tubs full of the boys toys. One day I hope to go out and divide them up and say "here, take your stuff". I know there are things that can just be donated too. It's crazy how much stuff we have. I did donate a huge tub of books a few years ago. I only kept a few for the dgds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a thick stack of papers to go the shred bin at work. 2 silver items to sell to Replacements.com are packed (found some bubble wrap) so that will be gone this week also. Donation pickup is next week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast