2019 House Purge / Declutter Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlrcpa - I'm envious! I wish my husband would throw away 2 garbage cans of his junk.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    Amazingly while I was out for 3 hours today, hubby decided the clean out the workshop area where the cat boxes are, he said it smelled bad. Moved a lot of the storage units out and filled 2 trash cans with junk, mopped floors and moved storage units back in. Amazing - 2 trash cans of junk will leave tomorrow. A nice big surprise.
    think they just like to think it is their idea lol dh worked in his office for a couple of hours today. can see the top of one table apparently lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- that's great! I wonder what motivated DH? I'm usually trying to be nice about cleaning up and get a ton of pushback. I told DH that the storage locker will shock him when it all comes back to the house.....Yup. Then let's see what he does or says.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ruj - good strategy and necessary. I guess the appraisal people have come and gone?
    The book donation bin is near Joann so next time I go there I plan to get rid of 1 tote bag's worth.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tonite I get to drop off my shoeboxes.....39 boxes and six totes, bags of fillers....I am excited. They are sitting in the corner of my living room.
    My daughter is sick so she can't come to pick up her tote. Friday I get rid of my friend's tote. Next week the two for the homeless dinner will be gone.
    I found a new Thanksgiving tablecloth and runner I gave to my sister in law.
    I have lots of nice serving dishes etc and I am re-gifting these for Christmas to my husband's nieces. Is that tacky? 99% are new.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dlrcpa- The appraisers have not arrived yet. Nor have we gotten a day/time. Bank said that they had a tough time pulling up our tax info from the IRS. I wonder if that's true or not. Or is there a time limit on how long we can lock in the interest rate and if that time passes, we have to resubmit for a refi ….Rates have gone up, and we went through this scenario before, although not with this bank.....I sent a email asking how long our rate is locked in..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My daughter came by today and as much as she doesn't want to be like me, she is...….I had a tote filled with things I thought she might like....she took the tote plus two more and a bunch of stuff from the garage.....I'm slowly getting my living room back....guest room is still a mess but it's getting there.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    Martha- that's great! I wonder what motivated DH? I'm usually trying to be nice about cleaning up and get a ton of pushback. I told DH that the storage locker will shock him when it all comes back to the house.....Yup. Then let's see what he does or says.
    well dealing with his moms stuff lol and I am doing my share plus now we actually have had a couple of free weekends. first in years now that his mom has passed. so he gets to destress from work and have time to veg out and get stuff done. and if he wants to use any of his stuff or do his hobbies he doesn't have a choice lol no room and he can't argue that I am being unreasonable and abnormal... cus I am not and we have had this argument a lot... and I said look nothing to do today so you can spend a couple of hours in the office lol really it is weird for us to be have lots of time to ourselves. we do miss her but it was a lot of work dealing with her and the mental drain of dealing with his sister.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A young Mom came by today to visit and I had a bowl of wax pears on end table. She loved them so I gave them to her....one thing gone...didn't give her the bowl as it's cut glass and I've given just about all of them away so decided to keep this one.
    Cleaned out the pantry today. Have a few things to donate to food bank.
    Trying to pack away the fall décor....even with everything I gave away I still seem to have an abundance.
    Trying to get the labels off Starbuck bottles. Gonna make homemade chocolate mix for a craft exchange I am attending next week...I don't craft so making the mix and blueberry scones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

haven't done much at declutter except take the fall stuff down onto the dining room table. xmas stuff all over. have started a food bank bag

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went thru my cloth napkins....I have an abundance.....have one garbage bag filled to take to thrift shop.
    Still have an abundance....LOL
    Put the Thanksgiving totes in garage...neatly so husband won't complain.
    Slow and steady.....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345