2019 House Purge / Declutter Challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom, I'm sure your niece will love it....

Martha I had to laugh about your inflatables......hope you find a friend for Mr. Snowman....wouldn't want him to get lonely.
    I don't have any inflatables...just a lot of STUFF.....Have a tote full of Noah Ark stuff....I used it as a theme at one of the dinners I decorated for....going to give it to my young friend who has three young kids....

Daughter is on her way...she is going flip when she sees this mess.....looking forward to getting rid of it all....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Daughter and grandson came by today.....left with both cars loaded....no room to spare....
    Now, my car is loaded as I'm going to visit my friend tomorrow afternoon and she will get the leftovers....six totes full!!!
    I kept two totes....
    I almost cried when it all left but I will never use it again....no one comes for Christmas and it's too much work to put it up and take it down...husband doesn't care so hopefully they enjoy it.....
    Now got to call sil and see if she wants 19 place settings of Christmas china.....hard to give that up....I may keep four settings.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been letting go of a few things and forgot to post gave my oldest grand daughter several pictures and frames some empty frames and a picture album along with some of her oldest daughter school papers i kept for her.Then gave my youngest daughter 4 plastic shoe boxes with lids.Gave oldest daughter long sleeve shirt.Got 2 bags of things some clothes and other things plus almost new spin broom to take some where ether Gw.or the store that help disable children store just depend on which town i am going to.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Christmas dishes have a new home....gave them to a young friend of mine who will use them and appreciate them....I didn't keep any....I'm a little sad...well, big sad really...sitting here crying......letting go of the dream of having a big Christmas at my home with the kids and grandkids......ain't never going happen.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

BWPeg please post a picture of your Christmas dishes for us to admire and you to look at when you like. What was the name of the pattern and manufacturer?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Picked up a prescription and remembered Whole Foods next door recycles wine corks. So got rid of several bags that have been riding around in my trunk.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have a picture but it's was topco ribbon pattern....I had 15 dinner plates, 20 salad/cake plates, 12 mugs, 20 stem glasses and 12 water glasses...….quite a collection....lol....My friend promised me she would keep them forever.....she has a big family and do big family dinners so I know she will enjoy them....makes me feel better....I shouldn't be sad after all it's only dishes.....

Will be great to get rid of the Christmas gifts I've purchased over the year....I love saving money but storing them isn't so great....everything takes up so darn much room.....

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I looked it up, BW, that's a pretty set. I have some cute little tree shaped plates with a similar design, for snacks or something. Never get used. MIL gave us a set of goblets with christmas trees on them. Used to be 4, now 3. Take up space 11 months out of the year. It's nice that your friend and her family will be using your stuff.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Taking up space is right....my problem is I love dishes, glasses, china, crystal, tablecloths, placemats, napkins and napkin rings etc....I have way too many sets....I love setting the table pretty....no one sees it but me and husband....but it gives me great joy just to walk by it and see how pretty it is....If I ever figure out how to add a picture I will post....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Name:  31d4a0c922436a30bcbc155b68bc1716_1577104229072.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  32.3 KB

Peg, could you keep just 2 place settings of the dishes you love most? That way you could still enjoy them but use lots less room.

I love dishes too. I keep weeding things out and have gotten rid of lots. Still have some to go. I have my parent's wedding china and I'm trying to keep only what coordinates with that, or pieces I can use a lot.

I had a minor declutter win. I repurposed an unused tool bag for some sewing tools. Luckily it was almost exactly what I wanted. I saved money by not buying something new and also did not add another item to the house. I recently mistakenly made some quilt squares too small. They can't be used for the quilt. Since my 'new' tool bag does not have a cover to keep out dust, I plan to use the incorrect quilt squares to make a simple dust cover for it. Better than throwing them out, and they won't become useless clutter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

YES....YES....that is the pattern....thank you for posting.....
    Most of my dishes I have only four plates....I usually don't keep the cups and saucers....I mix up the patterns quite a bit....wishing I kept just four of the salad plates to use with my red plates. ...it's okay....I have plenty to mix and match with...I do have another set of Christmas plates but I really liked the ribbon pattern....I am slowly getting rid of things....

SD you are probably one of the handiest people I know.....I am always talking to my husband about the things you repurpose....you go girl.....

One way to get rid of things is for people to steal them.....I had a wooden reindeer with two poinsettia's in it that my brother made me on my front porch just two feet from the door....some lowlife came by at 6AM Sunday morning and stole it....my house has camera all over and I have a ring doorbell which picked it up....I have her picture all over fb.....lowlife....my brother is no longer with us so her stealing this really makes me angry....lowlifes need to get themselves a job and buy their own things.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're welcome, Peg. That's a pretty pattern. I'm sure the lucky people who got your dishes will enjoy using them at family holidays.

I feel like I'm pretty handy. It saves money and all, but I love the challenge. I like making nice things from junk and the creativity of it all, keeping stuff out of the landfill, and all that good stuff.

I got the dust cover done for the tool bag. It should work nicely. It was a fun project and now the quilt blocks aren't wasted.
    2019 House Purge / Declutter Challenge-20191223_124037_1577130197302.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pretty. Yes, I would probably have kept 2 small plates to use for my breakfast toast. Maybe 1-2 mugs for coffee. That would be plenty for me and not take too much space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is sad when people steal like that. it is a pretty pattern. I got a set of 4 xmas china cheap which then got lost in the garage for years and finally used but kids so most broken think the bowls are left.

dh is cleaning up his office ..you can see the floor now. I just found tea towels, hand towels another xmas tablecloth on the bottom of linen closet and it is not even big like maybe a ft by 2 ft just proves don't need lots of space to hide things

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD- that cover is nice and useful. If I had only 1% of your abilities, I'd be so happy.

Peg- I'm very sad about that reindeer. Absolute shame. We have a huge problem here with thievery and it's always on the local news this time of year. DH keeps saying that he doesn't understand why people have to take other people's stuff.

I'll keep putting things on ebay to get rid of stuff.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast