2019 House Purge / Declutter Challenge
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 2019 House Purge / Declutter Challenge

This challenge is for anyone interested in decluttering and/or purging all or part of your home in 2018. No specific rules apply, so you may choose to do a general fling (though why anyone would want to fling a general, I'm not sure ( ) or keep track of what you've divested of with the aim of dumping 2018 items, or using any other downsizing goal you may have. You may set a goal for the year, for a specific area of your home, for the number of items you want to get rid of, for an amount of time you'd like to use for your challenge, or any other way you choose to measure your progress.

Feel free to join in anytime and share your goals and accomplishments. We love before and after pictures, but that's not a requirement. It's encouraging to see progress others make, as well as share our own additions to our personal tah-done lists!

Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to get rid of the old rowing machine. I have asked hubby at least 5 times but he won't let it go. His shoulder and elbows all have/had tendonitis or similar problems so this makes no sense. I will try a new tactic and say if he will get rid of the rower he can buy himself a new piece of equipment he might actually use. (Of course he will never use the new equipment either but I might like it. I definitely don't want the rower.)

He won't give up his dad's old golf clubs either - hello? shoulder? elbows? Or tennis racquet!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It took me 20 years to talk Husby into letting go of his golf clubs. I finally got through when I pointed out how much he complains of pain when he does other activities that require twisting and other similar motions to golfing, not to mention the cost.

I would suggest a really good treadmill or recumbent exercise bike. Would he go with you to a fitness store? Maybe he would find something he likes if he tried something new. I had zero interest in the treadmill Husby needed after his heart attack till we went to buy one and I saw how nice they are, how quiet, comfortable, easy to use, etc. We ended up buying a better machine than expected and it's been very worth it.

Good luck. Getting rid of stuff is a process, and people usually are at different places in the process which means someone else ends up frustrated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol the rowing machine fil had ..small 70s one out lived him in mils condo. she moved into assisted living so that got rid of a lot of stuff..way too much.. just reminds me that it didn't come to live with us in ds closet...because he always wanted it but never used it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made a new quilt ruler organizer from a spare dish rack yesterday. It will live on my work table and organize some other small sewing tools I use a lot, to keep things tidy.
    2019 House Purge / Declutter Challenge-20190202_191636_1549200179202.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Best I can say is the kid got rid of a few more things over the weekend. Brought back IN few things too but still.
    I've had a bad knee for a few weeks and the last 2 weeks it's hard to even walk. I WILL get it started. Enjoying reading your posts in meantime
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby broke down some of his "saved" cardboard boxes for recycling and put the styrofoam out for trash pickup. I still have 2 boxes of brother's books to donate somewhere, currently sitting in the garage. I gave 3 old dog toys to niece's dog living at dad's house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I broke down some more boxes today, too. Good to have them flattened and in the tote to haul out.

I added a cookbook, three baby dolls, a cutting board I hate, and a squirrel-proof bird feeder to the donations. I have to clean up the bird feeder yet but that won't take long. We have a couple weeks before we're going anywhere to donate anyway.

I consolidated some loosely packed stuff in the back bedroom, which helped me empty the boxes to get rid of.

I trashed some packaging materials that were in some of the boxes.

None of this made much of a dent, but I still feel a little better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I done more getting rid of clutter last week magazines,catalogs,old phone books,other papers.Got more papers need to shred up and some more clothes to go through.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

spent a few hours going though mils stamp collection..collection of tins and boxes that were full of lots of other stuff..like throw everything in and close the lid and start a new one. a rubbermaid tub full down to a big shoebox and a half a small one of family mementos. bag full of garbage and another of recycling. told dd be happy at least my collections are organized not a mess of things together.. her moms obit from 84..which discovered she had been telling me a diff story all this years about her mom when she died. old coupons, letters, picture, notes saying go next door, couple of bucks, matches..etc. i don't know if she was so crazy about stamps why are they just thrown in tins ...in the env. people gave her or from her. only ones in books where her dads. can't donate them to places that sell them to charity yet because apparently she still asks about them.

found the bin of winter stuff so hats, scarves, and old mittens donated. keep a couple pairs handmade ones that are cute. some books, trinkets etc in the thrift store box too. ongoing.

realized still have the huge cardboard box from the tv in the basement to get rid of too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have 2 grocery bags of books/flashlights/misc to donate. I am debating on getting rid of my cooking magazines as I paid $10 each for them but they take up a whole drawer.

MIL keeps buying us flashlights. I don't think she remembers that she's purchased a ton of them already. She also keeps sending wallets & wristlets. They have all been donated. I'll be clearing out a couple more drawers and my closet today. The family has purchased new sweatshirts for me and fleece lined pants. I wear all of this to bed and with all of the PJ's that MIL has purchased for me, I'm set for the next few winters. So my old PJ's will be donated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

realized there are 2 threads going on this subject. I threw out bunch of cardboard.. the big tv box and stuff from xmas from dishwasher that has been sitting in the basement. takes up lots of room

lol dh loves flashlights so he would be happy getting them. maybe your mil is getting a bit slow in the mind? or maybe suggest things she can get you because she seems to want to buy you things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got rid of brother's books today since I was in the neighborhood where the collection bin sits. Boxes can go out with recycle tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Threw out a stack of old papers and misc. Will work on more things this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took a box of stuff to GW to donate Tuesday, along with a lighted magnifier and a squirrel proof bird feeder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast