2020 House Purge / Declutter Challenge - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dh took a pile of cardboard and a trailer full of reno garbage to the dump $48 cost and 4hrs time as he put it. better then $500 getting a service. plus some stuff sitting in the yard like old pool pump. had a fb memory of a declutter about a 100 woodworking mags of dh cat had peed on from storage. cat was gone by then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took a load to the DAV. Two tubs of blankets, shirts and sleeping bags. Also some other misc. junk. Found a couple of other things from the basement that could go. Of course thought of a few other things. My nephew likes Elmo, so I have a couple of Elmos to give him.

Have a pile of unused items to return to menards, from doing the swimming pool. That will more than pay for my mulch.

Time to move to the next mess.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH just got rid of two or three large boxes of aquarium stuff from the garage. With a little cleaning and rearranging we might have a corner we can use for storage now. And now I know where the old mop ended up.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Washed and packed up 3 boxes of glass serving ware from mom's china cabinet. Was able to dust off 2 empty shelves, much more to go, she had it crammed full. 2 old electric blankets will go in the trash, safety issue. Told hubby to pick which of the 2 old iced tea makers to keep (we are on our 3rd one) he said both old ones can go in the trash. Amazed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlrcpa can you cut the cord from the electric blankets and donate to the homeless? A blanket is a blanket....

Cleaning the china cabinet can be a chore.....I did mine few weeks ago and gave away two boxes full....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

did give coffee and hamburger helper away that I didn't use so he can. found a can full of ancient kcups so opened them for the coffee ..put under plants and recycled the rest. have a new thrift store bag going which I put painted canvas in, put back the magnets on the fridge and got rid of some plus old papers from fridge. little thing but adds up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to go through some tubs in ds' room. I think there are some things from his wedding that I need to get rid of. I don't want him to find them and then bummed out. I think what is left will fit in some other tubs or boxes we have packed away. I'm hoping to get rid of all of it one day. Either give it away, throw it away or ds takes it home with him. I have a couple of tubs in the garage I need to go through. I know I can combine them into one tub at the very least. It is stuff I stashed away when we did the refi on the house and tried to clean up. Never got back to it. I took a box of dishes to the DAV last week, only to find out my niece was needing some. Oh well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Donations were picked up. I went through some of my own papers and have a pile to recycle, some went in the trash. Still working through the shredding. My wedding dress is still in a box, it was self-sewn and not fancy. Cannot think of any reason to save it.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorting through a couple year's worth of papers, filing and discarding. Will have a bonfire later.

Not sure where my wedding dress is. It was hand made, too and I am sure it does not fit me. I was 40lbs skinnier then.....
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bookwormpeg View Post
    dlrcpa can you cut the cord from the electric blankets and donate to the homeless? A blanket is a blanket....

Cleaning the china cabinet can be a chore.....I did mine few weeks ago and gave away two boxes full....
    I have even took the wires out of old electric blankets and used them as regular blankets.Raising 6 children on low income you will do a lot of things to keep warm.
    Goals for 2020
    1-No spend day
    2- No eating out days
    3-getting rid clutter
    4-menu
    5-stockpiling
    6-Grocery budget

Registered User miteigenenhaenden's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took 2 boxes of different things (clothes, kitchen items, toys, books, car accessories, etc.) to a special second hand department store yesterday. Only people who hardly have a chance on the normal job market work in this department store. The things are donated there. (So I don't get any money for it.) Then, if necessary, donated items are repaired and sold again for little money.
    The money that is earned there supports the people who work there and the homeless in the region.
    I think that's a good thing.
    Best regards, miteigenenhaenden
    www.miteigenenhaenden.wordpress.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh took two bags of trash from the garage to work to dump and had two more this morning. The garage is coming along. It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years. And, how much stuff you buy again because you can't find the first one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not much going out the door today except for a notebook that I don't need - I swear I have more paper than I could ever use for the rest of my life (okay - maybe not quite THAT much but I've got way more than I need right now anyways. lol)

And besides the notebook I found a pretty bracelet that was out on the shelf in our building (there's a shelf we can put things on to give away and also can take anything left on the shelf as well). A month or so ago, I picked it up and brought it home because it was so pretty and didn't even find it again until a few days ago and am I really ever gonna wear it? Nah, I don't think so - so, I'm gonna return it and hope it can find a home elsewhere with someone who will use it. 😀

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    Sorting through a couple year's worth of papers, filing and discarding. Will have a bonfire later.

Not sure where my wedding dress is. It was hand made, too and I am sure it does not fit me. I was 40lbs skinnier then.....
    you and me both! lol besides the kids spreading out the ribs that never went back lol haven't tried it on since the wedding.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took books to the donation bin (found one that was not full). I have another general pickup scheduled for Sept 29.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast