2020 House Purge / Declutter Challenge - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I, too, try to beak down our paper garbage....food boxes are folded, papers ripped up....husband doesn't do that...I say nothing as he take the garbage out....got to pick my battles....
    Have a great Sunday.....sunny here...going for a ride....my entertainment for the week....

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a large tub for recycling papers and cardboard, no point to tearing it down unless there is a lot of it. We can put as much recycling on the curb as we want. DH hasn't taken the bin out in 3 weeks and the amazon boxes are piling up, so this morning he collapsed everything.

Enjoy your drive out, BW. Sounds like a perfect day for it.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Left 3 stained towels at the vet clinic for their use since I was close by today.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bookwormpeg View Post
    I, too, try to beak down our paper garbage....food boxes are folded, papers ripped up....husband doesn't do that...I say nothing as he take the garbage out....got to pick my battles....
    Have a great Sunday.....sunny here...going for a ride....my entertainment for the week....
    lol dh complains we don't break down the boxes enough for recycling. I try but hands can't w some and then I said well nag your kids. we have alternate weeks of recycling and garbage pickup

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took ten books to my friend in the country....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thought I updated but hadn't the big box of thrift store stuff got dh to drop off a couple of weeks ago, 2 broken vcrs to a friend who likes playing w them and his makers events for kids. shipped a box of yarn free so that is gone too. about 14 skeins. slowly getting there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

By default, the basement will lose some boxes/totes and empty boxes since DS1 is moving out. It's not nearly as much as I had hoped. Some items will go up for sale that he doesn't want anymore. I hope DH is ready to help purge things in the cellar and garage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just loaded up the van with 80 shoeboxes, 20 cases of valentines, 4 boxes of fillers and 441 pencil packs....the van is packed full but my living room is empty....doing the happy dance.....drop is tomorrow morning.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just loaded up the van with 80 shoeboxes, 20 cases of valentines, 4 boxes of fillers and 441 pencil packs....the van is packed full but my living room is empty....doing the happy dance.....drop is tomorrow morning.....
    wow you are a blessing to others!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peg, you are AMAZING!! I have a couple of bags of crosses I made from plastic canvas and need to call and see if someone can pick them up as I have no way to get them there. Yes, there's a city bus but with our COVID numbers having doubled in the past 2 1/2 weeks, there is "no way" that I'm riding that, ya know?!

Have an awesome day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wouldn't go on a city bus at this time either....I only go to the doctors and have lab work done....that's it for me....hopefully by spring we will have a vaccine.....I hope someone can pick up your crosses.....they will go great in boxes....I love seeing what others put in their boxes....this year I was heavy on clothes since I was able to get new clothes for almost nothing.....

I started collecting for next year boxes....family sent me 104 dozen pencils yesterday....more are arriving tomorrow.....I need to get Christmas out of the way, start redoing my guest room, and find a place to store my OCC stuff....it can take over quickly....so much for decluttering....lol

Sun is shining and it's beautiful....
    Stay safe...stay healthy....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Peg,

Well - I called this past week to see if someone could pick the crosses up (I called two different churches) and in the past, this was always the week that I'd call but this year, they told me that the boxes have already been packed so it looks like I'll have them here for another whole year or close to it anyways. Darn! I called two of the churches in our small city (which only has a population of between 5 and 6 thousand) but they had both packed boxes early and were taking them this week to the drop off place.

They did mention that next year, it'd be best to call them sometime the middle of October as that is when they pack the boxes. I know that it used to be around "this" week though because that's always when I dropped them off before. Oh well, they don't take up much room so it's no biggie to go ahead and keep them I guess. lol

That's awesome that you've already got a start on next years boxes. I hope you get your room re-done and are able to find a place to keep it all. Have a great day and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family!

P.S. Our COVID numbers in our city was pretty low until recently and the day that I wrote the post about not wanting to ride the bus - we had a total of 74 confirmed cases with 18 probable and today it is up to 133 confirmed with 23 probable. My best friends husband is a nurse and got it and he's been in the hospital for 4-5 days in ICU on high oxygen and last night the transferred him to another local hospital where they have a pulmonary doctor on staff and they are talking about if he gets any worse, to put him on a ventilator. Scary!

I wouldn't go on a city bus at this time either....I only go to the doctors and have lab work done....that's it for me....hopefully by spring we will have a vaccine.....I hope someone can pick up your crosses.....they will go great in boxes....I love seeing what others put in their boxes....this year I was heavy on clothes since I was able to get new clothes for almost nothing.....

I started collecting for next year boxes....family sent me 104 dozen pencils yesterday....more are arriving tomorrow.....I need to get Christmas out of the way, start redoing my guest room, and find a place to store my OCC stuff....it can take over quickly....so much for decluttering....lol

Sun is shining and it's beautiful....
    Stay safe...stay healthy....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am trying to declutter and then my mom says to my kids hey you want this and that. she doesn't ask me cus she knows what I say. so time for a new thrift store box.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DS1 moved most of his things out of the house and gave me a stack of clothing. I'll wear some and put rest on ebay or donate. There are empty boxes that he doesn't want, so in the trash they go.

Peg & Scarlett- Your time and donations are extremely generous. Scarlett, maybe you can send Peg the crosses to add to the shoeboxes or find a Christmas Child donation in the area to give them to? Maybe there are other ministries at churches that can use them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rujerro,

That is a fantastic idea, however I believe that hers are already been sent for this year and even if not, I have no way to the post office to mail anything. As for regular letters and such, I can mail them here in the building I live in but wouldn't be able to do that with a package due to having to have it weighed for correct postage before sending. Other than that though, I love the idea!

As for making crosses for the shoeboxes, I love making them ... it relaxes me when I work on them and too, I love the thought that it'll go to someone and hopefully make them happy.

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    DS1 moved most of his things out of the house and gave me a stack of clothing. I'll wear some and put rest on ebay or donate. There are empty boxes that he doesn't want, so in the trash they go.

Peg & Scarlett- Your time and donations are extremely generous. Scarlett, maybe you can send Peg the crosses to add to the shoeboxes or find a Christmas Child donation in the area to give them to? Maybe there are other ministries at churches that can use them.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast