2020 House Purge / Declutter Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am putting out stuff a little every night.....most of the times it's gone.....I did put out two lamp shades last night brand new but no one wanted them....they were meant for a hanging light and wouldn't work for a table lamp.....got it for two lamps I got with no shades but still no shades....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday I sent a package to ds. Years ago he bought a car stereo and steering wheel for a car. Took them out when he sold it. We sent those to him. Also gave other ds his steering wheel. Gave dgd a box of hotwheels I collected from the year she was born. Didn't know if we were having a boy or girl. My boys loved hotwheels, so I collected for the baby. She loves hotwheels. Nice to see a few small empty holes the in the basement.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have also had good luck putting items on the sidewalk with a "free" sign. Nextdoor.com also lets you post pictures of stuff for sale and giving away. I think you communicate by message or email when someone wants it. County here asked people to minimize trash generated. They also stopped yard waste pickup and glass recycling for now. That's really a nuisance for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I purged the filing cabinet of old taxes/mortgages/appliance manuals, etc..Took 4 hours start to finish.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I put three boxes out to the curb and someone came and picked up two...got up in morning and someone had picked up the last one. That was easy....now to weed out my books.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

peg - right now people will probably appreciate a "free library" at your curb.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just put out two bags of DVDs, audio book CDs, and a couple of books out in the garbage area in my complex. I've been meaning to get these out for some time *cough*far too long*cough*. I do need to get a lot of decluttering in my apartment. Sigh.

I think the next thing that I need to get out are shoes I haven't used in far too long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a box of free books, comics, etc couple of 3d wood puzzles that dh got out of his office went and a comic but that is it. dh said probably because people think they are covered with the virus. sits in the sun all day but after a week just don't bother putting them out now. have piles downstairs for different people and places when this is all over. dh was asking if the dump was open. normally we have a dump run every spring. think it is since no one has to touch the stuff

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been doing a bit of decluttering. I went through 2 bags of clothing and some went up for sale or will be donated. The rest went back into my closet as I need them for this cold weather. I originally bagged them for the home appraiser visit!
    I tossed about 8 magazines since the gyms are closed.
    I was able to toss 6 empty boxes that took up space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

cleaned out the makeup box and nail polish ..threw away old stuff plus some old perfume. new stuff I didn't need I have for my friend to see if she wants it. gave some books to my mom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm decluttering by bits and pieces. It's not really a concentrated effort by any means. Mostly just a case of "oh, that's old" or "I'm not using or haven't used that in years" and tossing it out. It's definitely not noticeable at this point. I hope to make this a habit going forward once things return to 'normal'.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am doing a little decluttering along some things will be giving away later some old dish towels put in basket for rags to clean up things i don't want use good one for.Some of the old bath and hand towels may be cut up and hemmed for wash cloth.Still waiting for warmer weather to go though closet decide what i will get rid of.
    Goals for 2020
    1-No spend day
    2- No eating out days
    3-getting rid clutter
    4-menu
    5-stockpiling
    6-Grocery budget

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been going through totes in the basement. I have a few piles of sell/donate. Lots of empty boxes (sigh) and DH tools. I have put items up for sale and did ok so far. I have sold a paper shredder, flashlight, cup/straw set, coffee table, runner rug, and mixer.

I gave away a box full of beauty items and threw out papers and mismatched socks.

I still have a lot of totes to get through. I'm having a tough time deciding about photos. So many and I'm sure the kids don't want them. Heck, they give me their old school ID's to keep!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took a lot of stuff when my uncle passed away a few years ago. I think it time to go through it and get rid of it. I think there is a box of white/off white yarn from my aunt. I thought I had given everything away, but found that. Need to go through the stuff on the shelves in the basement. It got out of hand. May need to just throw some if it out. I have a tub of table cloths from ds' wedding. Those need to go. They are too big for anything here. There are a couple of things I may keep, but I'm thinking I could donate it to church. They fit the tables there. I also have some drink dispensers. Maybe I could try to sell those or find someone with a wedding to give them to. It's time to let them go. I don't plan to have any big shindigs to use them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the church hall that we did fil memorial service in had round tables not nice tops. with no tablecloths to fit so I bought some in the colours that matched the hall. since his service was after xmas on his bday in jan.. got deals in bed bath and beyond on damask ones not enough for all but got 2 colours that went together gold and burgundy cheap. gave them to the church after. they have always been lovely to us and what were we going to do with them. They have used them since. It was one of those things that wasn't important enough for them to buy but they appreciated them after. So I think the church will love getting them.

got mags and a puzzle i had bought her to the neighbours, cleaned out shirt drawer and got rid of about 8 or so. good condition just not going wear them too much so give away.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast