2020 House Purge / Declutter Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

someone took the rolling office chair that sat outside got ds to take his outgrown sparring gear to his martial art place since they were there. one bag out of the basement.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

box of books for co leader classroom. added a kids theatre thing and couple of blow up mini toys like from carnivals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of empty amazon boxes and boxes from things we bought. We always keep the boxes for a little while, in case we have to return the item. Old shoes where the soles have turned hard and slick. I don't know why I keep things.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husband had a job to do and was gone for three hours so I got the guest room cleaned. rearranged everything and got the bed made up...you can actually walk around the bed....have a box of stuff for donation. Hope to get to the country and my friends in a few weeks so I can take her the boxes of books......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I reorganized some furniture and now have a small, empty dresser. Got rid of some beauty products and old paper and magazines.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We decided it's time to give the cozy coupe to the grandbabies. The youngest doesn't come over much, but she loves the car. Might as well let her have it. Something out of the house. I also have some dishes that were a wedding gift to ds, but they've been here 3 years and now they are divorced, so I'll find them a new home. Also some yarn. I thought I gave it all away, but found a big box. I'm sure some ladies at church would love to have it.

I'd really like to start going through ds' things again and get rid of most of it. I know there are a few things he'd want to keep, but most of it is t-shirts and pants that he hasn't worn in 6 years. Time for it to go. He does go through it when he come to visit and sometimes takes a few things. I found a tub of his clothes in the basement. I think I was going to wash them, but don't remember why they are there. So much stuff. I also need to find some of the wedding things they left behind too and get rid of them before he comes back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Started organizing the stockpile last night. Threw out some expired cans stashed in the back. I know there is more. I told dh we weren't going to buy cases of stuff just in case. I'll buy a few cans of certain things, and lots of the things I know we'll use. It's been an eye opener to see what we really use. I'm sure I'll come across more expired food and more junk that got stashed because we might use it one day.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Jetts, I went through that last year. Tossed a lot of stuff that never got eaten, or got lost behind stuff. Trying to avoid that again. Canned stuff not so bad as nuts and grains. Had to toss oatmeal, flour, chips, crackers, etc that went rancid.

Saw yesterday that some area thrift shops are open again, so I will be unloading some boxes of books and stuff from the basement.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gave some more kitchen stuff to my young friend....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll be finishing going through the basement boxes next week as I'm on vacation. Not going anywhere, so the purging will get done and I hope to donate rather than have a garage sale. I'll list items online and then call to donate if they don't sell.

Registered User MakeADollarHollar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have two areas I need to tend to.

After losing so much weight last year and through last winter none of my summer clothes fit me and none of the stores have been open to get anything new (heartbreaking because I was REALLY looking forward to a new slimmer wardrobe!!). Even Amazon Wardrobe is pretty slim right now and not carrying anything I like. I started going through all my summer clothes a couple months ago and have them boxed and tagged to take to a seamstress to see if she can alter them. They are all stacked in the corner of the bedroom. I need to go through those boxes again and call her to see if she is open and can get me in for some fittings.

Second area is our home office. I'm still working from home but am set up in the living room (never expected to be home so long!). Last winter I went through the previous winter's clothes and from one year to the next nothing fit so I bought the bare minimum to hold me over. All those clothes are boxed up in our office against the wall and I need to see what I want to keep / have altered (if anything) and what I want to take to Goodwill. Husband also has some clothes down there he needs to decide what to do with. Next I need to tackle the office closet. It's all organized but full of random stuff that we don't need or use anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went through about 40 totes/boxes in the basement to see what was in them. I figured it out and labelled them with family names. At least half are the kids' and 1/4 is DH and 1/4 is mine. DH has collectibles/books from 30+ years ago and mine are mostly my parent's things. I have a section ready for donate/sale and a big section of empty boxes. Before I do anything, I'll ask if the donate pile is ready to go....See if you want any of it and then I'll call the pick-up people......They are not enthusiastic about this at all!

I also cleared out my dresser and looked through the linen closet and 2 hope chests. Apparently, I cleaned those out a while ago! Ha! They were pretty empty.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol they never are ! decluttered nightstands and couple of drawers in the bedroom when we rearranged. garbage bag full to can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was a beautiful day yesterday so we took the seven hour round trip to country and dropped off seven or eight boxes of books at my friends....visited a couple hours and drove home....was a nice day......felt good to get out......I went to the restroom at Buckees...wore my mask, touched nothing and danced with the people trying to stay six feet away....we walked in and walked out....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A number of years back I was buying totes like crazy to organize and store stuff. I had a light bulb moment when I decided enough was enough no more totes. Recently I emptied two totes but now they are full again, but I'm not buying any more. I got new flooring in two rooms earlier this year and had to move everything out. Not everything went back in however. I am now left with to the master bedroom closet to empty and sort. I know I have a lot of clothing that should be donated or tossed. I'm a prepper so always want to be sure I have "enough" should the SHTF and I not be able to buy replacements, but there are (or need to be) limits!!

I have three adult kids and at some point I told each of them to come and get their stuff or I was getting rid of it. Youngest dd moved and stored stuff here, but its been here way too long so she's going to get that message again soon. Dd#1 has a large scrapbook here that she told me to get rid of, but I hesitate to do so since it has her high school, college and years as a nanny stuff that she might regret losing. I should dismantle the scrapbook, box up her memories and mail them to her.

My largest much postponed sorting out are boxes and boxes of pictures. I know I need to go through them and either make sure they are identified on the back or throw them away. I started to do that but have so many of ds who everyone hates and I can't bear to throw them away even though I know my dd's will do so when I'm gone. I inherited several scrapbooks of pictures from my mother-in-law. I went through them and asked my dh who the people were and often he had no clue. He's since passed away so there is no one left to identify them so I eventually tossed them. I offered the scrapbooks to my brother-in-law but he wasn't interested because he didn't have a clue either. One find was a picture of dh's grandfather with his first wife that I sent to a cousin that was a descendent of them. I got the nicest letter back saying he'd seen pictures of his grandmother but never owned one and was so happy to have it. I have a collection of pictures of four of dh's cousins who are all now deceased that I'd like to send to their children, but do not know any of them. I hate to discard them because I feel they might be greatly appreciated by their descendants. Which is why that project never seems to get off the ground!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast