2020 House Purge / Declutter Challenge - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Local vets coming for a pick-up.I have bags of clothes/misc/books/hangers to give them. Not sure it will make a dent, though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The dumpster is gone. We had 4 overflowing pickup loads. My brother in law didn't get as much cleaned out as he hoped. I think he needs help. Next time he gets a dumpster we'll help him. I think he's telling the siblings that if there is anything they want out of the two houses, they'd better come get it now. Next dumpster, he said it's all going. We still have a lot to go through. Saw a lot on the shelves we didn't get to that can just go in the trash. Old camp chairs that are broken. Don't know why we kept those. Coolers and drink coolers we don't use anymore. I'll offer them to people at church first. Wedding supplies. Stuff I thought I'd loan out to my nieces/nephews for their weddings. That's done. Not happening. Found a box of yarn from my aunt. It's really old. I thought a lady from church took all of it, but I found another box. It's all white/off white. I think she used it to tie quilts. It feels good to get rid of things and make the house more user friendly. Cleaned out the front closet. Old ball caps that the plastic is broken. I don't know why we still have them. Hoods from old coats. Now there is room to store hand soap, paper towels, kleenex upstairs instead of having to go down and get it everytime.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by jettsmom View Post
    The dumpster is gone. We had 4 overflowing pickup loads. My brother in law didn't get as much cleaned out as he hoped. I think he needs help. Next time he gets a dumpster we'll help him. I think he's telling the siblings that if there is anything they want out of the two houses, they'd better come get it now. Next dumpster, he said it's all going. We still have a lot to go through. Saw a lot on the shelves we didn't get to that can just go in the trash. Old camp chairs that are broken. Don't know why we kept those. Coolers and drink coolers we don't use anymore. I'll offer them to people at church first. Wedding supplies. Stuff I thought I'd loan out to my nieces/nephews for their weddings. That's done. Not happening. Found a box of yarn from my aunt. It's really old. I thought a lady from church took all of it, but I found another box. It's all white/off white. I think she used it to tie quilts. It feels good to get rid of things and make the house more user friendly. Cleaned out the front closet. Old ball caps that the plastic is broken. I don't know why we still have them. Hoods from old coats. Now there is room to store hand soap, paper towels, kleenex upstairs instead of having to go down and get it everytime.
    way to go! does it work putting stuff out front w a free sign where you live? to get rid of things ? or craigslist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I consolidated 1 box of fabric into other boxes, down to 6 boxes and a big plastic tote. Threw the empty box in hubby's shop for him to use. He keeps buying boxes. The charity I used before is still not picking up but I see Goodwill will accept donations so I can try delivering a small load - have CDs and glassware to get rid of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha - sometimes setting things out works. We set out a dog crate and it was gone the next day. We've done that with a few other things too. Ds' took the hose his uncle was getting rid of.

I think I've found a home for a lot of things. We have coolers and ds wants them. His wife wants the nicer drink servers too. Gave them some extra toilet paper. I bought whatever I could find when there was a shortage. I can't use it. Too rough on the behind. I'm going to make them a lego table out of an end table I got when my uncle passed away. That will be a Christmas present.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good you are finding homes! yes good tp is a must! I don't need the fanciest but not scratchy. Here if you leave anything out with no fence..will be stolen. some things took a bit like really old bike or rolling chair but they disappeared in a few days. the chair actually got moved more in the yard and then disappeared.

lego table will be great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last week, I donated many bags and boxes of clothing/hangers/toys/books/misc.
    I have one big box left of misc/books/school supplies/clothes. I wanted to mail them off but the shipping would be $45 ! So, I'll gt the donation truck out. I hope they want the Christmas tree as it's in a fabric zip-bag but it is a heavy bag! They may not take it but we'll see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For the past year when ever I came across something to get rid of I put it in the basement to donate to the rescue shelter's yearly garage sale. Well that is not going to happen this year, so I put it in the car to take to S.A. tomorrow. I had a never used outdoor dog bed, the one that has metal legs and a mesh top and since it didn't fit in the car with all of the other stuff, I put it down by the road with a free sign on it. Normally things get picked up pretty quick but this did not. I wonder it people didn't know what it was? I will take it to the shelter next week when I am there to pick up dog food for foster dog.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I packed up some cereal bowls I found and we never use....my young friend said she would like them...
    Grandsons came by last night and took boxes of food and clothes soap.....
    Have lots of books I will be getting rid of as grandson will take one of my bookcases....he said his new apartment is huge and now he has room for it....I have two bookcases but not sure I can do without any bookcases....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got rid of the coolers and some tents. Throwing out the old camp chairs. Most are broken. Dh found old shelves, those are going in the dumpster. I have a couple of tubs of blankets and sleeping bags. They've been in the back corner of the garage for 10-20 years. Going to take them to the DAV. I kept going back and forth with the blankets and then said just donate them. Dh has a tub of junk he needs to go through. Ds wants extra tools. Most of the tubs is odds and ends. Did find a bag of connectors from home depot, still in the bag. I'll take them back for store credit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took boxes to Goodwill, don't think I like their intake process, people put stuff into huge boxes under supervision. Glassware will probably end up broken IMO. I'll look for another place to donate to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I sold some electronics this past month. My desktop is now organized and I have a lot of extra space in my home office.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last week when I went to S.A. to drop off my donations I found out that they are closed. Had to unload the car and carry it all back downstairs. Sigh, I so liked the look of my basement without all that stuff there.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that sucks! thankful that value village is open. put the two bags in the trunk to take there. some clothes, games, stuff cleared out of the kitchen.. like apparently I had a starfrit grapefruit sectioner... must have been from mil from her place. too big for oranges etc. so a little out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know it's not much but every little bit helps, right? Anyways, the other day I went through a box of pens I had and was able to get rid of about a dozen of them. Ones I didn't like the way they wrote or a couple skipped when writing, etc. ... I got rid of.

Also I was able in the past 2 weeks to go through close to 30 magazines - I took the things I wanted out of them and then tossed them out (though if I only took one or two small things out of the magazines, I did save them and put them out on the shelf by our mailboxes so if anyone wants them - they can take what's there.)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast