Declutter challenge-anyone game? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did the declutter thing yesterday. I went through all my files and drawers in my work area. I had so much stuff that had just accumalated on my computer desks it wasn't even funny. I wound up throwing away a big black garbage bag full of stuff.

Tomorrow is the laundry/storage room. I have boxes in there that haven't been unpacked in 3 years!!! Think they can go?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am also decluttering and trying to downsize from a huge 3 bedroom apt to a much smaller one bedroom apt because I have to move within the next couple months and it's better to go through everything before hand. So far I have gotten rid of 8 bags of misc items to a friend who had a yard sale, cleaned out my file cabinet & gotten rid of 2 bags of old papers & magazines. The hardest room for me is my craft room, I know I won't use at least half of what I have in there I just have so much, most of my craft supplies were my mothers & I lost her 2 yrs. next month
    I do like the feeling of having less stuff to pack & move & saving space for other things I now have room for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did more decluttering today! (Mind you, I have been a life time slob so cleaning is something that I usually avoid like the plague!)

I got rid of a while black garbage bag of stuff.

Tons of old art project that my daughter had stashed all over her "art" room.

Cleaned off the bookshelves in there too. Got rid of tons of happy meal toys that found their way onto the shelves and got rid of some really old and useless books.

I am not sure what else was in there, but, WOW, it filled a whole trashbags worth!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I decluttered some stuffed animals (shhh, don't tell DD's!), about 15 belts from their closet that haven't fit them in about 8 years, 4 pairs of shoes that no longer fit, and a bunch of baby stuff that is just "odd". It was a trash bag full, and I am FREE of it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sitting here reading your list of things you are throwing away. I keep thinking, "but you can sell that stuff" or "but it may be worth lots of money some day".

Okay, that kind of thinking is how I got in this mess!.

I have been decluttering for a few weeks, just not posting. I have even made a trip to our town dump. That was an experience. lol

I really need to have a yard sale before I throw a lot of stuff away or give it away. I can't right now cause no one wants to shop when it is 100 degrees before noon.

I may just pray for a nice weekend and go for it so I can speed this up. I could use the money too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bumping up for newbies!

This week I have been gathering items to get rid of. I took one load of clothes to the consignment shop. I have about 60 more items to go, they need to be pressed, plus a few baby items. My baby swing I am donating to our church. I have a box of books to mark "free" and leave at church for others to take as they wish. I have 1 maternity top to give away to a pregnant friend. I have many boxes of books to be listed on eBay. They are mostly cookbooks, and will sell well for Christmas. If we could just get DH shed in some kind of order......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just wanted to post that I had decluttered my kitchen cabinets they were way past due for it!

I had breast pump stuff in there, china i didn't like anymore (that i bought at a thrift store for REALLY cheap) I threw a lot of stuff away that I didn't want to deal with and that were just painfull to clean..I put some things in storage, like the hundred extra bottles we don't use!

Now that room is being better served by storing overflow pantry items and glasses that can now look pretty without being stuffed aroudn a bunch of junk
    Also..I just now decluttered my favorites list on my computer
    It really helped!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OK, I am gonna get started with decluttering today! FH and I will be moving soon and the LAST thing I want to do is drag all of our trash along with us. I have tons of clothes to get rid of, along with some games, stuffed animals and books that need to go. I will post a more detailed list when I am done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've started a lil decluttering myself.We painted our living room this past weekend and while moving things out of the way..I decided I no longer wanted them.I threw somethings out and listed ALL my precious moments on ebay I hate to sell them,but I haven't bought any in over 2 years (since I became cheap LOL) and they're a PAIN in the TUSH to clean!!! Plus they don't match my primitive/country decor.....

Next task will be our bedroom and then the kids

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123