Kitchen - Day 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen - Day 2

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Kitchen - Day 2

*I'm posting this tonight, but you don't have to read it until the morning*

Pantry and Fridge

Okay, today (actually, I’m giving you until next Monday to get this done. There is no way I can get this done until the weekend and I can’t ask you to do something that I’m not doing!) we are cleaning out and organizing the fridge and the pantry.

The principle is the same for both places. First, you need to empty it out and wipe it down. You don’t have to get out a soapy bucket of water and scrub it down (unless, of course, you actually enjoy doing that sort of thing.) I was thinking more in terms of a wet paper towel and just wiping it down…you know…getting that jelly that has hardened on the shelf or the barely visible milk ring beneath the milk jug.

Once you’ve wiped it down, start to reload. I create little categorical spaces for everything. Leftovers in one spot, dairy in another, veggies and fruits to their appropriate drawers, etc. Anything that is close to expiration, please put near the front. You don’t want it to rot in the back. NOT FRUGAL. Anything that is questionable…toss it. If you aren’t even sure what something is…OUT IT GOES! If you have to unwrap something to figure out what it is, BUH-BYE! And next time, let’s remember to label if it’s not in a see-through container.

In the pantry, try to find a way to create levels. I like to use old shoeboxes to stack cans and boxes in the back. That way you can always see what you have on hand and you won’t accidentally buy more of something you already have. It also makes it so much easier when you are cooking to find something quickly. You may also want to arrange your shelves by category. Baking stuff on one shelf, breakfast stuff on another, canned goods on another, etc.

I would absolutely LOVE if people would be willing to take and share pictures of their organized pantries and refrigerators. I’ll also be posting some pantry/fridge organization articles throughout the next few days.

Oh, and just so you don’t think you are off the hook if you get this all done today, we will, of course be having some mini-assignments over the course of the next few days…you know…just to keep us in the habit of decluttering and organizing.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like this challenge........My kitchen needs some serious help.......... Between you and Sara, my kitchen is going to wow even me..........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

MIne's already done!! nah- nah! I did it yesterday - but I will be looking forward to tips on how to possibly redo it and make it even more efficient!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh bite me Kimmee..............

How long will it take you to get here and help with mine.............

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well - if I left now - wait I have to feed the sheep... then I could walk to...ah, forget it - you're on your own woman!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL..........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is great because my top shelf in my food cabinet I cannot reach so as I was reading this I decided that I'm going to rearrange some things that are in food cabinet & pantry so that I can reach the things I use more regularly.
    Thanks Amy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did my fridge last week, but there are some leftovers that need to go before they sprout legs and leave on their own. I did the coffee cabinet this morning, cleaned and purged,. Now I can actually find a coffee mug and filter without things hitting me on the head.

The pantry, well, I'll work on that on Friday. I am taking today off!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Done with fridge. I need to tackle the pantry. It's a good time for me to do it because I'm due to go food shopping, so there is less in there now than there will be this weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Fridge is done (I did this last night since today is trash day)

Pantry will require some organizing but no tossing. Will get to that later today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will get this one done over the weekend and it really needs to be done! I shudder to think of what's living in the produce drawer of my refrigerator

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I keep some little, squarish, neon stickers that I got at WalMart near the fridge. When I pack up leftovers to go in I write the date, ie. "5" for today, and stck it on.

Now I know how long things have been hanging out in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pantry is done (something I keep up with every time I make purchases).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My pantry is done & it's so much easier to reach the things I use most & the top shelf in my cupboard is too high to reach & I'm not allowed to climb on my ladder anymore due to health problems & it isn't that big so now there is only my {3} big boxes of cereal & 1 bag of tortilla chips for nachos up there & that's all that fits.
    The pantry is divided into 2 parts, on one side I have baking supplies & the other is other misc. items that we usually all have in there. I also tossed a bag of 3 boxe of brown sugar, bottle of syrup, 2 big canisters of gravy that I've had for too many YEARS
    The fridge is always organized {never much in there} so it's easier to keep clean.
    The freezer is full & I organized it not too long ago so I know what's all in there.
    Everything in the inside looks so nice & better organized now

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great job, ladies! Remember, if you haven't done this yet, you have until Monday. There's nothing like a neat, organized pantry and fridge. Makes you realize how much you actually have that you never use! Now, let's start using it before we buy more!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast