Gift Closet challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This sounds like a great challenge. I have *never* had a gift closet LOL. I did buy 3 gifts already. I got 2 picture frames and a wallet for 1.50 - retail value before the sale 28.00.

I also have one nephew to buy for.

We only do for children in our extended family. So that takes care of them.

Now for our children. We also set a $ amount and I will need to start looking for them.

What a great idea!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OK-- I got 2 "Amazing Grace" bears in the mail today- clearance buy. . . these are going in the gift box for either birthdays or Christmas gifts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I picked up (off hsn.com)2 gormet icecream sandwich makers for 6.48 a pice shipped.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am terribly behind on stocking my gift closet. I guess it's good that I have not been shopping since Christmas but then I've missed some good chances to buy things as well. Hopefully I get started restocking soon.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Added 2 saphire and diamond necklace/earing sets -- I got them from Bosco's at a DEEP discount. Will give them to ds's girlfriends for Christmas or birthdays.

Ordered a 3rd set, will be for dd's 16th birthday this fall.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in - I've always wanted to start a gift closet, but it never happens...
    I did buy tree ornaments for each of my kids on clearance after Christmas, and some cute Santa votive candle holders that will all go in the closet
    I just need to find a way to store it
    I also make alot of gifts (candy and cookies) so buying storage containers ahead of time will also be a goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, I blew it so badly today. I have been planning on picking up some of the Betty Crocker scented candles. They are about $2 at our local Giant Tiger. I figured picking up one each pay day would be a great way to stock up as they make really good hostess or thank you gifts.

So I got one, got it home, took it out of the bag and was so curious (Chocolate Chip Cookie scent) that I lit it

I'm never gonna get my gift closet stocked this way

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally have something in my gift closet. From the Dollar Tree I got 3 of these little lip gloss things that look like a flower and you can fold the petals together. Very cute. From Claire's I go 4 feather boa pony tail holders, 2 double ended lip glosses, 2 sparkle shower gels, 2 sparkle lotions, 1 pair hair sticks (look like chopsticks to me), 2 rings, 1 bracelet, 2 pair earrings, 1 toe ring, 3 necklaces and a pack of 6 headwraps/hairbands . Grand total for all this including the Dollar Tree items was...... $8.00. I hit the jackpot this time! Best part of all is that every item looks nice even though they were on clearance or in grab bags.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in....
    I still have a stash, but always on the lookout.......
    I still have some 120 piece Roseart art sets I bought about 4 years ago. They were .25 cents each at Target and I bought about 30 of them..... I have used many of them for birthdays, party prizes and Christmas gifts...... Yesterday I bought 3 each...
    Gameboy chargers and charger battery sets, 3 gameboy carrying cases, and 3 gameboy desk organizers..... dd and her 2 bffs are getting them for Graduation gifts....... I have all my Valentines for Teachers already. I bought some really pretty picture frames at Walmart for .05 cents and got about 10 of them....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How is everyone doing on this?

I picked up this adorable lip gloss set last week. It looks like a fancy victorian dressing table but when you open the drawers they have lip gloss. It's so cute. I got it at Claire's for .50

I also picked up a small cute note pad of construction paper. However, Ryan found that and begged for it until I gave in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for bumping this up- I hadn't noticed it before.

I have put away things for next Easter that I got on sale this year after Easter. I got some great plastic eggs to use in DH's and DD's Easter baskets next year, as well as a couple other little things. I also have chalk shaped like eggs and chicks for my nieces and nephews for next year.

I don't really remember what else is in there right now- I know there are some baby gifts, and I bought a pair of slippers and two stuffed animals for my friend's baby for next Christmas. I suspect I must have some other things put away in there, but I will have to check to be sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is the first time I have seen this thread. I am a nut when it comes to doing this I have stuff stashed in a few different places. I was just thinking yesterday that I need to look and see what I am going to put in the boy's teacher gift bags for the end of the school year. I think I need to do inventory. I am gonna make a list of attic findings when we clean it out. I can't lift the boxes so I can't do it without DH's help

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/5....

All I have so far is a book I plan to give my friend for her bday this summer. One of dh's clients gave him The Power of a Praying Woman to give to me, but I already have it so I set it aside for her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmm, I have a few things in mine.
    3 large jigsaw puzzles, set of patio umbrella lights, picture frame,
    sweatshirt,set that includes pic frame & stationary, journal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did everyone use your gifts up?

What do you have for next year?

I have so much stuff I have to rearrange my gift cupboard. It is going to be an inexpensive gift year for me!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast