On to the Office! Day #1
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation On to the Office! Day #1

Okay! Out of the bedroom and into the office we go! (and if you are wondering...no, there is no rhyme or reason to the order of the rooms we are doing. I am not doing kids bedrooms or guest bedrooms right now because I don't want us to get bedroomed out.)

Surprisingly, our first assignment in the office takes out out of the office and through the whole house, then back to the office again.

I want you to get some sort of a box, basket, or even bag, if you have nothing else. I want you to go through your entire home...yes, your WHOLE home. I want you to pick up every single piece of paper you find. EVERY SINGLE ONE. When you have searched every nook and cranny, I want you to bring that container back to the office. (Of course, I want you to pick up all the paper in the office as well.)

Next, I want you to dump it all out and go through it. The only thing I want you to do with this huge pile of papers is to identify the trash. Touch each piece of paper. Pick it up. Look at it. Make a quick decision. If it is junk, throw it out. (Have a garbage can handy...once you toss it in there, it is unlikely you will have second thoughts about keeping it.) Everything else goes back in the bag.

Obviously, we will be doing more with this box of papers tomorrow, but for now, thinning out the garbage from the important stuff will make a world of difference!

I'm going to do this in steps. Tomorrow morning, I'll be collecting the papers. When I get home from work, I'll be going through and tossing out the junk.

Okay, hop to it!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Will have to do this tomorrow, have a seminar 2 1/2 hours from home, will be gone until 8:00 tonight. Will get right on it tomorrow morning!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

All my papers (excluding some mail) is currently in a laundry basket. I'll be making my way through it. The problem is I'm not sure where to put it once I've gone through it. I should haul in the file cabinet and file it.

Papers are my weakness. I jot down little notes constantly and save papers all the time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll be working on this tonight after DS is snoring. We have notebooks in the living room (that's where his homeschool desk is) should I gather these as well?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok Done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great! I was able to collect all of my papers up, but will have to organize over the weekend.

Sara, don't worry, we'll be filing and organizing in a bit!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

For the most part I think that I am done... I have to double check the bedroom, but that is it... Thanks again Amy....
    Bonnie mom to

DD Roari 23 who now has her Masters in Social Work!
    DS Craig 21 who is now looking for a good paying job
    DS Jared 20 who is now also looking for the allusive job
    DD Valory 14 who is now a freshman

Lord help me, I have 1 teenagers THREE ADULT KIDS !!!

Married to Lyndell for 24 years.

Avatar courtesy of me... Iris' I planted in my front yard a few years ago...[/FONT]

2014 Goals
    Cut down on all unnecessary things.
    Free is best.
    Get the garage completely cleaned out.
    Make the yards nice-weed, mow, plant, flowerbeds,etc.
    Stay home more/eat out less if at all.
    FIND A NEW JOB!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wish so much that I could get control of the paper monster. I save so much! I consider myself an organized person in almost every aspect, but live by these little papers. I'm not kidding that most of my life is on paper! I'm always scribbling stuff down, list of reminders, to do lists, to buy lists, etc. When we moved, I packed up these papers and put them in boxes. Those boxes are still in my garage! I still go into them for papers I need or I'd toss them out.

The sad thing is that I have storage and file cabinets. I am almost afraid to organize it. You know that old saying you cleaned and then couldn't find anything? rofl That's my fear! It's crazy!

Looking forward to the file challenge. I really want to improve this area of my life. I have always had a paper problem. lol I hope post it notes are never discontinued. lol What would I do?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have papers stashed everywhere. I need to get on it. I will be following this assignment very close.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did a little last night, but DS was NOT snoring by the time the migraine hit! I'll finish up tonight...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm smiling ear to ear cause I just did this about two weeks ago. I am so paper free around here these days it's not funny. I do have a file box that I need to weed through still so I guess now's the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Will do this later today. Won't be so hard of an assignment, because I get rid of paper soon as it comes in the mail or toss papers asap when I no longer need it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm all done!!! Papers are all picked up and filed where they need to be. I try to go thru everything as soon as it comes into the house!