Office - Day #2 - What to do with that paper!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Office - Day #2 - What to do with that paper!

Okay, so, if you followed directions, you have now collected every last bit of paper that was lying around your house. You put it into a bag or box, and then you went through and tossed everything that was trash. Everything else went back into the bag or the box.

Ready for step #2? I am! (In fact, I just did it and I'm feeling great about it!)

It's now time to go through that pile of papers one by one. I want you to divide everything up into two new piles.

Pile #1 - To File Pile
    Pile #2 - Take Action Pile

In the "To File Pile" I want you to place all paper documents that you need to keep and file away. You don't have to actually do the filing right now. Just put the appropriate papers in this pile. The informational part of bills should go in this pile, as well as any household papers, bank statements, etc.

In the "Take Action Pile" I want you to place all of the papers that you need to do something with. The payment portion of bills, papers that need to be filled out and returned to school, etc. should go in this pile.

As I said, I just did this. The two piles are sitting on my rolltop desk. If you have a little extra time and want to go ahead and do the filing now, please, go ahead. I'm going to just because I want to see if we have all of our tax documents yet. If you don't feel like filing right now, then maybe you could take the appropriate action on your action pile, or at least put things in that pile where they go. If you have a bill paying center in your home, put your bills in the bill paying center. If there are papers you need to fill out for school, do it now and put them in your childs backpack, immediately!

Or, just sit back and look at your two piles and revel in the fact that you got that far! We'll be doing the filing and acting in a day or two.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My piles aren't bill related. Mine are mostly educational catalogs, seed catalogs, Zachary's artwork, notes to myself, goalsetting lists, wishlists, phone numbers, printed recipes, torn out magazine clippings, greeting cards, tons of printed worksheets, etc.

I'm going to start putting them into folders to file later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good point, Sara. Perhaps your files don't fall into my categories. If they don't, then create your own piles. What is the most important thing, though is that these are WORKING piles...meaning, they aren't going to just sit there and create new clutter in a new way.

For example: Sara's catalogs. She can create a catalog pile, which in a sense is an action pile. She will go through the catalogs, see if there is anything she is interested in ordering and do it. If she can't order right now, then she can rip out the pages of the catalog that she is interested in and create a file labeled "To Order". She can do this with all of her catalogs and get rid of the rest of the catalog. Less mess and you now have a file with which to take action. It can go in the front of a file cabinet so every time you open the cabinet, you remember that you need to take action on it.

How are the rest of you doing?
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine are similar to Sara's piles... I have separated them and now are in the file cabinet (I have had it for almost a year). I have headings for crafts, correspondants, card, memories, etc... Then I have a box with the kids work from school in it.. I am a true pack rat....
    Bonnie mom to

DD Roari 23 who now has her Masters in Social Work!
    DS Craig 21 who is now looking for a good paying job
    DS Jared 20 who is now also looking for the allusive job
    DD Valory 14 who is now a freshman

Lord help me, I have 1 teenagers THREE ADULT KIDS !!!

Married to Lyndell for 24 years.

Avatar courtesy of me... Iris' I planted in my front yard a few years ago...[/FONT]

2014 Goals
    Cut down on all unnecessary things.
    Free is best.
    Get the garage completely cleaned out.
    Make the yards nice-weed, mow, plant, flowerbeds,etc.
    Stay home more/eat out less if at all.
    FIND A NEW JOB!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working on it today!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have an action and a file pile. For me they are working well. I also have a file for Josh's medical and disability stuff and one for the kids school stuff.

At the end of each month I have been taking all the "file"stuff and filing it under that month with my receipts and my budget spreadsheet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I have 3 piles. Actually laundry baskets, ha. The first is tax stuff. 2nd is to file bills and insurance stuff, the third is scrapbooking related.

Boy, what a headache, but I'm feeling a little better so far.

Did I mention I have 2 trash bags full of JUNK?