Organizing our Potties!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Organizing our Potties!

Bathrooms…we’ve all got ‘em. We all use ‘em. I don’t care what size your house is. We can all participate in this part of the challenge, because the bathroom is the most used room in your house, and the room that we all know the most intimately.

The first thing that I’d like you to do is to take a good look at your bathroom(s) and assess your space. How much storage do you have? Do you need more? The best way to make this assessment is to see how much stuff you’ve got sitting out. Can you envision adding more storage if necessary? Is there room on the wall to add a shelf or two? Maybe even hang a cabinet? Take a few minutes in each bathroom to consider this, especially if you have no linen closet or extra storage for bathroom paraphernalia.

Now that you’ve looked and analyzed your bathroom, we are going to take some serious time creating a bathroom where we can relax and not feel stressed. Today’s challenge is going to require quite a bit of time, so please, don’t begin until you really have the time to devote to it. If you stop halfway through, chances are, you won’t get back to it, and your space will become even messier than before.

You need to start by bringing a garbage bag/can into the bathroom with you. Then, you need to take everything that isn’t bolted down out of the bathroom. Soap, shampoo, razors, bath toys, cleaning products, etc. Empty out your medicine cabinet and any other storage you have. Wipe down the inside of everything and give the room a good cleaning. Then, once it’s all out and clean, one by one, I want you to touch every item and make a decision to keep, re-home, or toss it. I will be posting some threads with some guidelines as to how long to keep certain items and some other threads generally discussing bathroom organization.

Once you’ve purged and made all of your decisions, it’s time to put everything back. Do it in an organized manner. Group like items together. Containerize where possible: put all make up in a small box or bag, etc. If you have a few loose band-aids, but no band-aid box, get a baggie and toss them all in there, etc. Make sure everything goes back where it belongs and that all items that need to be re-homed are put where they really should be. What you should have before you is a cleaner, neater, more organized space where you will spend less time searching for things, and you can get in and out quickly and happily!

By the way…you’ve got as much time as you need on this one. Bathroom cabinets, drawers, etc, tend to be places that accumulate some of the most random clutter in the whole house!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gonna have to wait until Saturday for this one. Too tired to do it after work!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started doing this because I am on spring break this week. I have 2 bathrooms and replaced the shower curtains in both of them. The boys bathroom is clean and clutter-free! I need to remove some of the items of my countertops, but the cabinets and drawers are clean.
    ~*Michelle*~

~Wife to Rick~
    ~Mother to 3~
    ~Special Education and ESL Teacher~

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugggg. I will do this one but only for my bathroom. Mel and Ryan are on their own. LOL I was cleaning the bathrooms this weekend and realized that I am the adult female in the house and for some reason I have the smallest bathroom and it has no window. I like windows in bathrooms. I do have the whirlpool tub in mine but it's not worth the hassle of cleaning it everytime to even use it often. Oh well, looks like I will be cleaning up and decluttering the bathroom for a few days!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My bathroom is so tiny it's almost as tiny as my closet in my bedroom is but it's clean I have the rug washing now & I bought a mr. clean magic reach & love it, it makes cleaning the bathroom so much easier & it smells so good when it's done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can do this Sat. Thanks for the push Amy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well so far I've gathered all the laundry out of it and some old magazines. I'll clean it really well tomorrow or first thing Saturday morning since my mom is coming to visit for the day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got this done and didn't find anything unusual or interesting except for outdated meds and lots of old makeup and junk that had to be tossed out of the drawers. Looks clean and shiny now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I did it and I also realized that I have an obsession with beauty products! Does anyone else have this problem? I have enough lotions and potions to open a drug store. Someone, make me stop!!!!!