Spring fling mission 2-Master Bedroom/bedrooms - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pretty much finished here. I didn't get to be quite as thorough as I wanted but all the important stuff is done and it's better, so that's what counts right? We decluttered 1 huge box and several bags of stuff to donate (mostly clothes). All seasonal clothes are switched now too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh. Having a tough time. My personal bedroom is the worst. I spend lots of time helping the kids in their room. I'm weeding through everything on the floor in my room right now. I hope to get that and my glider cleared off today. That will be a huge step!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm done! Finally. I will post another thread on the unbelieveable amount that I have tossed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh.... I'm now even more behind on the Spring Fling after all the crazy hours I had to work in the last week.... my regular housework barely got done, and there was no way anything extra could be done.

So, today, I intend to start on my master bedroom closet. That will probably be an all-day project, and I'm not sure it will even get finished today as I have some other plans also. I'll just keep going at my own pace and hopefully catch up with the rest of you at some point.

The rest of you who are making lots of progress... WTG! It's inspiring to read those success stories!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, master bedroom done (had to do the bathroom too it was calling me) and 2 of the children's rooms done. I am planning to tackle the last room tomorrow!

Got 3 bags for red cross, and a bag for the thrift shop

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, all the laundry that was in baskets in everyone's rooms has been washed, dried, and put away. I also boxed up some baby blankets and old clothes in Patricks dresser so that I could make space for some new hand-me-downs and put those boxes away after labeling them. I've also gotten all of the empty nightstand cups and put them in the dishwasher and rehomed other items that didn't belong in the bedroom. Feeling a bit better.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sure I'll forget to list part of what I did yesterday, but oh well. LOL

The countertop is finally in place in the utility room so I busyed myself yesterday filling the cabinets. I moved our encyclopedia set out of the spare bedroom closet along with some 3 ring binders. One of the binders was full of science experiments and arts/crafts projects so I went through that and added more that I had and organized it as well. Lots of old papers got shredded. Some things got moved out of the master bedroom (homeschooling related stuff) and is now nicely organized in the utility room cabinets. I also moved my quilting supplies and material/fabric out of the master bedroom and now have a huge shelf just for quilting/cross stitch stuff in the cabinets. The rest of majority of my work yesterday was moving stuff around that was already in the utility room and getting it organized in the cabinets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday dh helped me and we:

washed the drapes
    Cleaned windows and sills
    Cleaned the blinds
    Cleaned nightstand
    Washed sheets
    Moved furniture around to make it easier to vaccuum under
    Encased boxspring and mattress in allergen cover
    Encased pillows in allergen covers
    Vaccuumed floors and cleaned carpets with allergen cleaner
    Put an air purifier in the room

This is helping me to deal better with my allergies. I will have to vaccuum daily to help with my cat allergy, since I have 2 cats!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took a break from master bedroom and dh and I dug into ds's room We threw away 2 trash bags full of empty boxes from assorted gobots, model kits, and other k-nex/legos building kits. Took a pile of outgrown shirts, sweatshirts, and sweaters to a friend who has 2 ds's. Filled the empty storage containers for all the building stuff (which was everywhere except inside the containers) back up and stacked them neatly. Threw away another bag full of asssorted broken pieces to stuff, papers, and 3 ziplock baggies full of dirt Bedding and curtains clean. Windows and blinds clean. Carpet swept. Room Done

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

More got moved from the bedrooms into the utility room to the cabinets and a huge shelving unit dh built........... binders, folders, page protectors, keepsakes, various homeschool stuff, etc.

I also got a little sidetracked and went through a pile of recipes I've jotted down over the years and started organizing all that to put into a binder I'm working on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123