Other Decluttering Successes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah! I can't even tell you how satisfying it is to me to hear all of this junk/trash/clutter is making it's way out of your house! Great job, ladies!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oops, I just listed one of my declutters in the wrong forum so here goes:
    I decluttered my over stuffed kitchen "junk" drawer. I found 2 nite-light bulbs ....needed these for a lamp.
    I found some buttons and measuring tape that belonged in my sewing box.
    Found some important insurance papers & bank statements that needed to be filed.

For Christmas I recieved another set of dishes so I reorganized my cabinets to make them fit in. MIL gave me another set of the same dishes a few days ago (she didnt want the set she got for Christmas) so I will need to wash those & put away still.
    At the same time, I reorganized my spice cabinet & got rid of all the past due spices. Also reorganized my recipe cabinet as well...I can find things a lot easier now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took a grocery paper bag of magazines to the recycling center.

I got all my christmas stuff organized in keepers and put away.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow you are all working so hard! Whilst I am just having a good
    old read - and if you could see the state of my desk where I am
    sitting! I don't know where all this junk has come from it was so
    tidy before Christmas I shall try to follow your examples!! later today.

I do like all these smilies be warned I not know what they mean just like the characters

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Keep going, ladies! You're doing great!

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not sure if this counts, but when I had to do my pantry stockpile menu I managed to reorganize & clean out my pantry. I got rid of all the empty boxes (major pet peeve of mine), married together the 2 boxes of the same item into one, made sure the older food was in the front and on the bottom, put the goodies/desserts up high so I really have to stop & think do I really want it bad enough to climb up the step ladder (top shelves are 9ft off the floor) lol.
    While I was at it I went through my plastic bowls and got rid of the excessive cool whip, sour cream, cottage cheese, butter tubs that I seem to collect like dustbunnies. My cupboard doors close now and I don't fear an avalanche every time I open the doors

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am again working on my upstairs and I have promised myself and my dh that this time it would get all done and not recluttered....anyway here's what I've got done so far....

Gone out:
    2 bags of papers to recycling bin
    2 cardboard drawer thingies (put on curb, gone in an hour)
    2 bags of trash
    I also have the ebay stuff that I had on consignment that didn't sell boxed up and ready to take back.

The back room is done and I am starting on the front one as soon as I get off this computer...lol...

This has really been a sore spot for me and for my dh and it feels so good to finally be getting somewhere with it....I don't know why I have such a problem with clutter....and that upstairs was a BIG problem...

I have a wooden table up there and around it I organzied my boxes and packing area (for ebay and mailing), got me a craft/sewing area, organized a scrapbooking area, sorted and organized my cards, photos, gift giving stuff. There is also a chest of drawers and a bed in there that I straightened and cleaned up. We only have two small closets down stairs so upstairs is where all my clothes/shoes are. There is a cedar built in closet and I got it all cleaned up and organized. I am going to go through my clothes again when I am done and see what I can purge (I will take pictures of the room and get them on later.)

Whew...back to work now...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You go Corneilia... You have been extemely busy... Good for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I'm late in starting the challenge, and haven't done any of the actual posted ones, I guess I'll start here!

This past week, I went through the toy boxes (one in the basement, and one in both kid's rooms). I took out 1 1/2 garbage bags to be thrown out, and 1 garbage bag full, to either sell at a garage sale if we have one, or donate if we don't. I also took out a laundry basket full of clothes from DD's room, also to be sold.
    ~Tracy~

Registered User missmollymayhem's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorted and Recycled 42 magazines Finally took the time to read and take out the articles/recipes/craft ideas I liked.

FYI:
    42 magazines= 1000000 pounds

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just (with the help of my 4 children) cleaned the entire upstairs. We got rid of 7 grocery bags full of trash & broken toys. Can someone explain to me why my kids feel the need to save every paper & box that a toy comes in? UGH!
    Everything is put in it's place, swept, mopped, vacuumed, & scrubbed. It is CLEAN!! up there!! Woot! That's 4 bedrooms, 1 toy room, 2 bathrooms, 2 hallways, and one computer/tv/book area at the top of the stairs (it's not really a room, but large at 9x12ft). I even vacuumed the stairs.

Tomorrow we tackle the downstairs...1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, living room, office, dining room, kitchen, mudroom, foyer & hallway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WOW! Everyone has been BUSY! It's so wonderful to read all of your successes!!!

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

YankeeMom, when you figure out why the kids save all that stuff, please let me know!! My kids do the exact same thing!
    ~Tracy~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just found this post, I'm so glad. I did clean out the bottom of my entry closet, still need to hit the top shelf. I have been decluttering sort of all over the place around here. I cleaned the living room,vaccumed and dusted. Dh helped me paint it. My df helped me put up border, although we ran out. So I'm on the hunt for more. (I think it might be discontinued!) I have thrown out two kitchen bags full of paper and magazines. I also found a $40.00 check from 2001. That will teach me to just throw all my papers in a pile.. I also have donated a hugh bag to Goodwill. All in all I'm learning Less is More.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oops! I meant we painted the dining room.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast