A little Help please
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy A little Help please

I have been converting a small coat closet into a pantry, I keep all my bulk pasta, rice, beans and things in a deep under cabinet shelf....it's dark, and piled with bags and sacks of bits and pieces. What is the best way to store these? should I buy containers? I need to place them in my pantry so I can see what I have. I have limited space, it's frustating when I go to fix dinner and I have to go threw and pull out and look at every bag, to find what I need. I could afford to buy a few containers, but don't want to spend too much. What do you girls use?

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What if you lined all those little bags up inside shoe boxes? Then you could pull out a box at a time and look inside each one-- sort of like pulling out drawers. The boxes could be actual shoe boxes or else those clear plastic units.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That sounds good, you could use several shoe boxes and put pasta in one, beans in one and rice, etc in another. I buy plastic bins at the dollar store and you can sometimes get storage containers at the dollar store also.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

guest7
    Tourist

I use things like pasta jars, majo jars etc. But I like the shoe box too. Shoe stores will give you a bunch for free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use recycled food jars and canning jars. If you buy any storage containers make sure they're clear, square and stackable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks ladies for all the ideas, I really don't think I have any shoe boxes ?? but the idea to seperate the different types, is a great idea. Noodles, rice , and beans would really help...I'm going to dig around and see if I can come up with some kind of boxes or something ...."Thanks for all the help".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Being unorganized makes me want to cry sometimes, but then again...funny commercials make me want to cry...

Anyway, I found some plastic shoeboxes with lids at the "Everything is a dollar" store for organizing some of my craft junk a couple of weeks ago, those would be great since the come with lids and you can stack them and also see through the sides to see what's in there.

Good luck. Give us a picture of what it looks like when you're finished.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use recycled food jars! I never throw away a jar! I'm kind of anal that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

can we start another thread...who saves & recycles jars & what do you use them for?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

who has th most jars?