How many do you have?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How many do you have?

After seeing the family on Oprah with the daughters' with way too many clothes, I decided to clean out my bedroom closet.

I easily have 50+ shirts even after filling a bag with all the clothes that don't fit. I only kept the shirts that I like and that I do wear. Of course some I don't wear very often.

As for shoes, pants, dresses, and skirts I seem to have a reasonable number 6-10 of each.

Also, I am a stay at home mom - children are 11 and 14 so I don't have a separate wardrobe for work.

How many do you have? How many do you feel are enough?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could not tell you how many shirts, blouses, skirts, jeans, capri's and PJ's I have!!! I am a clothes snob, but I get most of my stuff from thrift stores and occasionally NEW stuff!! How much is enough? Well, I think that totally depends on your personal lifestyle. I am a SAHW and I have something to wear whatever the situation calls for. I am also the first person to tell someone else that doesn't have what they are needing to come over and raid my closet!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SAHM here too; I kind of separate clothes by summer, winter, and all season.

everyday clothes:
    Summer: 2 light color knit skirts; 1 woven khaki skirt; 7 colorful t-shirt-type blouses
    Winter: 1 black knit skirt; 1 brown knit skirt; 7 turtlenecks; 4 colorful pullover sweaters
    Anytime: 2 denim skirts; 1 navy skirt; navy pullover; navy cardigan; 'raspberry' cardigan; 2 short-sleeve sweaters

Dressy: 2 straight dresses w/ overjackets; 1 black print dress; 1 spring print dress.

Grubbies: 2 pair jeans; 2 sweatshirts; 3 ratty t-shirts. I also have some grubbies for housework days.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't really have all that many clothes! I bought a pair of shorts today so that makes 2 pairs, I have about 20 shirts, 8 pair of capris, and 10 pairs of shoes. That doesn't count my scrubs for work, or work shoes.

guest7
    Tourist

Couple of pairs of jeans, a couple of skirts, a few blouses, 3 pairs of dress shoes, a couple of dresses, my funeral outfit, 3 sneakers, flip flops, work clogs, Lots of Tshirts and sweatshirts. PJs are just leftover t shirts I don't wear in public.
    I don't own much and don't keep much. I move them along as soon as they don't fit me any longer. Which, lately has been many times.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bottoms
    For everyday: 2 pr jeans, 1 pr leggings, 1 pr sweatpants
    For occassional: 1 pr black trousers, 1 black skirt, 1 denim skirt, 1 pr khaki pants

Tops
    For everyday: 7 or 8 short-sleeved knit tops and 7 or 8 long-sleeved tops (usually only short or only long are in my drawer).
    For occassional: 2 blouses, black tailored jacket
    Other: two cardigan sweaters

Dresses
    Two

Outerwear
    1 ski jacket, 1 'car coat' (hip length) with button in/out liner (works well for spring rains), 1 pr ski pants, 1 zip front sweat jacket

Work
    3 pr scrub pants, 6 scrub tops (most colors interchangeable)

Unders
    8 pr underwear, 4 bras, about 8 pr socks
    1 pr each of blue tights, black tights, flesh tights and regular thin nylons

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quite a bit, I am not sure. I did go through them and weeded out 3 trash bags full. My problem was dress clothes. I keep hanging on to them even though I hardly ever wear them. I had dresses from 20 years ago that were like brand new but so out of date that if I needed a dress I would more than likely just go out and buy something new. So out went the dresses. My second problem seems to be that I save rags just in case I need to paint or clean in them. Bad move. So out went the rags. My closet is still full and my drawers are still crammed but the good news is that we are just about to change seasons and shorts do take up less space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have very few clothes.
    2 pair of jeans I wear regularly, 2 pair yuk jeans for yard/dirty work
    a few each, long and short sleeved pullovers
    a few sleevless pullovers for summer
    5 pair of capris
    1 pair decent black pants
    3 little lightweight sweaters
    2 zip front sweaters
    1 nice Columbia jacket with zipout liner
    1 nice black leather coat with zipout liner
    1 khaki denim lightweight jacket
    a couple pair of shorts
    a set of *painting clothes*
    1 pair brown clogs
    a few pair of cheap goofy summer sandles
    1 pair brown leather sandles
    1 pair nice tennies
    1 pair yard tennies/1 pair yard clogs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I tend to collect by season too. And I shop the thrift stores. Where we live it's winter 8 months of the year, so I have a lot of winter clothes.

~ 2 dress pants
    ~ 2 casual pants
    ~ 1 pr. exercise pants
    ~ 1 pr. capris
    ~ 6 turtlenecks (all I wear in winter really)
    ~ 5 sweaters (layer with turtlenecks...need to go through these though)
    ~ 2 warm dress pullovers (for Christmas and church)
    ~ 8 summer t-shirts, but I need to go through these and toss about half of them.
    ~ 3 casual short sleeved blouses
    ~ 1 dress short sleeved blouse
    ~ 4 casual long sleeved blouses, but need sorting.
    ~ 2 dress long sleeved blouses. One sadly out of date.
    ~ 4 dresses (2 long, 2 short)
    ~ 4 skirts (1 casual, 2 work style, 1 formal)
    ~ 1 blazer
    ~ 1 nightee for summer
    ~ 1 pr. flannel pjs for fall, winter, spring
    ~ 1 pr. walking shoes
    ~ 1 pr. indoor shoes
    ~ 1 pr. dress shoes
    ~ 1 spring/fall jacket
    ~ 2 summer jackets
    ~ 1 winter parka
    ~ 1 winter wool dress coat

Thanks for pointing out the obvious...I need to sort through my closet this week.

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't even count how many shirts I have but as for jeans I have about 5 pairs, sweathshirts/light jackets about 5-6, skirts, approx. 8, capris I only have 3.

My closet is full of shirts/t-shirts but I got them all at the thrift shops and stuff AND I already de-cluttered my closet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I honestly don't have a break down - but I have 5' of hanging space in the closet, one drawer of jeans/t-shirts, and one drawer of underwear/socks/nylons. I limit myself to this space, so any time I buy something new, I throw something out to make room for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

While I've been pregnant, I went through all my clothes and I've only kept what I think I'll be able to fit into that is age-appropriate. Since I'm nearing 30, I don't want to own or wear anything that I had when I was 20.

Still, I have quite a few clothes left and I've decided that with each new outfit that I buy when I lose weight after the pregnancy, that I will get rid of an outfit from my old stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My closet was recently re-organized back in January (formal-ish clothes) however I neglected to purge/sort the dresser this will be a challenge for sure. But this thread has given me motivation for purging old clothes that I just dont and wont wear anymore. No need to keep em all for 'just cause' (cleaning/outdoor work etc) But BOY oh boy, I do love casual clothes.

Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have probably 20 or so pieces of clothing that I am not able to wear currently, but most of them I LOVE so I don't want to get rid of them. I keep thinking, "Someday..."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have as much as I use to. Last year when we moved to town i chucked what I couldnt sell, and only keep what I know what Ill use now. This week I've been putting off cleaning it out again.I really need more, especially summer stuff.Every end of season i chuck as I go,especailly out door footwear. Having three males in the house, smelly feet, old shoes yuck. All the ones i keep thats good have to have cut up pieces of softner sheets in them, even the winter ones put away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast