Let's Pretend Challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Let's Pretend Challenge

Okay, here's the challenge for this upcoming week. I'd like you to finish by next Saturday night. I want you to pretend that next Sunday, 6/18/06, a television show will be filming at your house. (No, it's not Clean Sweep or anything like that.) Let's imagine is a House Beautiful show and they want to showcase your home.

I want you to spend this week getting your house into a condition that you would be comfortable having a tv show film throughout your home. Declutter, toss, clean, etc. Show no mercy.

By Sunday, we'll share how we did and be honest about whether or not we'd allow those cameras through the front door!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking

I am in for this challenge .. it won't be really fair .. I am moving into a new place with new furniture and will bring stuff in as I can. But it will still motivate me. See you Sunday !
    EmilyD

Change/Piggy Bank Jar Challenge (I use it for my clothes allowance)
    All silver change into piggy for 1 year (Oct 2019) (Will turn in today 1/3)
    Household savings account $200.00 monthly, current bal. $900.00
    My savings: current bal. 10.00
    Pay extra on mortgage/loan/auto $50.00 @ monthly

Projects for 2020:
    # 1 New front porch
    Major declutter house
    Major declutter garage

2020 Stash Management
    2020 Frugal Challenge
    2020 House Purge / Declutter Challenge
    2020 Meal Planning Challenge
    2020 Grocery Budget Challenge $250.00 monthly
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Im totally in for this challenge! (that is, if anyone can join) I might take pics of the mess before and after... since its not nearly as bad as it used to be!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Of course anyone can join!!!

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a play room to tackle. *sigh* I'm in.

Registered User northernmom2boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Im in but could I pretend that Ty Pennington for Extreme Home Makeover was coming over,just him alone ,no shirt on? lol Is that too much to ask for

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by northernmom2boys
    Im in but could I pretend that Ty Pennington for Extreme Home Makeover was coming over,just him alone ,no shirt on? lol Is that too much to ask for
    LOL! Hey, if it motivates you, I think it should be allowed.

I'm in. I'm planning to work on the baby's room today (currently our storage room- lots of boxes of Christmas decorations to move down to the basement), which is our worst mess. DH and his friend may or may not get the furniture moved in for me by next Sunday, but, I guess I'll just pretend that the TV crew can help with that step before they start filming.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amy....I'm ready for this! (see my thread in vacations) I have been ruthless the last two weeks. Every closet is clean, every room is DONE! I remembered yesterday that I need to clean the ceiling fans though.... I will try to post some pics. My house has not been this orderly since we moved in! I feel good, and happy, and proud of my home. Come on in!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

PS Amy...I just noticed your ticker! Congratulations on your weight loss! Are you still doing WW?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cathy, I'm doing my own version of WW. No meetings, but generally following the plan. A bit more baby fat to go!

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I give up before I start. Even cleaned spotless I wouldn't let a TV crew near this place! My furniture is so shabby and old and inadequate...and it's going to take more than a week to fix that! However, you have motivated me to get back to decluttering. I've been putting off the long storage unit in the dining room. Kinda got derailed when dh told me he didn't want me to get rid of the lab equipment, lego and electronics kits... well, maybe I'll sneak the electronics kits past him...

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Jean, I think you've been doing GREAT!

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So??? How's it going, everyone??? Ready for those camera crews yet?

I'm getting there. When I get home from work, I toss a little more and put a little more away. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there!

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

okay im not good at this challenge, but i did spend 20 minutes cleaning out my office, which is the most cluttered, unwalkable room in the house! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks Amy! That's means a lot. I'm sidetracked. I decided to strip the bedroom dresser this week. It's eating up time. That and typing my Homemaker's Journal into the computer to print off for my neices. But decluttering is there. Right now my focus is catching up on housework in general. I need to do laundry today and clean the fridge. And possible vacuum if I have time and energy. If I can declutter after all that, I'll be doing good!

Jean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast