Christmas 2008 Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My January total for XMas 2008 is $57. Yay!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As you guys put away money for Christmas do you also shop sales through the year for presents?
    Kim

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I buy gifts as I go too. I count that in my totals. I have purchased cards and paper on clearance. Some webkinz at 50% off. As I find things I buy them with in the allotted budget.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeelover View Post
    As you guys put away money for Christmas do you also shop sales through the year for presents?
    Kim
    Not actively, but if I am out and about and happen to see a great deal, I will grab it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd also like to do this but a bit differently. I always shop sales & clearance even for family members & friends. I enjoy buying $80 Izod clothing for less than $20. They feel like they got a great gift (which they did! LOL) & I of course I was able to give nicely at a low cost to us. So with that said, I have already started my CHRISTmas shopping & will report here as I "cross people off my list." I'll also add who I shopped for & spent as I go along. This should be interesting, even in my own eyes. I think we got away with this past year at no more than $500 which includes Hubba & I, our 3 kids, 3 sets of parents & my brother. I baked for Hubba's work so that cut cost on an extra 6 people. We usually get 2 gifts for each adult, a handful for the kids, except my Mum who has done SOOOOOO much for us, and of course being my Mum, I shop a bunch for her, LOL.

So far:

SMIL- 1 @ $7
    MIL- 1 @ $0

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I plan to start saving for Christmas in February since I've had several birthdays to buy for. Found some excellent birthdays gifts even for the ones that are later in the year, so I'm ahead there.

My Christmas plan is to save $40 or more each month & to buy throughout the year. I've already bought my Christmas cards & several Hallmark ornaments at 75% off ($12 spent). Will add the "Christmas Challenge" in my signature to help me keep up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in on this challenge. Is it okay if I alter it a little bit? My challenge is to make all the Christmas gifts I'm gonna give. And I want to make them all year long so I'm not overwhelmed in December.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOL.. I didn't even notice my challenge got a sticky!

Today I added 4 webkinz to my gift stash. This will be for my girls and 1 of my neices. I have enough for all the little neices and my girls now~ meaning 3 "outisder" gifts are complete. WOOHOO~

I haven't added more cash to my fund because I have bought gifts outright on sale.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have 325 in my Christmas Club. I purchased 8 Christmas books for Wesley for 60% off. I also bought 5 bottles of Bath and BodyWorks handcream for 3$ a piece. I also picked up 2 picture frames...they sit on a pedastal that rotates and the part that hold pics swivel---for 2.48 a piece.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll be joining this challenge also starting with February. My plan is to save $50.00 a month plus try to buy 1-2 gift cards at $5.00-$10.00 each per month when I do my grocery shopping. The amount will depend on how much I spent on groceries for that trip and whether or not i'm under my weekly amount. I also shop all year long and pick things up when I find them super cheap. I already have all of my kids teachers gifts (including scout leaders, dance teachers, etc...) taken care of for next year thanks to some awesome deals at B&BW's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by tracyann View Post
    My plan is to save $50.00 a month plus try to buy 1-2 gift cards at $5.00-$10.00 each per month when I do my grocery shopping.
    I really like that idea, TracyAnn! A little bit at a time would be so easy to do. I will remember this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm challenging myself to make gifts in stead of purchasing things this year. I will be knitting/crocheting/crosstitching away like mad this year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I opened a holiday account at my credit union to save money for Christmas presents for my kids. I'll be searching for thoughtful gifts for family all year

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a new person here .... how do you put those cute little facts/measures/etc. on the bottom of your message? I went to TickerFactory.com, but I don't know how to cut and paste what I want to show. Could you explain to me how to do this. Also, for those of you that don't look like you use a ticker, but show individual things, how do you do that? Any instructions would be wonderful! Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Once I get my buffer saved up or maybe before then I am going to start saving for Christmas. I also love the idea of buying gift cards with the groceries! I want to start looking at some sale stuff very soon. Our Bi-Lo grocery store has one of those change machines that charges you 7 cent per dollar to get cash for your change, but they also have a thing where you can turn your change into amazon gift cards and that doesn't cost anything. I will probably do that too. I spent $3000 on my kids this past Christmas. And there are only two of them And they are only 8 and 4. This year I will NOT spend more than $500 per child. They have stuff they haven't even played with yet and it is March. :/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast