What did you do this week for the happiness of my family?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking What did you do this week for the happiness of my family?

Well, apart from the usual cooking, cleaning, driving, shopping and running the budget I....

Took 2 6lb cans of diced tomatos froms Sams club($6)
    2 onions(.50 about--I had a whole bag)
    2 bell peppers(EGADS $1.50--I am PLANTING some this year--wowza on the price!)
    about a cup chopped hot peppers(.25)

I already had 8 jars and lids and rims

I was able to make 7 quarts of hot sauce(semi picante style but more purreed).

It was not my first time to make it but I never did quarts before. It turned out well!

So alberts expensive hot sauce you are OFF the grocery list!

Then today at a garage sale I found a HUGE box or quart jars for $1!

Sometimes I think God puts me in the path of what I need.

So what did you do this week off the beaten path that aids in the happiness of your family?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW I killed my title--what a typo!

SOOORRRRY folks lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This week I worked 40 hours outside the home. I also researched Rite Aid Rebates and sales that they were having. By Sunday night I will have stockpiled: toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo & conditioner, kitty litter, maxi pads, toothpaste, moist cat food, Prilosec, Tylenol, Immodium, cleaning spray, and detergent. I am sure I am forgetting a few other things. I got such good deals we will only have spent $60 or less when I am through (after coupons, sales, and rebates). That's usually what we spend in a typical month on HBA & cat and other household items. We should be stocked up for months on most of these things now.

I want to continue to replenish this stockpile when I see sales, that way we will never have to pay full price or even full generic price again. I found after this week's sale and combining lots of coupons we saved even more on all these name brands I bought then we do buying generic of these items.

This will hopefully free up some money each month now to stockpile food, so that we are a little more prepared in case the economy gets any worse and prices rise even more. My goal is to find sales on everything we use each month and stock pile enough to always have an extra one available (just in case).

I really didn't completely understand the idea of stockpiling until I researched this one store's sales ads and rebates. I wish we had a CVS close to us, because I could research their sales too. We only really have Rite Aids in the area. I guess I will have to start comparing food sales now too. I need to research how many grocery stores are close to me so I can compare prices to begin a stockpile.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wanted to add, this combining coupons and searching the sale ads for rebates and good deals was time consuming. It felt like a part time job this week and I have to be on my game and get the Sunday paper early enough tomorrow so that I can research the good sales and go after them before the rest of the population clears the shelves of these items . I am thinking of subscribing to just the Sunday paper so that I can be up early in my PJ's scouring the sale ads and coupons .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketlegs View Post
    WOW I killed my title--what a typo!

SOOORRRRY folks lol
    When I first read your title I thought Geez, I didn't do anything for the happiness of her family!! he he Thanks for the laugh!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought the food the cats like to eat. It is a small bag and $8--grrrrrrr. They throw up "bad" food. But I am not really happy with the ingredients but it is better than most BUT I can get a HUGE bag of holistic cat food for $12--3 times as much food, but they don't like it much.

SOOOOOO, I mixed 2 cups of what the like with 1 cup of the holistic and mixed up a full bag full and they fought it at first but now they are eating it!

Yeah me, yeah kitty health.

I hope to get the ratio 50% of each soon.

This saves me a boat load of $$$$

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week I added to our food stockpile.
    I made homemade granola bars (DH loves them)
    Cooking from scratch all week
    I worked for a friend for 6 hours setting up his computer. I planned on doing it for free (Heh, we're friends), but he insisted that I take $100. FREE $$$ !!!
    I went to the new library downtown yesterday with a friend, and DH was grateful, cause he got quiet time to take a nap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I went shopping on Thursday to Giant Evil's deals and did very well! Friday we had Taco night (it makes my kids crazy happy!). Saturday we cleaned in the am (ds got me up at 6) He and I cleaned until 8 when dd and dh woke up. We then went to a carnival for my nephew's school. What a great three days!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The only thing I can say is...What don't I do for my family's happiness!
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do things everyday. Working 40 hours a week outside the home is just one. My daughter asked my if I washed her work shirt yet and her white Abercombie hoodie. I gave her a look like she was nuts. She looked back at me like, well have you? Honestly, I love being home and doing things like cooking and cleaning. I wish I had more help but we all work and/or go to school. Knowing I can keep things together and they do appreciate it makes a difference. After all I'm glad they clean up after themselves and cook for themselves. I wish the dogs would do the same.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brenda67 View Post
    The only thing I can say is...What don't I do for my family's happiness!
    I agree with that 100%!!!!!!