Week 3 - Home Organization Contest - Please Post Your Progress Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Week 3 - Home Organization Contest - Please Post Your Progress Here

Well, those of you who have been participating have been doing beautifully! Anyone else want to join us? Doing a little spring cleaning? Doing a lot?

Post your decluttering progress here!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hiya,

Well over the weekend our washer died on us. So I got all the clothes, blankets, and towels together and off to the laundromat I went. While I was down there I went thur them and made 2 trash bag size bags of blankets that we no long needed. Went I got home I put everything away The best thing is my hubby had the old broken washer out of the house, cleaned the area where it was.!!!!!
    Lastly I cleaned out the outside dog area...ewwww.....
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My goal for March is too clean out and organize the huge closet in our Master Bedroom. The sad thing is that we have this huge closet but it is mostly unusuable for daily use. There are 6 drawers that are incredibly heavy even when empty. The 3 doors are heavy and won't stay on the tracks. Mostly we just throw things in and hope the door closes. I need to see what is in there and put some shelves in. What I would really like to do is tear it down and build a useable closet there. Now if we just had a money tree. lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

this is a good thread although the bulk of my organization is already done, I should jump in for a second do over.....
    this week I'm going to oraganze my kitchen cabinets better....
    even if I do one a day and it takes 3 weeks, its better than not doing it at all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

this is a good thread although the bulk of my organization is already done, I should jump in for a second do over.....
    this week I'm going to oraganze my kitchen cabinets better....
    even if I do one a day and it takes 3 weeks, its better than not doing it at all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I wasn't gonna declutter this month but I had some time with the kids out of the house this weekend so I filled up 3 bags of toys to purge, 1 bag of clothes and 6 bags of broken/worn stuff to trash. The bags filled up 3 laundry baskets. Wooo-hooo!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I will absolutely declutter this week. I will also remember to post..he he!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CBG used some spare lumber to build a new cat tree for our bedroom. Our oldest kitty wanted to sleep with us so teh other cats don't bother her. She, however, killed my allergies. He made a tree that the top level is higher than my head. He built a ramp from our night stand to the top for her using old lumber and old carpet. She has a bed on the top level. The middle level is the same height as our nightstand and it has a small litter box in it just for her. The bottom he made into a cabinet adn it holds the additional catfood and supplies for the bedroom. It definitely helped to declutter and it's tucked away in the corner of the bedroom.

WEnt through another box of books and have around 25 to take to 1/2 price books to sell.

Also we completely cleaned out the floor of our bedroom closet, did a baking soda wash to it and did all the laundry and put it away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dont know if this counts as 7 things but so far this week...I have found 2 more pairs of shoes I wont be wearing. One goes to donation and the other to craigslist LOL. Brandspanking new shoes that look like they were never worn

4 gunky bottles of nail polish that I'm pretty sure are well over 5yr old.

Hey thats only 6, 1 more to go and the week's only half done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Im doing quite a purge LOL, we want to move Jack into his own room which is at present a spare/ Junk room

Over the last couple of weeks I have thrown/ sold on ebay alot of *stuff*

Today I moved Ciaras wardrobe out of hwr room - she was using it to store all sorts of rubbish so she now has a small 3 drawer unit that was in the spare room and alot more space.

next mission is to tackle the rest of her room - im sure I will be able to get rid of loads.

I have visitors coming to stay for 3 weeks starting the 16th so I want to declutter as much as possible!

I also got rid of a big filing cabinet and put the filing in small expandable files which are much easier to store and use and means i wont have tons of paperwork to go through as i can only store as much as the files hold .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i moved two 33 gallon trashbags full of stuff out of my sons room. and im still not finished in there. that boy has too much stuff, and it has to stop!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Donating today:
    2 books
    3 Easter decorations
    1 3 in 1 hair accessory_ dryer, curler, straightener
    2 Americana knick knacks

I tried to post the pic, but it just wouldn't work!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No cleaning out for me just yet. We will be empty nesters starting in June. I am so excited! Right now I have 5 adults and 1 6 month old baby living here and every nook and cranny is packed with stuff.
    First thing to be done is several dump trips. Imagine finding my tape and scissors where they belong. Twenty two years I have been waiting for this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I forgot to take a picture but I gave away 12 walmart bags of stuff on freecycle today. Thats the beginning...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Over the weekend I cleaned out the kitchen cabinets and organized (except drawers! )
    Monday I cleaned out coat closet. YUK I have a garbage bag of coats and jackets ready for donation, also 3 purses. I threw away many things as well. There is so much room in there now!!!!
    Tomorrow plan to work on the 2nd bedroom closet. It's a dump closet for sure. Can't wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast