Homemade gifts for Christmas 2008 Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am making hat/scarf sets for the kids' teachers, and I've started a blanket for a lady I work with who's having a little girl.

I'm also going to make gift bags out of thrift store Christmas fabric I found ($.50 /3 yds!).

Everyone keep us updated on your progress!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default question for Maine Girl:

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Girl View Post
    Would anybody else like to participate in this challenge? if you so also tell what you are making. I am going to knit 6 scarves and winter headbands, i would also like to make tote bags with a stash of fabric i have. I am hoping this challenge will keep me motivated.....we can update our progress.

Maine Girl,
    Do you have a pattern for your headbands? I'd love to have you share it, if you will! Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not much of a seamstress, but am thinking of making little quilts for the grandbabies for Christmas. Am going to make fabric liners for thriftstore baskets I"ve accumulated and fill them with home baked goodies, dollar store finds or freebies. Depends on who I'm giving them to.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User AspiringToBeFrugal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be making card sets (greeting cards, special occasion cards, etc.), a greeting card organizer, and scrapbooks for several family members and friends. I hope my knitting abilities are good enough that I can make a few scarves or pot holders by then as well. And of course I'm aiming for homemade mixes, goodies, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I will be making photo gifts. I don't sew, but I am a scrapbooker. I will be making photo calendars, and maybe coasters, we'll see what else I can find.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is so cool! Way back when, for a few years, my family decided that for Christmas we would draw names and make homemade gifts. This only lasted a few years. I was so sad! My favorite gift made was by my great grandpa. He found a cool branch, spray painted it white, and attached money bills to make a money tree! I thought it was so creative for him! But we had hand beaded belts, a beautiful storage bench, sweaters... So many beautiful hand crafted gifts! I am in, but I am not as talented as some of my relatives! I bead, crochet, and am very much into food gifts! I will have to think about this! I love hearing everyone's ideas and plans!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So far I have knitted one scarf and am knitting my second. This weekend I hope to sew 7 stockings. My boyfriend and I are going to be giving stuffed stockings as gifts to our 7 family members. This way we can stock up on small things throughout the year to fill them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have felt scarfs cut/fringed out...we will be staining wooden christmas wall decorations this week...we will also be making light up popourri jars with crocheted tops...cookies and breads of course. My dd is also painting refridgerator magnets as well. Last year after x-mas sales for baskets of perfume/shower gels etc. were on sale for 75% off and I bought a bunch of those, along with candle sets which I bought a bunch of too. I also purchased potholders/kitchen towels for 10 cents a piece that I'll roll up and attach to the breads/cookie tins and baskets. So I guess I'm doing pretty well. Once the staining is complete, we'll do the popourri jars and then wait a bit till the baking begins around x-mas!!! Take care, Katy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12