Motivational challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Motivational challenge

Anyone want to join me in a motivational challenge?

My life feels like a mess, either i'm too stressed to make good decisions or just plain laziness on my part. My challenge is to get off my butt and actually do the things that I need to get my life and everything around it in order.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. Everything has been so crazy with buying our new house. All I have been wanting to do it so sit around and chill. Starting tonight... I am getting to work!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I need to write some letters to family that i've been putting off for months! I sent some digital pictures to Rite Aid to pick up today so I can write the letters tonight and include pics.

I have to work more tonight, I need to so i'll have extra money next week

I have to get yard sale stuff gathered this weekend for the sale next week

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think my get up and go got up a went, without me.

I have noticed that my house is messier then normal and the laundry is behind. When I get stressed I shut down. Well it's time for me to get over it and grow up. I cleaned the kitchen up and just moped the floors, now would be a good time to toss some laundry in. By the time dh gets home everything will be done and a dinner in the oven.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm with you. I have let my house go and I have got to get back on track. I started last week and have been doing a little today. I am concentrating on the kitchen...it seems to be the worst. I have cleaned the inside of the oven, the inside of the dishwasher and the inside of the refrigerator. Still need to do the microwave. The whole kitchen and breakfast nook needs a major clean up. I've also in the process of doing 3 loads of laundry

Wasn't it Shania Twain that said "Let's go, girls!"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow...this thread is perfect for me right now. We finished all the work on the house and the house is spotless. I've had some type of house project going on for months and now that I don't, i've lost all motivation for everything. I'm not crafting or doing laundry or cooking...mostly i'm being lazy and reading. Need to get it in gear. Laundry time!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I reckon it's good for me too! My DH just left for three months - so now is my chance to get the house organized! We really need a system so that bits and parts of something stay together. I get sooooo exasperated when DH goes to a school and "can't find everything" so he has to go buy it! OMG! If he would just put things somewhere besides the living room side board or first open spot in the garage - he could fine it!! My closets are moving in for the kill by regurgitating everything I stuff into them! Ugh - good challenge for me and my stuff!
    Dianne

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just wanted to post what I had gotten done. I am finishing up the last of the 3 loads of laundry. I guess I am 'spring cleaning' my kitchen. I got my feather duster and went around the ceilings and corners, in case there were any spiderwebs or dust I couldn't see. I wiped off the door bell, the telephone and the wall clock. I wiped down the pantry door, wiped down the walls and switchplates and cleaned the inside of the bay window. I dusted all of my birdhouses that are on the top of my cabinets. I took the glass globes off the chandelier and washed them. I also washed my napkin holder and the salt and pepper shakers.

Still got some stuff to do, but I am starting to wind down for the day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Count me in! I mean I haven't been "that" lazy lately but I do feel I have neglected a few things. I will be washing laundry tomorrow and also decluttering and moving items to their PROPER places. I even want to organize my cabinet in the computer room (way too much junk in there!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in!

I used to have a full time job and study for my Bachelor's Degree, which filled up my time pretty much and household chores were done as needed. The house always had a 'basic cleanness'.

Now that I have my degree, have a new full time job and my fiance was home full time I expected him to do the housework. To be fair, he thinks he does and that he does it well. But I've noticed that his level of 'basic cleanness' is not quite the same as mine (Does that sound familiar to you?). He started going to school 2 weeks ago (4x4 hrs a week, hardly any homework) and now thinks his part of the household work will be less, as in: hardly any at all.

So, tonight: I will sit down with him and tactfully (major word here) explain that as he is still home the most, his part of the household chores will still be the biggest. Or maybe I will just start cleaning something and ask for his help (e.g. lifting the microwave to clean underneath), so that he can see how clean I expect things to be.

Hmmmmm....

Somehow, this reply did not go the way I intended. Apparently, some frustration had to get out first. I was going to say, that because I now have my degree (so no more late night homework) and a telly, most nights are spent in front of it and I don't like it. I love baking, gardening, etc. And although space is limited and our balcony northfacing, I started this weekend cooking special meals, and buying plant pots, potting soil and some herbs. I've also measured the balcony and read up on plants that will grow in the shade. I really want to have some nature near me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did get my kitchen/breakfast nook cleaned and the laundry caught. I had a routine made out for me, but I haven't followed it in a while. I decided that I needed a new routine. So, I am working on that as I go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I need to park here. I have a list amile long in my head, but I think I get overwhelmed and nothing gets done so....This morning I will make a list on paper of all the things I can think of and divide it into manageable bites.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok I really need this and as summer and the BBQ Season is underway I have to get organized.
    I am setting down this morning and writing it all down.The putting it into doable segments.
    Once I get caught up I can do a half hour every morning and evening and it will be doable.
    Starting today on my kitchen and pantry...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in as well... I have been slacking lately, but now that the nice weather has finally arrived-I am feeling much more motivated!
    I am going to tackle my kitchen today-give it a good spring cleaning, and make a list for the rest of the week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am getting all the clothes sorted today so I can see what needs to be bought for summer

I'm gathering everything and boxing things up for the yardsale that I am having by myself

i'll be working on these for the rest of the day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast