"7 Things" challenge
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default "7 Things" challenge

I haven't been good at keeping up with this so far this year, but now I'm back on track. I just got rid of a bag (to Goodwill) with 16 articles of clothing in it and I threw out a bag of stuff (junk--broken pieces, etc.) of approx. 30 things--didn't really count it.

I'm reading the book "It's All Too Much" and I'm seeing myself in it which is a complete surprise because I consider my house fairly clutter free. The areas that are my worst are my bedroom (because I can close the door) and my kitchen counters (loads of homework piles, etc.). Anyway--I'm really enjoying the book--did anyone else read it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did not read it (I don't think- sheesh!)

Anyway! KUDOS! to you!

I've always been clutter free- because it causes chaos in my brain and my life. I don't like it.

But... we all know.. stuff collects over time. It's hard to be frugal and not collect 'stuff' for future unforeseen needs. There's nothing more frustrating than tossing something and the next month.. you realize you needed it.

Before you toss something- try posting it on Freecycle.com. Even broken things get freecycled. People might be needing a part from that. or collect it themselves for their future unforseen need. But don't judge them... they might have the room to store it. ;-)

Raggy clothes get freecycled. yes... there are people (like myself) that value cloth/fabric/textiles and can repurpose it into something that is suitable for a gift. Nobody knows. (Well now YOU do... and everyone who reads this. Don't tell the in-laws! )

Doesn't if feel good to clear something from your home? It's good Feng Shui.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've tried freecycle before, but I haven't had great luck with people actually picking stuff up when they say they will. Our house is very hard to find and I'm kind of tired of hanging on to stuff in hopes that people will actually pick it up. Anyway (didn't mean to go off on a rampage), if it's usable it goes to Goodwill. I just sent off another bag today! Woo hoo!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't read the book, but I have been in that mood!!! I have been sorting things like crazy and now before I buy something I question whether or not we really need it...which is a very good thing.