Frugal Village Forums banner

Weight Loss

Tags
loss weight
1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Durgan 
#1 ·
My Juicer. Believe it or not I got mine for nothing. My son brought it to me from a friend who didn't use it. At first I was not impressed, since I had a centrifugal juicer years past and found it such a misery to clean that I gave it away, also it didn't leave enough of the microscopic fibre.
ChampionJuicer.com | - Champion Juicer | Plastaket Mfg.
These units have to be heavy. (The cheap plastic is junk.) I keep mine on a table in the dining room and move it into place in the kitchen as required. The Champion appears to be indestructible, and does a marvellous job, and is easy to clean. I am finding more uses for it as I get more experience.

Usually depending upon the product I cook the product and beat it into a mash then strain http://www.canningsupply.com/product...ainers_juicers then put the residue from the strainer through the juicer. Then if there is enough I pressure can for storage, otherwise it is put in the refrigerator for immediate use.

For making juice raw, I simply beat the product into a juice in the blender. You get all the fibre this way. This is a raw product, but I feel a lot must be lost digesting, but at least one can ingest a lot of fresh produce. It will keep in the refrigerator if sealed for about 8 days.
5 June 2011 Juice 5 June 2011 Juice

I might add making these products a portion of your diet, weight control is easy and weight loss is relatively rapid at first even without noticing, since appetite is reduced. And certainly one is getting all the necessary nutrients. My view is there is no sense losing weight by dieting and still eating the same food that made one heavy. Further there are few people in our modern society who do not have a weight problem.

Durgan durgan.org | Garden Journal 2011

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.