Garden Club sign up
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Garden Club sign up

We're now assembling a garden club for members. This club will involve such discussions as flower and vegetable gardening, container gardening, soil, lawn care, landscaping, shrubs, trees, houseplants, herbs, seed, bulb, and plant swapping, wildflowers and attracting wildlife, rock gardens, ponds and more.
    If interested in joining, please post to this thread. Tell us your gardening experiences and what you'd like to learn more about.
    A great opportunity to share pictures of your gardens and yards.

This club will of course start out a bit slow for those of us in cold weather zones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love this!
    I am in zone 7. Right now I have nothing to report, but my iris seem to be doing well.
    We have no had our real cold weather yet though, that usually hits in the next few weeks.
    One year we had our first snow in April!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd like to join. I am NOT a green thumb at all! Everytime I get a plant, I kill it. I would like to learn the basics of taking care of plants (indoors) and I would like to learn about container gardening and herb gardening (on my window ledge). I've even killed a cactus, LOL! I need serious HELP!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to join too! I'm with you Theresa...we'll be learning together. I was planning on planting my first garden this year. This will be an adventure!! Looking forward to learning all kinds of new things!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love just about all types of gardening; herb, vegetable, fruit, and flower. I plan on having a raised bed veggie garden this year and I want to learn about companion gardening - planting groups of plants that benefit each other. If nothing else i like gardening because it is facinating to my son (and hopefully it will be too for my daughter) and a great reason to get dirty besides! I have limites space, but i have a fantastic raspberry patch going that is creeping around the corner of the house. Most of our gardening went out the window last year with the colorado fires, but this year I am hoping to learn about some drought resistant plants.

Please count me in to the club!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to join. I always helped my dad when he used to plant veggie gardens. This will be the first time that I will be planting my own garden. I would like to do vegetables, some fruits, flowers and herbs for cooking and some to use for my soaps. I look forward to learning a lot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Me too. I'm an avid gardener and have already begun planning for this years garden although we don't get to plant anything until the 3rd week in May.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh I love being a farmer (ha ha). Last summer I had the best garden. I put up a chain link fence to keep my furbaby out and grew SO many tomatoes, green beans, chilis, cucumbers, greens, sugar peas. I also planted artichokes and failed miserably! Time to till the soil once again here in sunny California. Good time for a garden and club!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to join. We also have raspberry plants that give us wonderful berries. I want to enlarge our vegtable garden this year. I don't think anything tastes as good as a homegrown tomato. I also have a big yard and need help with our flower garden.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Count me in. Dh is the real, in the flesh gardner here but I piddle and enjoy the fruits of his labor. We have loads of flowers, plants and always grow veggies. We're still eating our frozen tomatoes and peppers from the garden. Man are they good in stew and soups! Yep, I want to be in the garden club.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to join too! Last yr was my first real garden and the weather didn't cooperate! I am already planning this years garden and some changes from last year! I am in Zone 6

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, this sounds great! I don't have a place for a vegetable garden. Our back yard is very shady, the front yard is super sunny. So, I have lots of flowers in the front yard, shade loving flowers in the back, and a tiny herb garden in the back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea! I'm so happy to see a garden club here on my home away from home. Please count me in!
    I am a learn as you go type of gardener and usually plant flowers where they look good to me. Sometimes it works,sometimes not. I can always move them if I didn't kill 'em. My perrenial garden is a work in progress and the veggie garden was moved to my front yard last year & we did well. Look forward to sharing the fun of gardening with all of you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh count me in! I sometimes have a "black" thumb, but I'm getting better. I would love to learn about bulb planting and would like again to grow vegetables. DH discourages me because it interferes with mowing the lawn I did pretty well with flowers last year. I'm finding the only thing that will survive the unbearably hot summers here are geraniums. They don't mind if they are dry (sometimes I forget to water-oops!) I hope all of you ladies are ready to teach me something! I would also like to "dress up" my yard with a rock path, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I desperately need to be in this one. I have a tendency to buy plants with very good intentions of becoming a Green Thumbed person, but I very often neglect the poor babies.

Any plant in my yard needs to be Hardy to say the least. I am in zone 9 (Central Florida)

I definately know that I will never be qualified to be in any gardening competitions, just want to learn enough to make my yard Beautiful!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast