The homestead news - April 20 - 26th
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation The homestead news - April 20 - 26th

Happy Easter everyone.

I woke up to a glorious sunny day, with the promise of nice warm temperatures. The easter bunny had hid 24 easter eggs, filled to overflowing and it was fun to watch the kids search for the eggs. They will now be content for the rest of the day.

Today will be a nice quiet day spent with the family, enjoying the homestead to its fullest. Will probably be outside due to the wonderful weather.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day "down on the homestead".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Easter everyone!

This has turned out to be a beuatiful day....sunny and warm.

The Easter bunny left chocolate bunnies behind for the boys. The bunny also left lots of eggs to be found by Dakota and my niece and nephew. They had such a great time finding them.

DH bbq'ed a brisket. I made a coconut cream pie with Richard's help. It is delicious. I just had a piece.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Tina Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Easter everyone!

The sun has managed to peak out a bit today and it's not raining or snowing so I'm very happy.

We spent a quiet morning together as a family remembering some of our past Easter celebrations. At noon we had a wonderfully simple but delicious Easter dinner. Ds#1 is now at work and my kitchen is clean so I will just rest, read and enjoy my family for the rest of the day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone!

We did spent a good part of the day outside. Dh and I took turns to rake our backyard. The weather was warm and beautiful.

The boys spent the whole day skateboarding in front of the house. We visited with my ILs and we were back for a small supper, just the 6 of us.

Happy Easter...

Lucie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone. Its a beautiful day here with the sun shining again and the promise of nice warm temperatures. Its going to be a very busy day here down on the homestead.

I need to grind grain and get a batch of bread going as soon as the kids are up. I also plan on making a batch of buns. While the bread is rising, I may make up a batch of peanut butter cookies for the kids and dh.

Dh has put in a request for hot turkey sandwiches tonight. The neighbour gave us 1/2 a cooked turkey last night, so I want fresh bread for the sandwiches for his meal tonight.

I just put in a load of clothes to wash. Will try to get that all done today too and hung outside to dry. Also plan on getting a couple of dressers decluttered AGAIN!!!

Need to do more work in the flowerbeds and get them ready for planting the roses. Also need to clear a patch for more raspberry bushes. The strawberries all survived and are looking good. All the perennials survived as well and are all starting to shoot up.

I also need to do more reading and studying of Becoming Vegetarian. Its a great book and there are some really interesting stats and information in the book.

Tonight I plan on having a relaxing evening spent reading. Also will be doing my biking and walking today.

Hope everyone is doing well "down on the homestead"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Since I typed the above post, I have whole wheat bread in the oven, cinnamon buns rising, 4 loads of laundry done, with 2 hung up.

I've also decluttered dh's dresser. He is notorious for keeping "holie" socks and not wanting to throw out t-shirts that are stained. They will be in the garbage before he even notices they are missing.

The weather has turned out absolutely beautiful here, with a little breeze, sun shining and puffy clouds passing through.

As Carolyn says, always something to do down on our homesteads.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My goodness CJ, I need a nap after just reading your day today, LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Katybird, yur all invited down for some hot cinnamon buns fresh out of the oven!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Something smells good. I bet it is CJ's cinammon buns fresh from the oven!! YUMMY!

The weather was nice today. Suppose to rain tomorrow. It is needed, but I like the warm sun.

DS#1 helped out today by doinf laundry, sweeping, moping and vacuuming the floors for me. He only had 1/2 day of school today and the other half he spent doing chores.

My knee is feeling a little better. Trying not to do any more damage to it. Feels like there is alot of pressure in it. Glad DS#1 was able to help out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well today was a relax day! I did tidy the kitchen, and do 1 load of laundry.
    Other than that I watched diy shows on tv!
    I did go for my a\walk, this evening we went a bit further and walked a bit faster. My legs are a bit tired!
    Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man/woman healthy, wealthy and wise. Well after being so busy yesterday, I was in bed at 9:30 last night and was up at 6:30 this morning.

I woke up the sun, the birds singing and the promise of a wonderful day. Last night, during my walk, I noticed the leaves were bursting forth. Oh to see green again. One of my favorite things to see is when the wheat is first up out of the ground. It looks like a lush green carpet that you could walk on barefoot. I love it.

Today down on the homestead, will be a much easier day. I plan on making the peanut butter cookies I didn't make yesterday. I'm trying to get some froze ahead for the summer, so that I don't have to use the oven then.

I'll use my meat grinder tonight to grind up some fish and make fish patties for the family for supper.

I plan on decluttering another dresser today and moving it, although I'm not sure where to yet. If I can find a place for whats in the dresser, I may end up by storing it downstairs and taking it to our oldest dd when I'm in the city again.

Also want to get out into the flowerbeds again and do some weeding. Already those weeds are sprouting.

Everytime I look at the veggie garden plot, I'm torn between wanting a garden and not wanting all that work, yet wanting those fresh tomatoes picked right off the vine, those beans snapped outside, kwim. I really am torn!!

I'll do my bike later this morning and doing my walk later tonight. Ds#1 and dd came with me last night.

Hope your all having a great day "down on the homestead".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well since the kids are gone today it will be a tad busier than yesterday. I have trouble working around people!
    Sis, who says you have to do an all out veggie patch? Just plant a few of what you like best.
    For me that maters, melons and peppers. I do plan a bigger patch but just because I WANT to.
    I saw last night on one of my $.25c rose bushes, a new bud!!!! they are alive!
    True its a yellow one but I can just smell it, and yellow roses are cool, just not as cool as pink red or purple!
    What a glorious day God has given us!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good afternoon! It has been raining on and off all morning. I know we needed some rain, but we had baseball tonight and now it is probably cancelled.

I am not sure what will be for supper tonight. Any ideas ladies?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well here we are at the middle of the week with another wonderful day in the making.

I stayed up late last night to finish reading a book, so I think today will be a lazy day around here. Dh was told yesterday he can put in has many hours overtime has he likes because they are getting so busy, so our meals will be at odd times. Thats okay, because all the extra $$ will go into our van fund.

I plan on getting outside today and working again in the flower beds. They need to be ready in a couple of weeks. I'll put the rain barrels up also and have them ready, should we get rain soon. Also need to water the plants.

Other than that, not much happening here today.

Hope your all doing well, "down on the homestead".

Tina Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Its been a busy few days here and dh has been hogging the computer so I haven't gotten a chance to post.

It's a beautiful sunny day here; the windows are all ready open.

We have been doing quite a bit of yard work the past few days and it's looking a lot better around here. Now if I can just get to weeding the shrub beds I will be very happy.

Yesterday I cleaned the house and did lots of baking. I made two loaves of whole wheat bread, 8 dozen choc chip cookies, two dozen muffins, and I made some pancakes and waffles to freeze for breakfasts.

Today will be a different day. I have two dks working on their school work and I'll be leaving here in a few minutes taking my oldest to college. I'll pick up a few groceries and then this afternoon we are playing tennis with another homeschool family. We'll need to have an early supper and then take ds#2 to work and dd needs to be dropped off to babysit. Now that I'm reading this I can see that I'll be living in the car today. Oh well. These kind of days make me appreciate the days I can stay home all day.

Hope everyone has a great day on their homesteads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast