Homestead News - May 11 - 17th
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Homestead News - May 11 - 17th

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

Well seeing as today is Sunday, I'm going to make it a day of rest and not do much around here. It looks like a very promising day, with the sun shining for the first time in 4 days, no rain in the forecast and warmer weather. It got down to freezing point last night.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today on their homestead.

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Mothers Day!!

This morning we went to church, our whole family participated in the service. Delaney and two other little girls handed out carnations to all the ladies in the congregation on the last hymn. We then all went out for chinese dinner, yummy but definitely not low cal!!

Came home, checked in to FV and got a wonderful surprise!!

DH is sleeping now as he has to leave at supper time for the week. Kids are outside playing and the rest of the day is going to be very quiet as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on your great surprise Heather, Happy Mothers Day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone

It wasn't the best mother's day for me, but it's ok. There will be others to come.

I'm so happy for you Heather. It sounds like you had a very nice day and that you were spoiled!

My dh took us hiking and we saw rapids. I was always afraid that Patrick would fall in them.

The day was sunny, but we had rain, in the late afternoon.

Have a good week

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lucie!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lucie

Good morning everyone, its a beautiful Monday morning. The sun is shining and the weather is warming up again. Last night it froze, but the rest of the week there isn't suppose to be any frost or rain. The middle of the week, were suppose to be at 25+ C, around 77 F, which I'll take with no problem.

I need to bake bread today so will also make a batch of cinnamon buns and some Rice Krispie squares.

I'm also planning on weeding the flowerbeds again. With the rain we had, they seem to multiply like rabbits. I love getting out in the gardens though and playing in the dirt.

I have a few things to move from the m/bedroom and then its ready to start the insulating this weekend. The kids also want to go fishing one day during the weekend, so will need to plan around that. Although I'm not eating fish anymore, they really like the fish patties I'm now making, using my meat grinder. What a great buy that was.

Have a wonderful day on your homestead.

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone!

Off to an appointment this morning, will do schoolwork with Dylan this afternoon. Will run a few errands while in town. Slacked on the laundry on the weekend so lots to do. Need to do some baking, muffins and cookies.

Another rainy, cool day here, stay inside kind of day! I know what you mean about the weeds CJ, just when you think the flower beds are looking great, out they come with the rain!!

Have a wonderful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well I got 4 loaves of bread, one batch of buns, 3 pans of cinnamon buns and 2 pans of Rice Krispie squares made. I ground the cheese to make homemade pizza for supper and then did all the dishes.

Its georgous out right now. Has I look out my window, I see the robins, the squirrels and big huge maple and oak trees. I love looking out my windows. Even though I live in a small rural town, there are lots and lots of trees.

I still haven't spotted any hummingbirds on the homestead, neither Orioles, but the feeders are out so hopefully will see them soon. Thats always a sign that spring is here for sure.

Some of my perennials are starting to flower. I love to see the first perennials bloom and then all season long, have different ones blooming at different times. Still have to get some day lilies and some more roses.

I've decided to change all my baking pans to glass baking pans. From all that I've read, the glass baking pans are suppose to be (note I said suppose to be) healthier for you. I'm replacing the older pans I have when I find a glass baking pan at a reasonable price.

Thats it for the afternoon news down on the homestead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday we went shopping and out to breakfast. We picked up two more rose bushes to plant. I got those planted today also a bleeding heart too. (I posted a pic in the Lawn and Garden section)
    I cooked a big dinner last night which left a lot of left overs for today, so dinner will be easy tonight. I have lots of housework though to catch up on as i dind't really do much yesterday.
    Dh still hasnt' given me my mother's day gift! And he still won't "spill the beans" about what it is, i should, according to him have it this evening or tomorrow.... he's driving me crazy, no hints. I am worried, lol!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, what a great day this one turned out to be. First of all, I forgot my wallet at home and had no $$ to get a snack at school so dh came and brought me some Pioneer Chicken. It is an old company, I saw one in LA close to school one night and today he surprised me. It was delicious. Then when I got home he made some very good scrambled eggs with myshrooms and cheese with toasted homemade bread yum!

I got my paper back for my film class. That teacher is so hard to please, she is persnickety and sometimes rather rude. I worked very hard on a paper for a movie called "Love Jones"...today I got my grade back, it was 98/100 and said "little room for improvement"!!! Woohoo, taht was surely an ego boost!

Tomorrow is my very first solo traditional lesson. I have taken over for teachers in the past, but this time I created the lesson plan and activity all on my own. I am doing it in the 5th grade classroom with the new teacher. I am very excited.

Tomorrow I am having lunch with a friend I made at school. Her name is Weili, she is from China and I love the new thingsI learn when we are together. Then after that I am painting my Picasso that I drew making a enlargement grid, So far it is pretty good, but most of all...fun Have a great day tomorrow ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a great day Robin!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Robin, sounds like a great day and WTG on your high mark!!!

Well Tuesday today and the sun is shining, were suppose to have warm temperatures and its a day where I think I will just sit back, relax and enjoy it.

Don't have anything planned for the day. I may find something to do later, but for now absolutely nothing!!!!

Have a great day on your homestead.

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woohoo Robin, awesome grade, you should be so proud of yourself!!

CJ, everyone has to have a day like that once in a while, enjoy!!

This morning woke up to more rain!

I am calling in my order today for my strawberry, raspberry and blueberry plants. It is a garden centre run by Amish. They have great quality goods and wonderful prices. I will pick them up probably in a week or so, they are about an hour and a half from here but combined with other errands and pickups it'll be a worthwhile trip.

School work this morning and then this afternoon we are off to town to drop off 8 bags (yes 8 bags!! ) to the Salvation Army, what a relief to get rid of more stuff!! Will stop at a few grocery stores for loss leaders and check my account at the consignment store. A good day to do this as it is so wet outside.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well it looks like rain today! WoooHooo! We got a otuch yesterday but we are 2.5 inches below normal for this month!
    I have no real plans for today. I do want to scan and work on lesson 1 of the new bible study. I am still searching to find which online classes i want to take. I think I will definitley do a german one!
    Other than that and maybe a load of laundry I think I wll just be lazy today!
    Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well I didn't have anything planned, but its so nice out, I decided to give the one wall of dh's workshop the second coat of paint. Thats done, now I only have 3 more walls to paint.

I may go out later this afternoon and start the second wall, will see.

I love these types of days in the country. It was so different living in the city, you could go outside and all you heard was noise. Here all you hear are the birds singing and squirrels chattering. Gotta love the country.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast