Down on the homestead May 25th - May 31st
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Down on the homestead May 25th - May 31st

Well the last week of May is finally here. Wow, has this year ever flown by. I can hardly believe were going into June in 7 days.

I picked up my poppies and my lavendar plants yesterday and will plant them today. Dh dug up one of the flowerbeds for me and I cleared it all up so its ready for planting.

I did all the strawberries and raspberries yesterday as well.

Other than planting my plants, I'm taking today as a day of rest once again. I'm trying to stay off my foot as much as possible until I get to the doctors.

One other thing I'll probably do is make some curtains for my sewing room and for the back porch. Then dh can have the blinds in the porch for his workshop.

How is everyone doing down on the homestead?

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!

This morning DH has gone to pick up a horse!! We are getting another one, a mare and she is 9 years old and very calm...we need a calm one around here, the other two are being trained. Our church is at 11 a.m. and I have decided not to go today, just not feeling up to it, we will have devotions here in awhile.

DH has to leave this afternoon so I am putting a chicken in the oven soon for a late lunch/early supper and we'll have mashed potatoes, carrots and salad with it. The kids want chocolate cupcakes so I'll pop those in the oven too.

We are getting another dull day here today, it has been raining on and off for days now and cool. I was wanting to put one more coat of stain on the top of the picnic table. I have two wooden outside chairs for around the campfire that I want to fix up too. today I think I will scrape off all the old paint and decide whether to paint again or stain.

CJ - I hope you are feeling better, I know how hard it is to see things that need done and you can't or "shouldn't" be doing it!

Have a wonderful day down on the homestead!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to get motivated to get to work. A trip to Wally World is planned for the
    grocery shopping for the month.
    On my need to do list for the week end.
    Pay bills
    Do laundry (does anyone else feel this is a loosing battle?)
    sweep sunroom
    plant the apple tree I bought last week
    cut my hair

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well today is much better than last weeks!
    Of course I still am not supposed ot do much but being able to see and plan for future projects is just fine with me at this point!
    today and this week will be a time of praise and rest. Last week was a time of rest and fear!
    This week ds is goiung to take pics of clothes for me to put on the auction, either ebay here or SYI. I have probably 3 lots of them to put up! Since my friend gave me so many I just have too much!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well my relaxing day has turned into a busy, but relaxaing day. I planted the lavendar and the poppies, along with more Johnny pop-ups and the neighbour gave me a whole pile of lilies, which I also planted.

Then I decided to paint all the window sills and the front door. Tomorrow, I'll give those a second coat, along with painting the back entrance.

I also weeded the flowerbeds and the strawberry patch. I tell you those weeds are something else. Give them a bit of heat and they grow like crazy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh has been busy today and I have been a bum! LOL! I got back from the state homeschool convention last night and I am worn out! My feet were even swollen!

Today I have been unpacking, done a load of laundry, and have been looking through some of the various catalogs I picked up at the convention plus trying to fill dh in in little short segments (I have soooooooooooo much I want to tell him!).

Dh and ds mowed the yard and dh spray painted our light post (the paint on it was badly chipped from having to weed eat around it). We've had a few discussions today about putting the house on the market and moving, but there just isn't anything out there for us to buy right now.......... well, there is it's just all at such an inflated price that we're really better off where we are for right now.

Dh has a roast on the grill as we have a friend coming for dinner in just a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday we went to this big craft fair thing that is done "street market" style. it is done every memorial day weekend. we didn't buy anything but some snacks. We had a blast. and though I got the kids all covered with their sunblock, i didn't do mine at all...i have a really bad sunburn on my shoulders. sigh, happens everytime! We walked there and back and covered 48 blocks round trip. my feet are killin me. Today we wnet to another of the same type of craft fair thing down in another town just south of us. it was soooo much smaller. maybe 12-14 booths. Ah, well. we didn't find anything but we did have fun with the kids letting em play at the playground. Then once we got home it began raining again. I made dinner and did the dishes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I am proud to say that I have gotten so much homework done, I am actually getting myself ahead of the game

so far Ive written papers for: The Color Purple, Real Women Have Curves, A report on a visit to the Huntington Library, another on my visit to Norton SImon Museum, and2 0f 7 art lesson plans.

I have not however tackled any housework, so what it'll wait!

Back to the lesson plans...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Woo hoo Robin, I've got curves - that makes me a Real Woman!!

I needed to put that there after my dh locked himself out of the house and needed his keys for work this morning, so came banging on the doors at 6 a.m. waking everyone up so that he could get his keys!!!

Well now that I'm up, I should be able to get more done. I have a load to do today, and even with my foot bad, I still need to get some stuff done.

After supper last night, I painted the back door and trim and one of the storm windows. I'll have to give it a second coat today. I also got the window sills painted twice yesterday so that is finished.

I also have to grind grain and bake bread today. Along with that, I'll make more applesauce muffins and freeze them for when the weather gets hot and I won't be baking. Its suppose to be pretty warm today, but with a nice breeze and the windows open, it shouldn't get too hot in here.

I need to wash a couple loads of clothes again, so I'll probably do the kids bedding as well.

I'm also going to take apart the book shelf dh made that was suppose to go upstairs and was to big to get up the stairs. I'll take it upstairs in pieces and then put it back together!! It needs to come out of the living room and wasn't really meant for in there anyways. We need to get things ready to insulate the living room. With gas prices expected to rise by winter again, we need to get the insulation done!!!

Its going to be a wonderful, warm sunny day here, so hopefully I get everything done, and don't get antsy to be outside.

Thats it for the early morning news on my homestead, this Monday morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GOOD MORNING!!!!!
    I can now see my pc screen without my sheild!!! I have no real plans for today since the dr says no real physical stuff until he sees me again Friday.
    The boys are gonna help with laundry, moving the basket and bending to put it in the dryer. I will do dishes. Other than that I plan to be LAZY! I could get used to this!!!
    Sis, please take care with your foot! I missed what you did to it, but becareful so it won't get worse!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just finished making a list of everything I bought at the homeschool convention and tallying up how much I spent. LOL! I really didn't do badly for all that I got. I also made a list of all the seminars I attended so I won't go to any of the same ones next year.

Not sure what dh has planned for us today, but I know he wants to get our porch all cleaned up (we're in a corner plus there's a dirt road behind us so it gets pretty messy) and we need to get some things put in the attic. I wanted to go to the beach this afternoon/early evening, but it's high tide then so that's a no go. Dh did mention that we may ride around looking for homesc for sale though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Luck Quilter Mom, I hope that you find the house of your dreams

CJ...what happened to you foot anyways??? Hoping you'll be dancing soon

I have lots of energy, so Im not staying on this computer, Ill post later how productive my day goes here on my homestead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sis and Robin - I haven't done anything to my foot. The pain just came one day and it hasn't left. I have a doctor's appointment on the 4th.

Well bread is baked, 2 loads of clothes are hanging on the clothesline, the bookcase is put back together upstairs (albeit not quite like dh had it) and I'm ready to a nice long sleep. Problem is the day isn't over yet!!!

I also watered all my flowers but will have to check my sashta daisies in a bit. Its really hot here and they don't like the heat if they aren't watered a lot!!

The painting is also all finished. Glad I got everything done before it got too hot.

QuilterMom - don't you just love those conventions!!! They are the best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone on this wonderful Tuesday morning. It is warm here and we had quite the thunderstorm last night. Its cleared up here though and is sunny right now.

The only 2 things I have planned for today, although that could change, is mowing the lawn and folding clothes from yesterday. Then I'm going to read.

Have a great day on your homestead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm working today, but have a dr. appt. this afternoon - then back to work after that. I've got a chicken in the crock pot at home, so supper will be that plus some baked potatoes in the microwave!

We have to take the cats to the vet tonight for their flea injections - should be fun! We end up chasing them into a room and then being very sneaky in order to gather them up for the ride!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast