2020 Gardening Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

finally went out and did some gardening.. seem like a few of the plants I bought are getting eaten or dying.. or the soil I bought was too heavy? a few things have disappeared in diff pots. maybe too much rain ..no petunias are out for sure but petunia baskets are fine.

in the sm raised bed which is actually not raised enough for me. planted the patio tomato I got. it was totally dry yet other plants were wet. has been raining a lot so no need to water..but one plant fine the one beside dry. planted some long bean seeds and the remaining sunflowers seedlings that survived. put all the eggshells around the bed too hopefully keeps the slugs out. haven't had them for years ..still have the safe bait to kill them.

went around an pulled morning glory ..that grows so fast and everywhere. cut back a bunch of things and found more little maple trees all over and and ..the boys will be busy. ivy need cutting too. my shears aren't sharp enough and hands not strong enough. ds just came in w the first raspberries of the season.

they need to restack bricks etc too.

Registered User MakeADollarHollar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We scaled way back this year and only planted the basics. Had some freak, late spring storms roll through a few weeks ago and it did a number on the garden but it's bouncing back. Picked a zucchini and yellow squash today and have some beets that are ready to be pulled. Husband will pull those a little later and I'll roast them tomorrow morning before it gets too hot. Cherry tomato has babies but still nothing on the other tomatoes or cucumbers. The storms stripped the plants of most all their flowers so it's going to be a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my beans are coming up and sunflowers seedlings seem happy too. ds picked some more raspberries a cupful we ate. ds gets to work on the yard morning glory, ivy etc. one part at least first and we can work on the rest later. bought some carrot and radish seeds to plant. have concrete planters for the radishes. the patio tomato plant I bought has a bunch of tomatoes.

yard needs a good trim.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had another freak cold spell. This is getting ridiculous. Wind, rain and big temp drops yesterday and all through the night. Low overnight was in the 40's and high today was 65, cold, rainy and dreary until late this afternoon when the sun finally came out. Had to kick the heat back on most of the morning to get the damp chill out of the house and I'm back in sweat pants and a hoodie. Our poor peppers, more specifically Thai Chilies, are never gonna produce if things don't start warming up and stay that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know!! I thought it was March this morning NOT the end of June. 50degs and raining hard. That is NOT July weather in north idaho. But my potatoes are loving it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to get into the garden to weed and water. It's been warm here, although it generally fluctuates between ~80* to ~90*. Not bad, unless it's gets humid. Lately, it seems the rain insists on going around my area. The forecast usually starts of with a ~80% chance of rain and then drops, almost hourly to almost nothing. And the weather radar shows storms, sometimes heavy thunderstorms, either to the north or south of us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Of course, I complain about not getting rain and we not only get rain but a thunderstorm and a brief downpour.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was in the 70's this morning but incredibly humid. I got out for a few minutes and replaced a dead tomato with one I had left after my spring seeding attempts. Gave away the 4 extra peppers. All vegetable plants now taken care of.

Planted the new columbine, after doing a little weeding in the wild flower bed with the shovel. %$#! grapevine and mulberry grow so fast. Still not sure where to put the lavender, it likes sun. For now I just put it in a larger pot with fresh soil. Maybe by fall I'll know where to put it.

Picked another handful of pea pods. Vines are starting to turn brown.

Sunflowers are starting to bloom. Had a few get knocked over by a storm on Friday, but not broken just uprooted a little. So now they are zip tied to the strawberry bed frame.

Have many baby cucumbers coming.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quite a bit warmer today and mostly sunny. Both the garden and my spirits are a little perkier.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345