The Homestead Buzz - July 13th - July 19th
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Arrow The Homestead Buzz - July 13th - July 19th

Good morning, another week has come and gone and its a brand new Sunday. Its going to be extremely hot here today, but there is a gentle breeze so that should help.

We all played basketball late into the evening last night, so this old lady is quiet tired this morning and has areas in her body she didn't realize she had.

Today we don't have much planned. I do need to get a load of laundry done and we need to drop off some books at the library, but we will probably just relax, do some walking after the heat goes down and then plan the week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday on their homestead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well i was up til 2 playing boogle with dh and the boys! They played on after this old lady went to bed!
    Today dh has 2 pcs to go fox and he and i have a bbq to go to. Other than that i am enjoying the quiet while the guys are asleep. I even got to eat fresh hot pancakes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A new week already and July is half-way over. Time sure is flying.

It is going to be extremely hot here today. Tropical storm Claudette will not come inland far enough for us to be effected until maybe Thurs. or Fri. they said. I guess we will wait and see. I am sure the ones on the coast line are bracing for the storm.

Today, I am going to finish putting Richard's room back together until I get the tiles for it. I have thrown alot out and have finished painting the walls. We just need to pull up carpet and lay new tiles. I haven't purchased them yet, so until I do I am just going to try to clean his room so he can go back in it. It looks really good so far. He plays golf with the high school and so I found an old golf club and took a long screw and attached a golf ball to the end of the handle and made that his curtain rod. I will have to show pics when it is all done.

I also need to get in Dakota's and Chris' room and declutter it. I can hardly walk in it. It is way too messy for me!! I am sure they like it, but I don't!

Chris and Dakota are helping my FIL paint the rest of his house today. He is 71 and gets tired very easy, so the boys try to help out as much as they can.

Richard is still sleeping. He must have stayed up too late as usual. What else does a teenager have to do? Eat and sleep are the main two items are their agenda.

Rick has to work today. After work he will head to a meeting for the baseball district tournament which starts tomorrow. I sure hope Chris' teams does great. I would like to see them win and then we would head to state. BUT if they don't, that is ok too because they had a GREAT season!
    Well, that's the buzz here on the homestead. I hope you have a great week planned.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Monday morning and its hot already at 9:45, so I'll be turning on the a/c in a couple of hours. Its also pretty humid right now as well, making it even hotter. UGH!!

I need to get towels washed today and clothes folded from yesterday. It will take the towels longer to dry, seeing as there is hardly any breeze and its humid.

We need to make a number of important phone calls today, so I won't be on-line much. Once they are out of the way though, it will be nice to sit back and relax.

I'll be off to get the mail in just a bit and mail a few things, then need to go to the store and pick up some fruit. Were doing well on the July pantry challenge, but I'm not sure how far I'll be able to go. We have added another member to the family for a bit, so that will change all menu plans.

My waterbill is going to be going up as well, with having to water all the flowerbeds. It is so dry here, our grass is all yellow and dying, but we have just too large a yard to water all of it. We need rain desperately once again on our homestead.

Thats the buzz here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Weatherman said it should be 100 today with heat index of 106. I will be inside as much as possible, but Chris's team plays tonight so we will just have to brave the heat. It will still be steaming by the time they play. Tonight is opening day of the district tournament. If they win this tournament then they will go to state and play in that tournament.

Today I decided I wanted to really deep clean the floors and actually got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed them. I never seen them shine that much. I got a great workout in the process.

I need to run to WM to get some items to finish decorating Richard's room. I want to find something different to put his tv, game console, and books on. The only thing left to do to his room is finish pulling up the carpet and laying tiles. It already looks so much better. I threw alot of "junk" away. I still want to declutter Chris and Dakota's room, even though I have decided to wait and redecorate it until things calm down a bit here.

I hope you all manage to stay cool in this awful heat.

That's the buzz here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning, its Tuesday. After having tornadoes surround us last night, dark ominious clouds and VERY high winds with lots of tree branches down, were safe. In some areas, south of us, they had baseball size hail, windows smashed in homes, vehicles damaged and crops destroyed. There were at least 3 confirmed tornadoes with many sightings of others. We were on a watch, but only got the high winds. They showed the hail on the news last night, unreal!!

I've lived in Manitoba since 85 and have never seen a tornado or had has many watches or warnings as we have in the past month.

Its been a devastating time for some of our farmers. They can't sell their beef, the States won't take it, Japan is now going to Australia for their beef and we've had severe drought in some areas. The farmers won't get a second crop of hay to feed the cattle they have, so many are predicting that many farmers will quit. I need to get really busy and do some major stockpiling in the next few months.

On to my homestead. I need to rake up all the branches that came off our trees last night. Although they are smaller branches, its quite a mess outside. We have one tree that really needs cutting down, but it gives lots of shade so we've been reluctant to do it.

We worked on our picnic table yesterday, so if it gets hot outside, maybe will get busy and paint it. It was an old picnic table that was left here when we purchased our home. Its not looking too bad right now, but does need a major painting.

Other than that, not much happening on our homestead right now. Thats all the buzz for this morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you are safe and there was no major damage to your homestead CJ. Tornadoes scare me to death. Richard and me had to drive toward one once to actually get out of its path. SCARY!! I think I could have outdrove Dale Earnhardt that day. It did some major damage in Texas. It was actually the tornado that hit Jarrell, TX. Lots of lives lost that day.

Sorry to hear about the effects of the drought on the farmers CJ. That is awful and the effects of that will affect the consumers. Prices will rise.

Today, is going to be another scorching hot day. Claudette should be hitting the coastal lines of Texas today. We won't receive any of that rain until late tonight or early tomorrow. It will have to come inland some more for us to get any effects of it.

I need to get some of the things I threw out of Richard's room hauled off today. I put them out on the porch and now it is looking bad and I hate that!! So when DH comes home today, I will load it up in the back of his truck and take it off. I already donated a bunch to Goodwill Sunday. I even gave them an older computer that noone uses anymore, but still works. I just got tired of it taking up space that could be used. It has sit unused for over a year. So it was time for it to go. We have his room all fixed the way we want, except for the carpet and tile ordeal. I told Richard when he gets ready to replace it, to start pulling up the carpet and then I will know he is ready. I am not doing it myself.

I really need to start decluttering Chris an Dakota's room today. I just lack motivation because of doing so much to Richard's I think.

Chris plays baseball again tonight at 6 and if they win that game they will play again at 8....back to back games. I sure hope they win both.

I also need to start making a list of what I need to pack for vacation next week. We will be leaving Saturday.

Well, that's the buzz here today.

Hope you all have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well I got the grass cut in spots (most of it is dying from lack of rain) where it was getting a bit high. It certainly isn't looking good.

All the leaves and branches are gone as well.

Michelle, hope Claudette doesn't affect you or any of our other members too much. Stay safe okay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning - its Wednesday. The sun is shining and its going to be another hot day here.

We have some little kittens under our shed that entertained us last night. We have to try to get them out though and kept out and then block off the area. We don't want any baby shunks under there. They are cute though and if we could catch one, we would.

I need to get last nights dishes done and another load of clothes washed. It seems never ending of late.

Thats all the buzz for this morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good mornin' Girls. I haven't checked in for a while so I'm gonna today.

Things are good on our homestead. Dh's tomato plants are loaded with fruit but they are getting the disease (he can't figure out what it is!) that causes the leaves to curl up and then die before long....he's so worried. I'm DYING for a fresh, vine ripened tomato! We've been eating squash and zucchini already and have a watermelon and cucumber plant that have fruit as well.
    The flowers are all blooming but with the 100+ heat that we've been having the roses especially just toast in a couple of days. I'm thinking of picking a large bouquet for the house since they don't last out there anyway.
    I've got to do another load of laundry to catch up from our recent trip and get all of that put away, make some phone calls today regarding closing of the video store and do the general run through pick and put up around the house.
    I may get out in the pool later if I can get everything else done. We'll be having pork chops cooked on the grill, fried squash, stuffed peppers and salad for supper. Oh, I'm gonna find time to walk this morning as well.
    I hope everyone has a great day on their homesteads.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A nicer day here on the homestead. With Claudette coming ashore it has given us some cloud cover and a few showers to help take some of the heat away.

Chris has another game tonight. I sure hope they win. They played a double header last night and if they win the first game they will play a second tonight for another double header.

I need to run to town to pick up some meds for Richard. Something he has to have.

Dakota just came running in the house screaming. He was stung by a wasp. He has allergic reactions to them. He has been hospitalized from a bee sting and received shots in his stomach. He has already asked about shots. I said we will watch it. I did all the necessary things for now and he is sitting here by me. He seems ok so far, so maybe he will be ok. It has swollen pretty big, but no breathing problems.

Not much going on here today. Just laundry.

Hope you have a great day on your homestead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Wednesday!

This morning I went to the grocery store-I know, against the pantry challenge-but it was a great sale and I stocked up my pantry again, AND saved $51.11 in coupons.

I bought Courtney some new crayons, and she has been coloring for the last half hour by herself. She just loves to color. I have to keep her busy, since big sisters are in Williamsburg, VA until Friday with their grandparents.

Just talked to DH, and we decided not to go to Chili's tonight. I have a gc, but we are both just too tired and not up to it. I'll cook something here.

I'm getting ready to go make some scones and a cherry cheesecake. I also have to get something together for dinner.

Tonight we are just going to watch a DVD, and I guess I need to call SIL to see if she needs me tomorrow at all for the kids. Her and her DH are busy making funeral arrangements for her DH father that passed yesterday.

I saw an old high school friend at the store. It was great to see her and chat for a few minutes.

All of my groceries have been put away, and there is no one to eat all the snacks at one sitting!

It looks as if it may rain a little later.

Hope you are having a nice day on your homestead!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning - its Thursday already and it seems like I haven't accomplished anything this past week. Its probably because I truly haven't.

After a very long and late trip into the city last night, I don't have much planned for today.

I do need to do some bookwork. I'll walk up to the post office in a bit and check the mail and then pick up some bread and cat food.

I need to get out and weed the flowerbeds again and trim the roses. While doing that, I'll water the fruit trees again, along with the flowerbeds. They desperately need it. My water bill is going to be outrageous in a couple of months.

I also need to wash bedding and fold some clothes from yesterday. It also looks like my brother will be stopping for a visit in a couple of weeks, so I need to do a major housecleaning.

Thats the buzz here on the homestead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I finally weeded one of my flower beds. It's been so hot, I haven't gone outside. It's 76 degrees today with a nice breeze! My weeds were taller than the flowers

Dishes are done, laundry is drying, and it's time for lunch. Courtney just woke up from her nap.

I worked in the basement some more cleaning and decluttering. I need DH to start the next phase of our rec room down there.

This afternoon I will just putter around and play with Courtney. I have to work tonight, so DH will have to watch the baby ALONE! His favorite thing, lol.

That's the buzz on my homestead today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not much exciting on the homestead today. It is cloudy outside, but no rain insight.

I took DH lunch today and went and paid off the final bills for my term as the baseball association treasurer. I turn over my seat next month. Some other "lucky" person will be responsible for making sure everything is taking care of and paid for now. I can finally just sit back and relax. DH also turned over his presidency, so he can sit back with me and we can enjoy it together.

The boys are all complaining of headaches and have went to lay down. I hope they aren't coming down with something because we are suppose to be leaving Saturday to go on vacation. I haven't even started packing yet. I am kind of down in the dumps today....a little depressed.

Well, that's the buzz here on the homestead. Hope you all have a great day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast