Down on the Homestead - July 17th - Aug. 2nd - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tina Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been very busy in my country kitchen this week. I have company coming next week and I don't want to spend all my time in the kitchen so I've been making up as much as I can and freezing it. I will be feeding 12 people 3 meals a day for 6 or 7 days.

Here's what I've made so far this week:

meatballs in bbq sauce
    marinated chicken breasts
    chicken thighs in sauce
    hamburger patties
    cooked sausages ready for the grill
    twice baked potatoes
    make ahead mashed potatoes
    36 mini quiche
    vegetable soup
    3 dozen buns
    6 loaves of w/w bread
    2 dozen ham and cheese muffins
    2 dozen applesauce muffins
    2 dozen bran muffins
    1 dozen poppy seed muffins
    two loaves of french toast
    two batches of pancakes
    lots of oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, and chocolate chip cookies
    lemonade pie
    orange ice cream pie
    oreo dessert
    apple crisp
    I think that's all

Anyways, my laundry and other things have been sliding so it's housework for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is a working day on the homestead. I'm working all day, then I have to pick DD's up from SIL house where they spent the night. My van also needs a new battery, so we'll get that tonight as well.

Tomorrow DH and I will go yard saling and work on the camper. The one awning arm came loose from the trailer and the roof needs to be painted with that silver sealent stuff. Hopefully the rain will hold off so we can do those things.

For Sunday, a kayaking trip came up and I can't wait to go! I've only used my kayak one time, and my paddle hasn't been used at all! I have to get my gear together and figure out what we are packing for our lunch. Sunday is also my birthday, so what a great way to spend it!

That's the weekend buzz here in NJ!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I thought I would jump in here. It will be a busy day here at my homestead. My dd had a friend spend the night so while they play today I am going to declutter and organize my sewing room. I also have a couple load of laundry to do and need to clean the bathrooms. My niece is coming over this afternoon to spend the night so that I can babysit her tommorow while my sister and mom can take her brother (20) clothes shopping in Asheville.
    Well that's what's happening today. Better get busy.
    Jeanna

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Its Friday - a wonderful good morning to you. It looks like a hot day here, the sun is shining and I've opened all the windows, but will end up closing them pretty soon I think.

Seeing as we have a long weekend here and dh and I are insulating our living room, which means taking plaster off, lathe, making 6 inch walls and then insulating, I'm not doing much today. I'll get the kids to help me move the furniture into our bedroom so that we can start first thing in the morning.

I need to wash a few clothes and hang them outside to dry.

I'll get a chicken in the crockpot early and throw some potatoes and carrots in there later and put it all in the porch so it doesn't heat up the kitchen.

Once the kids are up, I'll be walking to the post office and to the hardware store.

btw - Strawberry, I'm coming to your house next week!!

Thats the buzz here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Man I have missed this thread, but seems that I never have anything domestic to post in here!~ Oh how I want to spend some time just loving my homestead, I guess better days are a coming, I'll just wait. For now I will just dream of all the things I want to do, while I do all the things I gotta do!

Tonight we are going to a ballet!~! I am pretty excited, I am going so that I can miss dance class, dh, ds#2 and I are going camping this weekend, hopefully leaving Wednesday evening and coming home on Sunday, but we will see with the new job and all...

Thats what its like here on my homestead!

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone, missed ya's!!

So glad to be home with Kody, everything went well with the surgery, he is one sore boy but in a few days the pain will be more controllable. He sure is getting spoiled though!!

Today I plan to unpack all our bags, we got home late last night and I just dropped everything inside the front door (literally!! ) DH picked up ds#2 and dd and got home about an hour after we did and all their bags are there too! We were all so tired!!

Laundry is on the list for sure as well as cleaning the pool, watering flowers and gardens and waiting on Kody! Delaney is his little nurse and I can tell that Kody is going to think that it is a bit much soon.....she sits by his side colouring him pictures, bring him fresh water every half hour, asks him how he is, changes the channel and on an on............it is so cute!!

I am just so thankful to be home with my family!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning, its Saturday and Canadians have a long weekend. The first Monday in August is always a long weekend for us.

Its sunny here right now, but cool. Its suppose to get warmer, but not has hot as other provinces.

Well today is the start of tearing down walls, so I won't be around much. Dh has gone for coffee, but once he is back, its tear down time. We have 3 days to get our living room done, but I'd like to get it done quickly.

We also have Hopper Days here, so at 1 p.m, we have a parade to watch with the kids. They got lots of candy last year, so thats basically what they are waiting for. Its not suppose to be as big as last year, considering our economy right now, but the parade goes right past our front door, so we don't even have to leave home!!

I got all the bedding and washing done yesterday and even folded and put away, so I won't have to do any this weekend. Seems a never ending job down on the homestead.

I also worked on the two quilts I'm doing. I'm redesigning one, the first time I've redesigned a quilt, so its going to be interesting to see how it turns out. I'm almost finished the baby quilt as well.

Thats the buzz here on my little homestead. Work, work, work!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Saturday Morning! Well my day will mostly be spent sewing. I have quite a few pairs of pants to hem and then my dd wants me to embroider a T shirt for her. I have also got some laundry and ironing to do. So that's my day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Saturday morning.

I am glad the surgery went well Heather for Kody.

I didn't get to post yesterday because I spent the day with DH shopping. We were able to buy all the boys school clothes except for shoes. I am waiting on them to come home so they can pick out the ones they want. We got some great deals. We also received a free movie pass, a free voucher to dinner and a $20 gift check from the mall for shopping there and spending XX amount of money. I used a GC to shop at the mall, so I saved money, plus received bonuses!

Today, we may go pick up the boys from my mom's house. If not, then I will declutter Chris and Dakota's room.

That is all the plans I have for today. Hope you all have a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, it seems my little tantrum last week made a little extra for this weekend! Oh well, I am just glad to be alive to do it. I am feeling very grateful overall today, so I think I will just love the house some, she deserves it (my house feels like a girl to me)

I have a big midterm on Wednesday so there will be a big review on class on Monday and the professor wants us to run it with questions, I have enough to keep us going the whole 2 hours but I will try to spruce them up into intelligent ones!!!

I am still working on that wild hallway wall remember the one I have procrastinated about forever? Well, I am determined to work on one stripe today. One bite at a time!

It is not too hot today, but have the cieling fans on, gong to make some coffee and take my royal jelly and get going...\

Have a wonderful day friends!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, we opted to go pick up the boys today. Dakota said he was ready to come home and I was ready to have him here. I just hate the drive there and back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12