Down on the Homestead - Aug. 31st - Sept 6th
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Down on the Homestead - Aug. 31st - Sept 6th

Good morning everyone on this last day on August. Tomorrow is a brand new month.

Today being Sunday, I plan on making this a day of rest. We don't have anything planned, but I do have a good book I'm reading, so after breakfast I'm going to veg out.

Tomorrow is another week and I'll get things done then.

Have a great Sunday down on your homesteads.

Tina Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! It's a beautiful sunny day with a gentle breeze. I love days like this.

Yesterday I took a detailed inventory of all the food supplies we have. Today I am going to menu plan for the next month with the food I have on hand. Dh was laid off two weeks ago and I want to see how long we can go without buying groceries. I will probably spend $10-15 a week on milk, eggs, fruits and veggies but I want to keep it at that.

We had a box of crabapples given to us last week and I made 8 containers of crabapple butter. I have the supplies on hand to make apple jelly and grape jelly so maybe this week I'll get the done.

Today I will doing next weeks lesson plans for homeschooling. It will take me about 1 hour and then I will rest and enjoy the day.

That's it down of this homestead. Have a great day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well not much going on down here. I had big plans for today but caught the neighbor ladies cold and feel yucky! Freezing one minute, boiling the next!
    Hoping I feel better tonight so I can attend church.
    for now I am going to veg, think of something to eat, tonight we are bbqing chicken if the rain stops!
    have a greeeeeeeeat day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gonna be a very lazy day around here. We'll be watching tv and reading in between naps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can't believe this is the last day of August. September is knocking on the door. Before you know it Christmas will be here, only 3 more months. Do you have anything ready?

Well, I am glad there is no school tomorrow. I get to take a day off to catch up on things. DH is off as well. We have no special plans though.

I have been working on laundry. I had fallen behind and now it is time to catch up.

It has been raining all day so we have to stay indoors.

Well, that is the buzz here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning, its Labour Day and a holiday for all of us. I love that dh got to have a long weekend, he sure needed to get some rest.

Yesterday I made a day of rest, so today I need to get laundry done, hung and then folded. I still have some from a few days ago to fold.

I need to get lessons set out for tomorrow, first day of hs.

I also plan on making some applesauce muffins and possibly some corn bread before it gets too hot here. Its suppose to be about 85 but then normal temperatures are suppose to be back tomorrow.

Thats the buzz down on my little homestead.

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all! Missed you all this weekend. Got back late last night from my parents. Had a wonderful visit and got to see my three brothers and their families. I feel refreshed!

This morning I am going to town to pick up a few more things for school and this afternoon I am doing laundry and baking. I want to make some muffins, cookies and some biscuits.

It is cool here today and not to get above 70. Very cool at night which is SO nice, everyone can sleep fine and finally the upstairs has cooled off! It takes so long for the humidity to leave.

Tonight we are having corn on the cob, baked beans, biscuits and BBQ hamburgs.

Have a great day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

today I am doing a load of laundry. Dh is watching a STNG marathon allllllll day! Well actually he's sleeping through it!
    Since the guys are sleeeping so late, we will have brunch today, big country breakfast! Not sure whats for supper tonight!
    Ya'll have a great day!

Tina Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! It's another beautiful sunny day

Everyone is sleeping in here and it's wonderful to have some quiet time on the computer.

Today I'm hoping to get dh to wash the outside windows. I'm not sure if I'll be very successful though. I'll do some laundry and I'll bake some bread, muffins, and cookies later as well. I might even get into my dd's room and get her to get rid of a bunch of clothes that don't fit. Later this evening dh and I are meeting some friends at the coffee shop for a visit. I'm looking forward to that.

That's about it. I hope everyone has a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to the lake this week end to visit an aunt.
    I FINALLY got some mending done and I couldn't find my seam ripper. I hate it when I disorganized, which is most of the time. Right now I'm trying to get some laundry finished so we will have clean clothing for this week. Hope everyone is having a wonderful frugal week. I miss being able to come in here more. This whole "work" thing is really cutting into my computer time.
    Homesteadingmamma, How goes the dry wall?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you had a pleasant visit with your family this weekend Heather.

We haven't done much today. The weather is so weird here. Can't tell when the rain will start or the sun will shine. Can't really make outdoor plans for fear it will rain on you.

We have watched movies on tv. I finished the laundry. I got it all put away. Finally! DH cooked hamburgers.

I have been looking through mail catalogs for Christmas ideas. I saw a few things I would like to make that look pretty easy.

Yesterday DH responded to 15 car accidents on the interstate. The traffic was really bad because of the Labor Day weekend. Plus it was raining, which didn't help.

Well, tomorrow is back to work/school for us. I hope you all have a great week.

That is the buzz on the homestead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone, its Tues. and the beginning of another hs year for us. The kids are still sleeping, but in a few I'll get them up and at it.

We had a nice, quite and relaxing weekend. Yesterday I only did a couple loads of laundry and then read. Dh rested and did some reading as well.

Today is baking day. I need to bake bread, make some muffins and freeze some. I also plan on making a batch of peanut butter cookies for the kids.

I need to get the laundry folded from yesterday and continue to go through our winter stuff and see whats needed. So far, the winter coats fit so I don't have to purchase any new ones. Thank goodness for that. Even though mine is too big for me now, I'll try to get another year out of it or see if I can find a good one at the thrift store. I will have to purchase some tights for ds#2 because he won't keep socks on!!

I need to also get started on painting items for our craft sales. I'm hoping we can do more this year as the economy is really bad here and the amount of $$ will probably be less at each craft sale. If I can get more booked, then even if the $$ amount we get is smaller, it will make up for what we made last year.

Thats the buzz here on the homestead this morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No big news out here. Hurt my back trying to put the Cocker outside. DH has decided he needs a new home, pretty much ok by me! He won't let D. do anything and has managed to annoy all of us! Not an easy task!
    Today I plan to make enough biscuit dough to last the week. Then before school the boys will get something hot to eat. They don't like much, just toast or something, but I would rather it be biscuits to wake them up more!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!

Today I'm homebound because I'm babysitting my niece and nephew until 3:00. I decided to start some laundry and hang out 1 load.

Baking will be great for today. I plan on making scones, pumpkin bread/muffins and maybe some cookies or something. Time to get some stuff frozen for snacks and breakfasts.

The kids don't go back to school until the 11th, so they are home for another week. Ashlee has band camp again today and tomorrow.

That's all the buzz here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone. After a cold night ( 40F) and very high winds, its calmed down this morning and the sun is peeking its head over the trees. Looks like another good day, but still no rain.

I managed to get pretty much nothing done yesterday. I've been reading a series of books and I just couldn't put the book down I was reading. I did manage to get clothes washed though and bread and buns baked.

Today I plan on making more bread. With going away in a few weeks, I want some froze up for dh and the kids. I'm out of brown sugar, so have to wait until I can get more cookies made.

I'm on the hunt for coupons now considering that we have double coupon days on Wed. here at the Co-op. I'm pretty excited about that, its unheard of here!!! I'm not sure how long it will last, but until it ends, you can bet I'm going to take full advantage of it.

I'm continuing to go through our winter stuff. So far, nothing we need. My friend who came to visit is going to give me all her son's clothes for Michael, what a blessing that is. Hes small and hard to buy for, but her son was just a bit bigger than Michael. That will be quite the savings and she purchases brand name clothes!!!

Our new cat has really adjusted well, so well in fact she sleeps with us every night. Our older cat's nose is still out of join and her attitude stinks, but she is going to have to get use to her. Were still looking for the right dog, can't have a homestead without pets.

Well thats the buzz on the homestead for this morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast