Down on the Homestead - Jan 25 - 31st
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Down on the Homestead - Jan 25 - 31st

Good morning everyone. Its cooooooold here again. I want spring so bad.

Today is my day of rest so I plan on sewing, quilting and reading. Not necessarily in that order, but doing all 3 today. I'm into another good book, so I didn't get any sewing done yesterday as planned. We also ended up going into the city, with took up half the day.

I need to call our oldest son, he turns 35 today. Makes me feel really old.

Hope you have a great day down on your homestead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Happy Birthday To your son CJ!

Today is a cold one. As I type this I can hear ice hitting the windows!
    Well, I did absolutly nothing yesterday so...
    Today I need to do laundry, wrap some meat I bought on Friday night, clean the bathroom, and plan my Brownie meeting for tomorrow. That is if we end up having one. If I have any leisure time I'd like to work on my rug.
    For dinner we will have roasted chicken and rice and black beans. I'd also like to make some muffins of some sort.
    Have a great day everyone and stay warm!
    Marcia

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well today I have some auctions to list. 1 load of laundry needs to be done as well.
    Other than those tasks it is also my day off. I will probably look for a good movie to watch.
    It seems cold out, my allergies are driving me nuts with the high wind that is blowing.
    Christopher poor guy has a nasty cold but is not letting it slow him down! He rarely gets sick but when he does he gets a doozy!
    Well ladies, have a wonderful day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well dh said the snow drifts were horrible coming home from work. Thank goodness it is only 5 minutes from home to where he works.

Not a rest day here. I decided I needed to get the boys room finihed and started stripping the 2 walls that are inside walls. We tore sheets of wallpaper off. It was like tearing off plywood for crying out loud. Then dh came home and said we should just take off all the plaster which now means more lathe as well. UGH. Will then put gyproc on the 2 walls and then I can decorate as I want. We were thinking of wallboard, but its much more expensive to go that way.

Now I'm off to read.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am working on laundry and unpacking. I would like to be finishing the cleaning on the old house but we are covered in ice. I am undecided on dinner but I have hamburher thawed out so it will be something with that. Maybe crockpot spaghetti.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good day to all. It was more like spring here instead of winter. I think the weather is messed up.

I haven't been posting much, but I will try to get back into the swing of things. The boys have all been sick last week and DH only worked 16 hours due to no work. UGH! I dread the paycheck. I know I am not going to like it, but it is better than nothing at all. I have just been stressing, but I know we will be ok. I have to keep telling myself that.

I only had to do 1 load of laundry today because DH has been doing it since he has been off alot. DH bbq'ed chicken today. It was yummy!

I clipped and filed my coupons.

I decluttered some cabinets and it looks so neat now. I put 2 boxes of loose pictures in photo albums. I can't believe how much trash I accumulate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi All,
    We had a break in the snow today and went to the late service at church today. Great service!!!!! After church we took the boys out to eat at the Olive Garden. I had earned 3 $10 gift cards throug point programs and surveys that I do and was able to feed the entire family for just under $7 out of pocket expense and that included the tip!!! We had their all you can eat salad, soup and bread sticks. When we got our bill, we had been randomly selected to fill out a survey for $3 off our next visit! woohoo!
    On the way up to church and back we have been listening to "Cheaper by the Dozen" on audio tape. We were all enthralled and laughing so hard! Very different from the movie that is out by the same title (which is also very good). After we got home, Jeff and I took a nap while the boys watched a video. Tonight we are all spread out doing our own things and trying to get the laundry caught up. Chris is playing guitar in his bedroom which is right next to mine. He's playing God of Wonders and singing. My heart just melts when I hear my boys playing and singing praise songs. They are getting ready to play for a talent show here within the next few weeks and at their youth group also. I just feel so blessed knowing that these kids love the Lord with all their hearts and enjoy praising HIM through song!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone, even though its almost afternoon. The sun has finally come out and with the new snow we got yesterday, it looks like diamonds are dancing in the drifts. Awesome to look at.

Today is laundry day. I'm on my second load. I also have bread dough rising (first rise) and I want to make some muffins this afternoon.

I also need to get some sewing done. My good intentions on the weekend flew out the window after I picked up some books from the library. I'm reading a series on mail-order brides. Nice reads.

Hope you have a nice day everyone, down on your homestead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's snowing here today, so I am not driving anywhere. There is a bad accident that has closed down one of the highways so I called DH to let him know since it is right on the way to another job site they have to go to today. I've got chicken ready to go into the crockpot for dinner. I really like having something creamy and homey tasting on cold winter days so we are doing it in a creamy sauce and serving it with potatoes, beans and fruit.

Later today we are going to go to the library and get the mail. The kids have some research to do. Luckily we can walk down town, so I don't have to get the van going. For some reason our ABS brakes are acting up again (just got htem fixed), so I'm going to have to get it back into the shop. UGH!!!!

The kids are working on school today and I'll set them loose to play in the snow later. We thought the public school kids had the day off today, but I guess not. Tonight is one of the few nights this week that we are not going to be out for the evening, so I'm planning on having us listen to more of the "Cheaper by the Dozen" book on audiotape. The kids wanted to do it today, but we need to wait for Jeff who is also really enjoying it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is Daniel's birthday! 11 years old! I have been doing laundry. I even washed a load of clothes by hand! I am so proud of myself!

I am baking another cake for Daniel, since his godmother will be coming after supper.

I have to think about supper, too...I have no clue what to make...
    I am kind of teired today. I have not slept well and I had nightmares that woke me up this morning. I'm slowmotion...

Have a good day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Birthday Daniel!!!!!

Tina Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Birthday Daniel!

Good afternoon! It's cold here; -30C, -42C with the windchill. Tonight the forecast is for -38C and adding the windchill it will feel like -57C I know I shouldn't be complaining because some of you have a this kind of weather all month. The first 3 weeks of January we had spring like weather and the next day there was a sudden drop in temperatures.

Today I'm trying to keep busy doing housework and baking. If I stay moving I keep warm. I need to go out in 1/2 hour to drive ds to college and I'm not looking forward to it.

I have a deer roast in the crockpot and the potatoes and carrots are peeled and sitting in water.

Tonight I'm looking forward to curling up in bed with my warm wheat bag and my book.

Have a great day and stay warm!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all!
    Happy birthday Daniel! Eat some cake for me. LOL
    Well, it is still cold here and the ice finally let up yesterday. We had no school today and I have been working on my rug. As a matter of fact, it is...Finished!!! I'm not sure where I wantto put it or even if I will. They make such great gifts and I want to give the lady one where I got all the free fabric. So I might give it to her.

Right now it is starting rain freezing frzzle here. The weather man said 2-5 more inches tonight while we sleep. So I look for no school tomorrow as well. I wish I could say I mind, but i don't. I have been having not the best year this year and have trouble getting motivated some days.

I got all the laundry done. I just need to fold it and put it away. yuck! Tonight for dinner we are having leftovers, so it is every person for themselves!!LOL

I have started on my next rug and I'd like to get it going. I'm making a half moon this time and it is going to prove to be a bit more difficult.

I went to the grocery store last Friday and wanted to get the things to start crocheing. However after looking at our finances I have decided that must wait. I'll try again in a month or two. Anyway I can get some rugs done for the craft shows next year and I have a free source of fabric for that. I guess that is the Lord's way of telling me to focus on one thing now.

I'm off to cuise around the village.
    Have a good day ladies stay warm!
    Marcia

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Birthday Daniel!!

Today the temps starting dropping due to a cool front coming in. The wind is outrageous. It blew everything away. I have a huge mess on the fence that caught everything.

DH had to go to a firechief's meeting in another town. It is for the county. They feed them, so I don't have to cook for him. I heated up leftover roast for me and the boys.

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!

Happy belated Birthday Daniel!! Hope it was WONDERFUL!!!

65 degrees Carolyn!! That's balmy, what I wouldn't give for that today! lol! We are getting hit with an ice storm, I pray it doesn't bring down the power lines.

Today we are back to normal, DH left for work, Kody is at school writing his Science exam, Delaney is at school and Dylan is at his work at the diningroom table. I'll have to listen to the news because they were talking of sending the buses home early.

I am dusting and sweeping floors and washing the front entranceway floor. Laundry is on the list too. A neighbour gave me a bunch of scrapbooking supplies as she isn't "in to it anymore"......I was so grateful. I'm going to organize those in my scrapbooking binder.

I'm making turkey soup for supper tonight with biscuits and homemade rice pudding.

Have a great day ladies!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast