Down on the Homestead - July 11 - 17th
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Down on the Homestead - July 11 - 17th

Good morning everyone. Its a beautiful morning here. The birds are singing, the sun is shining and the breeze is blowing. Its suppose to be hot today, but not quite as hot as yesterday. We still haven't put in our a/c and were hoping we can go the summer w/o it.

Today I need to get the papers delivered first thing this morning. Then I need to weed a couple gardens at the lodge. Late tonight, I need to strip and was the floors in the foyer at the post office. So its going to be quite busy here today.

In between all that, I want to finished organizing my sewing room. Its almost finished. I have another boxes of books to donate to the library, so I'll pack those up as well and get them ready for our next trip into the city.

Hope everyone has a great day, down on your homestead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning CJ and all to follow

My 8 year old niece slept over last night with Raechel, but they were quiet. Had a good nights' sleep.

I made pancakes (from scratch!) for breakfast and started some laundry. I'm waiting for Eckerd to open because they have Easy ups on sale and I have some coupons. I've got to get Courtney potty-trained, this stuff is getting expensive.

But of course you have a short amount of time between diapers and feminine products Raechel joined the ranks yesterday, so now I will need to buy stock in them. Oy!

Today will consist of church, laundry and cleaning up after Courtney. I hope to get into a book today, I haven't read for a while.

Ashlee called last night and she is camping in the Pine Barrens. I teased her about the Jersey Devil, lol. She went tubing and stuff and will be quite tired when she gets home tonight for sure.

Breakfast was pancakes (from scratch!)
    Lunch is Potato cheese soup (from scratch) and BLT's
    Dinner is probably going to be chicken cutlets, mac and cheese, potato and salad

Enjoy your Sunday!

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning ladies! It's hot and sunny here today too. I slept in this morning, what a nice treat. Got up, had a long shower and spent half an hour reading my Bible and devotional book. Great way to start my day.

I had laundry waiting to be hung outside so I did that and started another load. With weather like this it takes no time at all to dry. DH is out in the garden checking his corn patch....lol...he sure is babying that patch, we'll sure to have a bumper crop.

After lunch today we are all going for a drive. An old, old ship washed up on shore last week dating back to the 1800's, we want to see it before they decide what's being done with it. I was thinking about what went on on that ship, the crew, what made it sink?? We'll go for ice cream after!

DH is leaving for work for the week tomorrow so I'm getting all his clothes and food ready. Dylan is going over to my Mom and Dad's for a few days this week so I'm getting his bag ready too. I think tonight will be an early to bed night!

Have a wonderful day on your homesteads!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Gals,

Today looks as though it is going to be another scorcher!
    We are going into the city to see Cats. Alex loves it and is so looking forward to it. MY mil is taking us to dinner. So, I don't have to worry about that. LOL
    I forgot to mention the other day.I'm making purses now and thought they would be great gifts for friends and relitives. A neighbor came ove and loved them. She wants to sell them in her store in the city. She thinks she will be able to sell them for $40! I have been busy making more so I can have a few in there this week. She does a radio spot on Thusdays and said she'd feature them when I have several to choose from. I have 4 finished now. I'm planning on taking some into the city for my mil to look at. I'm so excited! I really love making purses and hae been making several different kinds for years.

Well, I need to get into the shower. Have a great day everyone!

Well I need to get

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good morning all! Fighting off a migraine here, heading to bed again but doing ok enough for a quick check in.

Have a great Sunday all!

Tina Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Margery - hope your feeling better soon

Hello everyone!

Just after lunch I decided to bake muffins and just seconds before I was putting them in the oven our power went out. So after awhile I decided to improvise and I baked the muffins out on the barbecue. They turned out really well.

Two dks are at camp, one is out of town till tonight and dh went fishing and I am now alone in the house for at least 6 hours. Oh what shall I do I'm planning a long hot bath and a really good book. The rest of the time, who knows.

Well I'm off the enjoy the rest of the day in my quiet house. Enjoy your homesteads!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, it's not morning anymore, but thought I would pop in and say hello! I'm new here and just trying to see how things go around here. Everyone has been very welcoming!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Melani, nice to see you posting here. This is a daily thread and we love having new members join us here to tell us whats planned for the day. Welcome!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Howdy ya'll!
    Today was a tad busy. I did laundry (still need to put it away) waters the gardens (veggies and flowers) and made lasagna! Not the frozen stuff, but from scratch!
    I ran the dishwasher, and will empty it tomorrow!
    I am attacking our over grown weeds with the hoe, early mornings work ok, but once the clock hits 9, it is too hot to work out there anymore!
    Hope ya'll have a wonderful week!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you are feeling better soon Margery!

It started out to be another scorcher here, but we just got some rain showers to cool everything down. It was very welcoming.

DH started out his day by having to respond to a major accident on the highway. He said it was a bad one with 7 people having to go to the hospital.

I have done some laundry and clipped coupons. We had potluck supper. We need to get rid of anything that will not last this week because next week we will be on vacation.

I printed off some more worksheets and test for Richard's driver's education homeschool edition. I am glad Texas allows us to homeschool them in driver's ed. It sure saves lots of money.

Tomorrow begins Dakota's and Chris' district tournaments. I wish they were in the same town, but they play in different towns so I won't be able to watch them both. I am going to go with Chris all week to his and Rick will be going all week with Dakota to his. Rick will be umpiring the sr. midget games making an extra $60 a night. He will make an extra $240 this week just for umpiring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good evening Ladies!

Margery, I pray that you are feeling better. I had a migraine yesterday and was blessed to be able to get rid of it pretty quickly.

Today was a busy one here. We went to a different church today to check it out. The pastor there is our boys' Youth Group Pastor and God has just been alying it on our hearts to love and support this man and his ministry. It's a new church and they are going through all the issues that face new churches. The worship and message were wonderful though and we came away blessed.

I layed down for a nap for about 1 1/2 hours and Jeff attacked the twins walk in closet. He cleaned out, reorganized and tossed out a bunch of stuff. Then he and I got busy on our room when I got up. He remodeled one of our closets and we were ruthless on tossing out stuff or putting it in the Yard Sale boxes and bags. I got rid of 15 sweaters that I no longer use that much (my family teases me about my sweater collection) and only kept the ones that I love the best. The clean off an entire long shelf! We now have lots of stuff for the yard sale and more to sort through and purge! The best part though was finding a bunch of things that I had "lost" somewhere along the line like my antique dolls and some of my childhood books.

Tonight I made 1 huge casserole and one smaller dish of enchiladas (for dinner later this week). I also made a big green salad from the garden. The boys all went swimming while Jeff and I relaxed a bit on our back porch after all that purging and sorting.

Be blessed all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and the first of the week finds all of you feeling well. I am finally getting caught up on my canning, I didnt think I was ever going to get it all caught up but I finally did about 7:00 last night. We had a lot of rain here over the weekned, so I guess my DH will have something to do when he gets home form school this afternoon. Take care and have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone. I'm late this morning. With not getting much sleep, I'm running way behind. We had a huge storm last night and got 3 inches of rain. My garden has pretty much had it. I'm not sure it will survive - its a wait and see game now. The tomatoes are all on the ground, the potatoes are completely flat.

So today, I plan on:

~delivering the papers, once they are here. They had a problem with the delivery girl, but that may be because of the storm. So they will be late.
    ~I finished weeding at the lodge last night, so I have a couple days break from that.
    ~I started stripping floors at the post office last night. I worked 4 hours and only got 2 small areas done. I don't think those floors have been stripped in years. What a job. But at least the worse part is done.
    ~my sewing room is almost organized. Probably another 15 minutes and it'll be done. The kitchen is almost finished as well. So I'll finish both those rooms today and then start on the bathroom and the living room. Not much to do in either room.

Later tonight, I plan on finishing a book I'm reading.

have a great day everyone.

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!

((HUGS))) to all who aren't feeling well!

Welcome Melani! So nice to have you posting here.

Marcia, yes, we'd love to see your purses. How exciting for you!

CJ, I sure do hope your garden comes through this.

DH just left for work for the week. Dylan is visiting with my Mom and Dad and brother for part of the week. Today I am:

~grocery shopping
    ~dropping off items to my Mennonite friend
    ~tidying from the weekend
    ~weeding the garden when it cools down tonight
    ~making phone calls and paying bills

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today for me is Clean House Clean House and Clean House. I don't know how it got so out of control but it is horrible! I would be mortified if anyone came by here unannounced. I am going to make Chicken fried steak and mashed taters for supper tonight. I might even make a peach cobbler if I have time to run over to the fruit stands in the rural area close to me. Mmmm, my mouth is watering thinking about those fresh peaches. I think I will make that my reward for getting my house back in order...I will buy a half bushel of peaches and get them put up in the freezer for this winter and of course for cobbler tonight

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast