JOIN OUR GARDENING CLUB - Page 5
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's good to have you in the gardening club, Kay. We have a competition you can join and please share all your garden information and knowledge with us. We are all keen to learn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Its been a while since I posted here, but I thought I'd check in with an update (kind of in keeping with the gardening notebook idea)

The weeping tomatos are going gangbusters. I haven't gotten any fruit from them yet, but there are little yellow flowers everywhere!

I bought some peppers and squash 2 weeks ago to replace my peppers and basil seeds that didn't work out. They have both been growing really well, although I'm worried that I may have to thin the squash (I didn't realize quite how big they can get). Last time I tried squash I got flowers but no fruit, so this time I'll make sure to try an pollinate them with a q-tip of something.

I'm giving my houseplants a summer vacation - and they hate it. They may be coming back inside in a day or two. I think that the bright sun is a bit too much for them (although I'm surprized that even the cactus is sensitive to it).

I bought some lavendar and fennel to try for herbs. The lavendar smells great. I've never grown or used fennel before, so its kind of a little experiment.

I did buy some Petunias just to get some color. They look fine.

The strawberries in the grow bags - the cats basically destroyed one before I could move them outside, so I ended up putting Petunias in the bag. The look cool. The other bag has mostly died, but I have 3 or 4 plants that are still hanging in there - I had 3 flowers yesterday. I think that the sun may be too hot for them as well.

This week has been unusually hot for us.

I may see if I can get DH to take pictures with his digital camera and post them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the update, Sara. Just a word on your indoor plants on summer vacation outside. All plants need to harden off before the go into full sun. They eventually develop a sun protective chemical in their leaves but before they do, they can get sun burnt. If their leaves are brown at the tips or have brown blotches, they are sun burnt. You'll have to cut those bits off, give them a good drink and put them in the shade. Most plants need light more than sun. To give your indoor plants a vacation, they'll love it under a tree where they can get dappled shade, a nice breeze and some rain if it falls. You can give them a good hosing to clean their leaves too.

I'm really glad the tomatoes are going well, I'd love to see some pics if you can post them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi! I would like to join the garden club. We have planted tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, watermelon, strawberries, and corn. I learned to can last summer with my aunt, so I hope it all comes back to me this year!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Please add me

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh I'm in. More than ten years of experience gardening in Southeastern US.

Currently saving money to purchase a small farm.

Angharad

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

handmerounds, I'm pleased you've joined us! Welcome Tiffany and Angharad, we always have room for more members. Check out our competition and please share all you valuable gardening info.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am just learning so I don't know how much valuable information I'll have, but I look forward to learning all I can!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OK I am a little slow on signing up. Please add me to the Garden Club... I love flowers of any kind, and I have a small veggie garden every year.. Thanks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Please sign me up, too. This year is the first year I have some real growth. Last year, not so much.

I really need help with veggies... I just offed my poor basil on my deck boxes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome to our new members: bonnie and maggie . I'm always pleased to get new members. Ask any questions you have regarding your gardens. We have many avid gardeners and I'm sure you get a quick response. And don't forget our gardening competition, it closes august 14.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd like to join the club, please. I have but one lonely little aloe plant right now, but it's going to have some friends soon enough. Can't wait to learn from y'all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

welcome cheapgeek! Ask any question you like in the gardening forum. We have quite a few experienced gardeners here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to join this club if you please Forestdale.
    My garden started out very well and we planted tomatoes
    in different spot than last year.
    Well we now can't find the rest of the garden because tomato plants popped up all over and exploded. We will be making alot of spaghetti sauce and canned tomatoes....
    I have managed to find some green beans.
    I planted some flowers and if you go in the garden they can be seen under more tomato plants.

I am starting an asparagus patch with mature plants ( way away from the regular garden, also planting some lavendar to come up next year and then a big garlic bed this fall.
    Please sign me up...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome Holly. Sounds like you started of with quite a good vegetable garden. I hope you get lots of tomatoes from those bushes.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast