Down on the Homestead September 11th-September 17th
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Down on the Homestead September 11th-September 17th

Good morning all!

Today should be fairly low key. Rob will take Julia to church and Patrick and I will do some laundry and clean up the playroom a bit.

Then, we are going to my fil's for bagels with the family. Nice opportunity for the kids to play with their cousins and we'll hang out with the adults. Also nice because it isn't our week to buy.

Today is an especially meaningful time with family because my brother-in-law made it out of the first tower, literally, right before it fell on 9/11/01. This is a day for us to enjoy him and remember how lucky we all are and how in the blink of an eye, everything can change.

Rob is going to mow this afternoon while I put away laundry and do a general cleaning and decluttering of the house and we'll probably take the kids to the park. We also have to do the grocery shopping today.

I also need to sew up Julia's nightshirt. She's been wearing it ripped for about a month now...perhaps it's time. I'll sew it by hand, though. Not in the mood to fight with the machine today.

Dinner is leftovers from last night.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quiet day here.

Gabe has class today. He'll swing by at lunch and drop off the truck and I'll take the kids to the park.

I have plenty of things to do around here. Laundry being the main chore of the day.

I need to head to the store and purchase a new calculator later.

Ally starts preschool on Tuesday.

Going to do a couple of review exercises with Zachary. (school related)

Dinner is leftovers. Gabe made broccoli/cheese soup yesterday.

Upcoming week is busy. I need to organize my week, so I don't get overwhelmed. Thankful for a quiet day today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!!
    The victims & families of 9-11 are always in my prayers! As well as the Katrina victims!!! Such sad times in our country!!

Friday was one of those days!! I didn't find any time to post. I got to the point that I said to myself, "will anything go right today?" LOL But yesterday made up for it!! I had a better day yesterday. I just couldn't get into here!! I should probably check my internet settings or something.

But, anyway, it's a cool morning here and the sun is shining. It's supposed to be very hot & humid Tues & Wed. 90's! That's my kind of weather! lol

I don't know what dh made for breakfast as I was still sleeping!
    No definite plans for lunch because all 3 boys are at my son's pop warner football game and dh made lunches for them to bring. DD-17 is working, so she'll probably just throw a lunch together and DD-14 is a a friends house. I'm not sure what time she's coming home. So, I'll just grab whatever.

Dinner will be cheeseburgers & crispy potato wedges.

I have a load of towels in the washer, and I will do:
    shake the scatter rugs
    scoop the cat box
    hopefully get out to my garden
    water the plants
    clean the main bath toilet
    clean the master bedroom mirror & tv screen
    wash the master bathroom floor
    clear cobwebs from the livingroom
    make some crystal light
    make tuna salad for dh's lunch tomorrow

Pretty easy day for me.
    Then I'll be watching football & baseball all afternoon!!
    Unfortunately my Bills aren't on tv for me but my Yankees are!

woo hoo, dd-14 just called & I'm not picking her up til about 6:30. So that'll give about 3 hours or so all to myself!! I need it before my busy week. My appointment calendar is filling up so fast. Half of them are for Ryan. Then the oil co. is coming tomorrow afternoon to clean the furnace.

Well, anyway, I'm going to go get my work done so I CAN relax!!
    Have a great day all!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

I have not been able to post all this week. I started my new job, and between that and trying to reschedule tasks, get lunches packed, laundry done and getting ready for work, I HAVE BEEN BUSY!
    I had a day off yesterday, and was able to spend it with DH. We really had a good time. We bought a deer feeder and DH is turning into a poultry automatic feeder. We got it at TSC, and it surprised me that it was cheaper than Wal-mart. After a few changes it will automatically spread the feed. Works for me. I do not have the time I use to.
    I really have come to feel, that I am where I am suppose to be.
    Everyone, please have a good day, week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello to all.

Tried to sleep in this morning, but DH had to work today so I was up with him. I decided instead of making his lunch this morning, I would just take it to him later so I didn't have to rush.

I have loads of laundry to do and have been working on it most of the morning. Dinner is in the crockpot. I started it first thing this morning when DH left for work so it will be ready when he gets home.

My niece and nephew are with me today while their mom, my SIL, runs errands in town. I don't mind them staying because they play well with Dakota, which keeps him entertained too.

Later this evening, I will help Dakota study for a test he has tomorrow. He had his first official football game last night and they won 37-0!

I hope everyone has a great week.
    ~*Michelle*~

~Wife to Rick~
    ~Mother to 3~
    ~Special Education and ESL Teacher~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good afternoon.

We went to the flea market this morning. It was huge!!! In PA, all they have are little tiny ones. I got a few things, nothing wonderful. They even had free kittens and puppies. We had a ball.

Today I am finishing up the laundry, etc. and getting ready for another busy week.

I've had a terrible headache every day for 1 1/2 weeks. I never had them before. I'll tell the doc at work tomorrow, and see what he says. Even the sunlight bothers them.

We are having leftovers for dinner. This morning dd and I made muffins for dh for a "surprise". Like he didn't know what was going on. She even slipped and said something, and he acted like he couldn't hear. It was cute.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning ladies and welcome to our new homesteading friend, Sara.

I'm taking it easy again today. I'd like to finish off the ironing that I started 4 days ago, we'll see how that goes.

I got a phone call from DS in Cananda last night. He's got scabies!!! Apparently it's going through the dorm he's living in. He's freaking out about it and although he's been to the doctor and has been treated for it, he's still itching. He's applied to move out asap to live in an apartment that he can keep clean. He's a real neat freak so I know he'd be really upset. He went to boarding school for 5 years and never got anything like this before. Oh well, another experience in his life journey.

We had a bit of rain last night but I think it's gone now. It looks like a sunny day is dawning.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody...I'm home!!

I arrived home yesterday afternoon and have spent my time catching up with the kids who started school this last week, unpacking, and then cleaning up the "messes" dh couldn't get to while I was gone.

The cruise was wonderful and my seminars were successful. I got to talk to two wonderful fibre artists and got lots of tips, techniques and ideas for my business. I still feel like I am on the ship, everything is swaying

Tomorrow is back to normal around here and I have a ton of things to catch up on. Menu plans, grocery list, bill paying and cleaning. I'm also at the wool store tomorrow so I guess I'll have to prioritize.

I think I've caught up with all the activity here at the village but if I've missed birthdays or other important announcements I do apologize.

Rhonda (and others suffering from asthma/allergies) hope you are breathing better now. I had some problems too the last week.

Sara, welcome to the homesteading forum

Have a great evening all!

Tina Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome home Chriss! I'm glad you had a good time

Rhonda, your poor son Hope he can move soon and that he feels better quickly.

Last night after picking up dd from work we stood outside for almost half an hour watching the majestic northern lights. Watching them dancing across the dark sky. It was awesome!

After church this morning we all sat down to a nice lunch. It seems that as the dks get older it’s harder to have meals together; someone is working or at school. I cherish the times we are together as a family and when we have fun and laugh together.

This afternoon I baked two zucchini pineapple loaves to use for lunches this week. We’ll see how long they last

I plan on getting organized to start making Christmas gifts. I’m making cross-stitch ornaments. I have all the materials now I just need to find the time to make them.

Later I’ll do some reading. Have a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I hope that you all don't mind if I post here too.. I have decided to make more of an effort to be more involved here on FF... LOL

Today I need to go out and dead head all my beautiful flowers, and work on the garden. Next week I plan to go to my brothers house and get his rototiller, and get next years new and improved veggie garden spot started.. The next door neighbor and her hubby have decided to make a sizable garden plot with a green house!! They asked if I wanted to be a part of it, and of course I said YES!! So while I have the tiller, they will be borrowing it too.. Can't wait to start the garden plot over there for next year too.

DH is gone to his mothers "homestead" to help her with some stuff she cannot do by herself.. Her DH passed away August 23 so everything is new to her that he had always done in the past. She has had to learn a lot in a short amount of time especially at age 65...She is one smart and tough cookie and I know that all will work out for her . So while my DH is "on loan" to his mom, I need to completely tear the house apart and put it all back together again by Tuesday night.... I think I can, I think I can... LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good news ladies! I finished the ironing I started last week. I've also just vacuumed and washed the floors. I'm feeling a little breathless but I'm much, much better. I really detest being sick. Thanks for all your good wishes.

Welcome home Chriss. I'm so pleased it all went well. I hope you tell us more about your cruise when you have time. Could you start a thread? I'd love to know what you all got up to.

Tina, those zuchinni and pineapple loaves sound delicious and perfect for lunches.

Bonnie, I'm pleased you've joined us. I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. It's good that your DH is supporting his mum during this difficult period. What a great idea to garden with neighbours and a bonus they have a greenhouse.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chriss, I'd like to hear more about your cruise too. It sounds wonderful!

Bonnie, good for you on getting a jump start on next year's garden. I need to do the same thing!

Today, I cleaned and organized my sewing room. It looks so good now if I do say so myself!

I also clipped coupons from the paper and did a little needlepoint in between morning and evening services.

Wishing all of you a productive and happy week!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone. It is just so cool to come here and see all the new posters to our daily homestead thread.

We had another wonderful weekend. The kids and I headed into the city on Sat. to do some shopping for our stockpile and to deposit a couple checks in the bank. We had so much fun. I had the kids laughing most of the way home. It makes for a much shorter trip that way.

Yesterday we spent the day together reading and dh and I doing quite a bit of chatting. I love those days when we can sit down and just talk.

Last evening I finally got dd's wedding quilt finished.

Today I need to:

~bake bread
    ~do a load of laundry
    ~go through our winter clothes (Rhonda, your ds might be talking about snow next time he talks to you. They got 43cm in Crow's Nest pass, not far from where he is)
    ~dig up more potatoes
    ~clean the po tonight
    ~walk to pick up the mail

Welcome back Chriss. Nice to hear you had a wonderful cruise.

Dawn and Kim, thinking of both of you.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi ladies!

Just a quick word to tell you I am over my virus but my computer has one now. I'm on DH's computer. I'll be back in a day or two.

CJ, yes, Kerry rang Sunday evening and said it was snowing in the mountains. He's freezing, hasn't got enough warm clothes but is trying to wait until he goes to Edmonton to buy warmer gear. One of the girls at the resort is lending him a quilt until then too. One thing about my boys, they always seem to have plenty of girls around wanting to help them out. I'll be sending your parcel today.

Everyone behave while I'm away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like everything is going well for people around here and I'm glad to hear it.

I've got nothing newsworthy going on around here. Same old, same old.

Work. All meals from pantry. Laundry.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast