Frugal Village Forums banner

Do you have fruit trees and if so, what type

874 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  sunshine 
#1 ·
We have apples and cherry trees. I'm hoping to plant some plum trees this spring.

#4 ·
Just one apple tree. Our property used to be much much larger and our neighbor owns the rest of it with an entire orchard on it.

#5 ·
I have an apple tree sapling that my brother gave me. He's keeping it at his place for the winter (it was already mulched in when he offered it to me). I can't wait to plant it! Especially since it looks like we'll be staying here for a while now :)

#6 ·
We have two peach, two apple, and one plum --- all dwarf. We need to get another plum for cross pollination. The peach trees had a few peaches this last season. All are relatively new.

We also have two old old pear trees that bear well, but are in need of attention. They have lots of suckers or small trees growing beneath them and these need to be removed. DH has other priorities, however. Someday I will go in with an axe or hatchet and do it myself. I know these small trees need to be removed or the old trees will suffer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.