Organizing My Recipes
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Organizing My Recipes

I have all my recipes stored in Mastercook on the computer. I've been wanting to print out my tried and true recipes for a long time and get them into a notebook. I recently started doing this and am about 1/3 of the way finished. I printed out the recipe in a large enough format for my aging eyes in a good font. To save money I am printing on both sides of paper. To protect the recipes I slip the paper into a clear page protector and put it into a notebook.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Awesome!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How much does Mastercook cost? I've been wanting to get it because I have recipes ALL over the place that I need to get put somewhere in some kind of organized way. If I ever get organized it will be a small miracle.

Deb

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I tried mastercook along time ago and couldn't figure it out,lol. Good for you, it's going to be great having it all at your fingertips.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like to collect pages of beautiful looking food with recipes from magazines. I put these into a binder with clear protectors. An artist made me a good looking cover for the binder.

I also have tons of pages of recipes I've collected off of he internet. You've just given me a good idea for what to do with them. Thanks.

Stacey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love mastercook...I have to get it on this computer...we used to have it.

I have about 7 binders full so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got a older version of mastercook off the internet for something like $6.00. As I said it's not the newest version but it works for me. I don't need a bunch of bells and whistles; just a way to save my recipes. Also, my DH will backup my software for me so nothing gets lost in case the computer crashes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's great! I have a whole filing cabinet drawer full of recipes. I LOVE to collect recipes from magazines, etc. I have file folders for each category, chicken, beef, veggies, cookies, pasta, etc. Then inside the folder I have a divider and the tried and true ones go up front and the ones to try still are in the back. I've been working a lot the last few months so I haven't been able to keep up with my filing, so I'll be doing that shortly. I love to look through recipes and read cookbooks. It is very relaxing...

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Organizing Recipes

I have a yahoo group I created with different folders in the files section for recipe categories. I made text files for all my recipes and store it in there. I welcome new recipes. I am new to this forum/blog so I can't post the link yet to my group until I have posted more. But I will try to remember to share my group at a later date.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've just set up a 2nd monitor which is secured to the wall in my kitchen so that I can view all my recipes WITHOUT PRINTING! I'm in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more PILES & PILES of recipes that NEVER get into binders or folders!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got mastercook 9.0 this week and I can't figure it out. what's driving me crazy if figuring out how to make a menu and a shopping list. I can do but the hard way I know there has to a simpler way.

SMART HOMEFLOW UK LIMITED Unit 7a, 142 Johnson Street, London, UB2 5FD, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks for this information.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mastercook is expensive, holy cow. I use Paprika for the desktop and Android. I do most of the adding and modifying on the desktop, easily adding from both websites and my personal recipes. It's then synced across all devices and account, so that recipes can be pulled up no matter where or who is doing the cooking. At the store, it's easy to either pull up a recipe to get needed ingredients, or make a meal plan using several recipes and a shopping list.

I used to do the binders, but it became cumbersome and I realized I wasn't using them very often.